The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blues vs Ponty team

4 posters

Go down

Blues vs Ponty team Empty Blues vs Ponty team

Post by wales606 Fri 12 Aug 2011, 1:00 pm

15. Dan Fish 14. Alex Cuthbert 13. Gavin Evans 12. Dafydd Hewitt 11. Tom James 10. Gareth Davies 9. Lewis Jones

8. Andries Pretorius 7. Thomas Young 6. Michael Paterson 5. Deiniol Jones 4. James Down 3. Sam Hobbs 2. T. Rhys Thomas 1. Nathan Trevett

16. Kristian Dacey 17. Lewis Smout 18. Ryan Harford 19. Macauley Cook 20. Maama Molitika 21. Rhys Downes 22. Ellis Jenkins

http://www.cardiffblues.com

An interesting selection. Some young players being given a chance in the pre-season.

Pretorious at 8 for the second week running (training match against Cardiff RFC last week) suggests a much younger Blues pack could be used next year, with Molitika already out of the 1st 15 and D.Jones, X.Rush and P.Tito begining to follow.

People complained last year about the ageing Blues pack, but, potentially we could have one of the youngest with

1. G.Jenkins
2. TR.Thomas
3. S.Andrews
4. B.Davies
5. J.Down
6. M.Paterson
7. S.Warburton
8. A.Pretorious

Pontypridd 15.Adam Thomas. 14.Lewis I Williams. 13.Gavin Dacey. 12.Gary Williams. 11.Kayne Hendrickson. 10.Dean Gunter. 9.Garyn Lucas; 1.Stuart Williams. 2.Tom Hetherington. 3.Pat Palmer. 4.Craig Locke. 5.Chris Dicomidis - cpt. 6.Dan Godfrey. 7.Wayne O'Connor. 8.Owen Sheppeard.

Subs: James Howe; Jack Dando; Ken Knaggs; Jordan Sieniawski; David Barry; Lewis K Williams; Chris Clayton; Owen Jenkins; Harley Thomson; Matthew Nuthall

wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Blues vs Ponty team Empty Re: Blues vs Ponty team

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 12 Aug 2011, 1:30 pm

Thats a pretty strong team feilded by the Blues, looks like Ponty are in for a very very hard time.

Out of interest how far is that from the first choice team during the RWC? The only noticable names missing (bar the ones you mentioned) are Czekaj and Mustoe?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:15 pm

Quite a few missing I think Spiderman

During the WC our 1st team will be somthing like this

1. J.Yapp (S.Hobbs)
2. T.R.Thomas
3. S.Andrews (N.Trevett)
4. M.Paterson
5. P.Tito
6. A.Pretorious
7. M.Williams (J.Navidi/T.Young)
8. X.Rush
9. R.Rees
10. C.Sweeney
11. T.James
12. D.Hewitt
13. C.Laulaula
14. R.Mustoe
15. C.Czechaj/D.Fish

16. S.Hobbs (???)
17. G.Williams
18. N.Trevett (???)
19. D.Jones
20. M.Molitika
21. R.Downes
22. G.Evans
23. D.Fish/C.Czechaj/H.Robinson
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:18 pm

Jeeze I forgot all about some of them. Thats a fair bit of depth you have there.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:47 pm

Buzzing for this game. Making the trip on the train to watch. Hoping that the tickets dont sell out before i get there (if they sell out). Also hoping that Harry Robinson gets a run out. If anyones interested its £5 for Grandstand and £3 for Ground. Well worth a look. C'mon the Blues.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 14 Aug 2011, 1:48 pm

i went along as a neutral dragons fan just to get some live rugby and to have a look at whats coming through the blues set up

the lock downes looked pretty handy to me good balance and carrying, more of a wyn jones player than the brute force of a bradley davies no one else from the blues really impressed me although it was a tpyical pre season frinedyl alot of rustiness

ponty fronted up quite well and only after 60mins did the blues really run away with it....ponty have lost a fair fewe of last years starting 15 also, including wales u20 flanker ed siggery to LONDON IRISH (what were the blues-or other welsh regions thinking of! 🤦 )

for ponty there young winger lewis williams impressed me and twic emade good runs almost ending in great tries and looked btetter than what the blues had....can anyone tell me anymore about him?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun 14 Aug 2011, 2:00 pm

Yeah Lewis Williams looked sharp. I was sitting in the stand talking to some of the Ponty fans and they said hes there best player but was hurt a lot last season. He made the Blues look silly in defence a few times. I thought G.Davies had a good game.

The starting winger #11 for Ponty was awful though. How he was on the field eludes me.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 14 Aug 2011, 2:01 pm

yea couldnt catch a cold! so this williams is he a youngster?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun 14 Aug 2011, 2:05 pm

Hes 23, so hes not old. He'd be worth putting in the LV squad for the Blues for a game or two to see how he goes. Well worth a look. The coaches had to notice his turn of pace and agility. Reminds me of another Williams.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 14 Aug 2011, 2:08 pm

yea you read my mind, hey if the blues pass him up id be happy for the dragons to take a punt on him!

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down