The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Scarlets shirt

5 posters

Go down

New Scarlets shirt Empty New Scarlets shirt

Post by mckay1402 Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:25 am

Anyone know when it's going to be launched?
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

New Scarlets shirt Empty Re: New Scarlets shirt

Post by Breadvan Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:45 am

I was down PYS for the Man u 3rds football and it was advertised for the 24th.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 am

14 days 6hrs, 14mins from NOW
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:46 am

Well there is a count down on the website.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:02 am

O i guess I could probably have looked at that...thanks chaps
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:28 am

What worries me is that its a bleeding fashion show that they do to launch the kit.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Leaving it a bit late aren't they?

Wouldn't it make more sense to get them out earlier in the summer so that people coming down to get their season tickets could get them. Also that would give them a better cashflow during the fallow months of the summer.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:14 am

doctornickolas wrote:Leaving it a bit late aren't they?

Wouldn't it make more sense to get them out earlier in the summer so that people coming down to get their season tickets could get them. Also that would give them a better cashflow during the fallow months of the summer.

If folk are buying season tickets then they will be able to get the shirt at the first match of the season. Also when the tickets came out last time there was a voucher for £5 off the price of a shirt so that is probably part of the reasoning too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:33 am

My parents have just got their season tickets and apprently they just had vouchers for £5 off when you spend £50 in the shop and £10 if you spend £100. Plus for some reason they had free tickets to Llanelli FC games

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:36 am

Kit is out now, and looks pretty good

Scarlets Website wrote:
Key features of the Scarlets new 2011/12 season kit:

• The Scarlets Dragon - a sign of Scarlets endeavour, bravery, strength, passion, heritage and pride. The emblem of the dragon with outstretched wings is from the club's earliest origins (originated from Llanelli RFC logo) as we look forward to the 5000th game celebration on 24th September 2011.

• The design of the shirt portrays part of the Dragon logo being wrapped around the shirt (see the contrast ghosting around the centre of shirt) - signifying the collective spirit of the club which supports every player and supporters that puts the shirt on. The Scarlets identity that is at the heart of our heritage and inspires, supports and adds strength to what we do.

• "Heart and Soul" on the sleeve hems - on left hand side in English and right hand side in Welsh. The number 5000 is shown on the lower part of the collar. Words to Sosban Fach is found tucked inside the collar at the back - the first line of the folk song is on the home shirt, second line on the away shirt.

• Use of the dragon emblem as a stand-alone badge without Scarlets lettering underneath on the home or away shirts. The focus is on the dragon as the portrayal of the Scarlets true heart and soul identity.

• The dragon badge is emblazoned on the front of the shirt with a 3D effect - "bringing it to life" using latest technology from Burrda Sport. This technology allows the logo to stand out prominently using the very latest 'Sensila' microfibre technology described as giving 'a living touch'.

• COOLDRY playing kit is a unique fabric technology that allows the absorption and transfusion of body moisture into the fibres while allowing air to circulate around the body

· Hydrophilic affect
· Absorbs sweat keeping skin dry
· Air Permeability
· Cools body providing ultimate comfort
· Easy Care
· Extremely durable and retains garment shape

ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:38 am

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/4108.php

Sorry can't attatch pic, work has blocked it somehow
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:31 am

Looks quite nice from that photo, glad they've gone for a navy away kit.

Poor show from the Scarlets not having the pictures ready on the shop section of the website and £59 is quite expensive, but I do love the way they keep little cultural things in the shirt - like the Sosban fach verses and this new(ish) Heart and Soul

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:36 am

Smirnoff - I agree that £60 is a bit steep, but I am hoping that is for the match day shirt (the skin tight thing), and that the home eplica kit (not poncy shirt) will end up at around £55. To be fair to the Scarlets they really don't seem to give a monkeys about updating the shop website do they.

I honestly think that this looks like it could be our best looking shirt since the Celtic Warrior one Llanelli RFC had. Well if the Dragon is done in the same way, I'll need to see it in person to be sure, but looks promising.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:38 am

When I was on fbook, looking for a snkeay peak and you could pre-order a shirt, that was only about £49 I think, so £60 must be for the match day one.

