The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kell brook to fight 4th october

+6
Steffan
Bob
aja424
88Chris05
Rowley
eddyfightfan
10 posters

Go down

kell brook to fight 4th october Empty kell brook to fight 4th october

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 14:35

WBA inter continetal champion, kell brook is set to fight Rafal Jackiewicz from poland. although not a huge name he does seem to be a decent opponent, having previously beaten IBF champion Zaveck, and losing a SD to him on another occasion. kell is ranked #5 by the IBF, and zaveck is due to fight berto for the IBF title in september, according to eddie hearns if brook can get through this fight then he could get a shot at the title himself. i think this is well deserved for kell, he is a good fighter and a hot prospect. i was impressed with kell last time out against n'dou, he showed he can stay focused for 12 full rounds. not seen much of the other guy, his record is 38(19)-9(0)-1, but he is 23-1 from his last 24, losing only to the IBF champion. aged 34, he's never been knocked out- he should provide kell with a decent test, if not another big name on the CV.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

kell brook to fight 4th october Empty Re: kell brook to fight 4th october

Post by Rowley Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 14:43

Saw this on Sky, think I might go to this one, went to the N'Dou fight and the atmosphere was terrific. Good to see Hearn putting him on in Sheffield again, because with Naz and Woods gone there is a definite market for a home grown fighter there and the last fight would suggest Kell can definitely exploit this.

Think when he signed him Hearn said his plan was to keep Kell busier than he had been thus far and get him on locally and looks like he is delivering which is good to see, hopefully if he comes through this he can get a title shot. If he can win a belt early next year could set up an inevitable domestic match up with Khan when Amir inevitably moves to welter further down the line.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 14:49

Seems to be another fairly sound opponent for Brook at this stage. Another ten rounds guaranteed fight is what he still needs right now, looks as if Jackiewicz is the type of opponent to give him this. Was very impressed with Brook last time out against N'Dou, not simply because he won, but because of how he won. There were none of those concentration lapses or lazy spells that we've seen once or twice before, he mixed attack with defence perfectly and showed that, although he's not a concussive puncher, he has enough pop in his fists to discourage even the best chins at 147 lb.

As you say Eddy, Jackiewicz has a decent world ranking, so this could be another door opened to a title fight in 2012.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 17:14

Like the look of Brook and should be interesting when he steps it up to world level, especially considering his weight class. Maybe he will be the man to show us that you can get to the very top ( genuine number 1 at the weight)with the Ingle style.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 17:15

Think Naz already did that to be fair Aja, there was a decent period where Naz was pretty undoubtedly the top featherweight in the world, and don't let Coxy try and tell you any different

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 17:18

Yeah true I used to love watching Naz.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 17:34

Decent enough opponent for Brook. Let's hope he gets the crap kicked out of him.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 17:50

Bob wrote:Decent enough opponent for Brook. Let's hope he gets the crap kicked out of him.

Who, Brook or the opponent?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 19:16

Steffan wrote:
Bob wrote:Decent enough opponent for Brook. Let's hope he gets the crap kicked out of him.

Brook naturally. Hateful little turd.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by whotobeA Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 20:30

Dont know what Brooks has done out of the ring but i hope he can move up to the big stage.

The obvious problem so far has been his inactivity & i think they should still be a bit careful who they match him with. Doesn't sound like he's gonna ko this bloke & it seems they are trying to get him plenty of rnds.

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 21:20

Bob wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Any particular reason? Only, it's usually Steffan's job to irrationally hate English fighters.

Just kidding Stef...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 21:34

BALTIMORA wrote:
Bob wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Any particular reason? Only, it's usually Steffan's job to irrationally hate English fighters.

Just kidding Stef...

Yep. I've met him.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 21:49

Bob wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
Bob wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Just kidding Stef...

Yep. I've met him.

...and? Any more to that tale of intrigue? Did he not call when he said he would?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 22:09

You sound like my kinda person Bob OK

I hope Brook gets badly beaten as well

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 22:17

BALTIMORA wrote:Any particular reason? Only, it's usually Steffan's job to irrationally hate English fighters.

Just kidding Stef...

Nothing irrational about it. The only ones I hate are Haye and Froch. Repulsive individuals. As for the rest its just England v Wales banter. I want English fighters to lose the same way you all wanted Calzaghe and now Cleverly to lose. Its the same with rugby and football say for example. You want us to lose and visa versa. I wouldnt take it all to serious as its only sport. We are all civil to each other on this island despite our countries feelings for each other being simular to Israel and Palestine

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 22:17

[quote="Steffan"]
BALTIMORA wrote:Any particular reason? Only, it's usually Steffan's job to irrationally hate English fighters.