I like the look of this shirt, haven't had a new one for a few seasons so reckon I'll fork out for one. Love that they are keeping/adding the sosban fach stuff on it etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:46 am

Dreamer - they are sneaky though, last season you could pre-order for £50, but then it cost £55 if you didn't pre-order.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:32 pm

ah crumbs really?? maybe tis more like a £55 price then, and at least we get a £5 off with a season ticket Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:48 pm

and don't forget the free tickets to 5 whole Llanelli FC games... clap

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:54 pm

I didn't know we had them! Not got my season ticket yet, had it posted to my parents' address back West, so getting it this weekend, can't wait. Fair play to them if they've done that though, that's brilliant OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:05 pm

Its strange tho as i thought they didnt get on (llanelli fc and scarlets) as werent there arguements when the stadium was being built as they were supposed to ground share?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:16 pm

Something like that but I'm pretty sure last year all llanelli rfc tickets were free to Scarlets season ticket holders, but that there was a huge stink this year as season ticket holders were going to lose that benefit. Guess they made a compromise.

All internal politics as usual though I'd imagine, tis the norm for us!

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:52 pm

RugbyDreamer - The tickets aren't for Llanelli RFC but for Llanelli FC - the football club (at least according to my mother), thats why I thought it was strange.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:31 pm

ooooh right, really?! that is pretty darn odd then. Still the Scarlets were promoting Llanelli's game v Man U quite a lot and I guess it makes sense for them to work together. More crowds at the fc matches, means more food/drink sales etc, they really do need to try and make money through the stadium where possible, so this at least seems like a positive step.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:31 am

I don't quite get the Llanelli Reds link myself. It seems a bit odd, after all I thought the reason that the RFC matches were not included anymore was down to trying to separate the Scarlets from Llanelli, but giving ticket out to the Reds (who play else where) just seems to reinforce the Llanelli issue, as opposed to getting away from it.

Also I still have not got my season ticket, I ordered it 9AM the fay they went up for renuals but still no sign of it Cry
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:37 am

I think the admin side of the Scarlets still has some way to go.

I was wondering why they'd stopped doing the Llanelli RFC tickets (I would have thought a better way would have been for each season ticket holder to stay their preferred Premiership club in the region (i.e Quinns, Llandovery, Llanelli) and then get tickets for their games. That way it includes the region and increases gates at the Premier clubs which helps strengthen them.

The only logic I can see for the Llanelli Reds link is that it was a concession for having the Man U game played at PYS.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:41 am

When I got my first few season tickets there was a choice of feeder teams (Narbeth, Quins and Llanelli I think) and with your season ticket you got entry to their home games, but then with that seemed to stop around the time we were facing going bust if Stradey couldn't be sold.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Finally got home and now have hold of my season ticket, it arrived yesterday according to my parents, so well happy with that.

SS - hope you get your season ticket soon, maybe it's worth giving them a call??

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:48 am

Dreamer - I got my ticket when I got home Friday. It was sent to Milford Haven CARMS, and they sent out two OAP tickets, when neither of the tickets should have been OAP. I am most miffed to say the least. That said come Sunday I am sure all will be forgiven when we pick up a 5pt win.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:17 am

blimey not surprised you're a bit miffed by that, I would be too! Have you called them to let them know? Despite us getting more professional on the field, sometimes you know, we're still a very amature establishment.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:36 am

Yeah rang up, got told that it was my mistake even though i did it on the phone originally, and got told that I owe them £20 a ticket to get them sorted out as proper tickets. It is a joke really. But that said I support the team on the feild, not the team in the offices, so as long as the team on the feild give it their best I can deal with the mistakes of the office folk.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:46 am

That's the best way to look at it I guess. As long as you let them know of their error so they can improve and don't keep making the same mistakes too.

Can't believe we're playing again on Sunday, can't blydi well wait for it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down