Just kidding Stef...

Nothing irrational about it. The only ones I hate are Haye and Froch. Repulsive individuals. As for the rest its just England v Wales banter. I want English fighters to lose the same way you all wanted Calzaghe and now Cleverly to lose. Its the same with rugby and football say for example. You want us to lose whoever we play and visa versa. I wouldnt take it all to serious as its only sport. We are all civil to each other on this island despite our countries feelings for each other being simular to Israel and Palestine at times

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 22:31

Steffan wrote:

Just kidding Stef...

Nothing irrational about it. The only ones I hate are Haye and Froch. Repulsive individuals. As for the rest its just England v Wales banter. I want English fighters to lose the same way you all wanted Calzaghe and now Cleverly to lose. Its the same with rugby and football say for example. You want us to lose and visa versa. I wouldnt take it all to serious as its only sport. We are all civil to each other on this island despite our countries feelings for each other being simular to Israel and Palestine

Not sure how Froch is repulsive, seeing as he comes across as more down-to-earth than most. Rugby and football I couldn't care less about. Calzaghe I used to like watching, but he seems like an arrogant kind of person. Cleverly I'll happily support, but he has to know his limits. He's good but largely unproven.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 22:36

Brook is also good but largely unproven. Its probably Frank Warrens fault but the Brook has been fighting tomato cans for 5 years now. The Clev is WBO Champ (its an alphabet belt but at least its a world title) and that was only being part time due to his maths degree until last year. Brook is ok but no one has dragged him into the trenches yet. Another English hype job possibly but we will see I guess

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 23:00

Steffan it's not like Brook is the first or only guy ever to be guilty of riding their hype. Cleverly is another guy in a very similar situation. The only difference is that the WBO LHW belt wasn't held by the #1 p4p guy in the world. Cleverly's strap means nothing currently and will continue to mean nothing until he fights and beats a genuine world class guy.

There are plenty hype jobs out there who aren't English, so I don't see why you have to specifically have a grudge against the English ones.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 21:08

BALTIMORA wrote:
Bob wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
Bob wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Just kidding Stef...

Yep. I've met him.

...and? Any more to that tale of intrigue? Did he not call when he said he would?

I could elaborate, but won't.

Suffice to say I'm a bobby, and I aint met Brook socially.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 21:59

Brook looks a good fighter but not truly tested yet. Rafal Jackiewicz will help answer alot of questions. There are bigger names and tougher opposition but this is a good step up for Brook who has spent alot of time treading water.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 22:07

Bob wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
Bob wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
Bob wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Just kidding Stef...

Yep. I've met him.

I could elaborate, but won't.

Suffice to say I'm a bobby, and I aint met Brook socially.

Fair enough, I'll take your word. Say no more.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 14 Aug 2011 - 16:01

Steffan wrote:Brook is also good but largely unproven. Its probably Frank Warrens fault but the Brook has been fighting tomato cans for 5 years now. The Clev is WBO Champ (its an alphabet belt but at least its a world title) and that was only being part time due to his maths degree until last year. Brook is ok but no one has dragged him into the trenches yet. Another English hype job possibly but we will see I guess

Steffan I hate to criticise but he ahs hardly been fighting "Tomato Cans" this is a ridiculous statement to make, I very much doubt you have actually looked at Brook's record in real depth and just decided to make this statement.
He fought a tough Kevin Mcintyre, in which most people thought he would have a very tough night in, however he blew him away in emphatic fashion. Michael Lomax looked like a very tough nights work as he was a very respectable domestic fighter, however Brook impressed again and beat him in 3 rounds. He fought Bienias, a guy who had only been stopped once and had been in against decent Euro level opposition, again Brook impressed and scored a 6 round knockout. He then fought Michael Jennings, a guy who had fought at World Level, granted was beaten by Miguel Cotto (No shame in that) but had flirted with World level opposition and was more than a respectable opponent, Brook won this due to a cut in the 5th. He then fought Philip Kotey a tough guy who had been in with tough level of opposition and had a decent winning record, Brook impressed again by knocking him out in 2. Then faced N'Dou facing a guy who had never been stopped was known as a serious hard man, he won in a very one sided points decision against a guy who had been against top top fighters. Hardly tomato cans, he's not being fed journeyman every week, to say that is a bit ignorant in my opinon.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 14 Aug 2011 - 16:10

his next opponent looks like he could be tougher than n'dou- they seem to genuinely be preparing kell for a career, not just coasting him though to title- think the fact that his division is one of the most competitive out there may mean they want him tested early to make sure he can handle it- future world champion in my eyes

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down