The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enrique considering options

2 posters

Go down

Enrique considering options Empty Enrique considering options

Post by Guest Fri 18 Feb 2011, 12:24 pm

Jose Enrique has dropped a big hint that he is ready to leave Newcastle, after revealing he is flattered by reported interest from Manchester United, Liverpool and Aston Villa.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew confirmed earlier this week that the Spanish full-back had told the club he would not discuss his future until their Premier League status was confirmed.

Now the Spaniard, whose contract expires next year, has revealed he is flattered by talk of rival Premier League clubs monitoring his situation.

"It is flattering that Liverpool are interested," said Enrique in The Sun.

"I've also heard that Manchester United and Aston Villa have asked about me.

"They are both big teams and I'm not closing the door on anyone. I'm ambitious and want to play in the Champions League. I want to win things. I'm OK at Newcastle but I aspire to more.

"I love the fans here and suffered with them when we were relegated. But we have to be realistic. Newcastle aren't performing well."

More on the story at Sky Sports Click Here

Back to top Go down

Enrique considering options Empty Re: Enrique considering options

Post by Guest Fri 18 Feb 2011, 12:36 pm

Liverpool and United i can understand, but Villa!?!?!? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Fri 18 Feb 2011, 1:55 pm

He has turned into a very good left back, for me his best option would be Liverpool, Evra has signed a new contract at united and he will have Clichy ahead of him at somewhere like Arsenal

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Feb 2011, 1:57 pm

He's a cracking left back, i'd love him to stay but alas, we are a selling club now, at least for a few seasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheikitout Fri 18 Feb 2011, 10:06 pm

if you go on the club website he sets the record straight and says what he said was taken out of context. if you read the whole interview rather than the quotes in the sun hes asked if he wants to play champions league football and he answers saying of course im ambitious etc. just lazy journalism by the sun to be honest Smile

anyway go on the club website he says hes happy with the club and the direction its going and isnt happy with the speculation Very Happy

Cheikitout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Feb 2011, 10:10 pm

welcome to the board Cheikitout thumbsup
Typical tabloids quoting out of context again then lol.

No doubt Enrique is a great asset to the toon but if someone came in for him in the summer with a daft amount of money can you see Ashley not selling?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheikitout Fri 18 Feb 2011, 10:12 pm

He has turned into a very good left back, for me his best option would be Liverpool

---------------------------------------------

personally i dont think thats right, liverpool really? liverpool would be a sideways move IMO, yeh ther better than us at the moment but they are heading downhill no more champions league with city arsenal chelsea man u and spurs all ahead of them squad wise. yeh they can pay more wages but thats all they have got going for them apart from europa league but to be honest we should aiming for europa league in next few years. i dont mind selling players to better clubs if they want to leave and we get a good price its good for us and the player, but liverpool are our competition for europa league we shouldnt be helping them in anyway.

Cheikitout

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheikitout Fri 18 Feb 2011, 10:14 pm

Y I Man thumbsup hmm im not sure to be honest i mean we did turn down big offers for carrol before the transfer request depends wether u belive carrol was pushed out because ash wanted the cash or big andy wanted bigger wages, i think if we were offered between 20-35mil ash would sell and get someone like warnock in for 2mil, that sounds like an ashley sort of move :606laugh: or get someone on a free like we did with pacake :606laugh:

Cheikitout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Feb 2011, 10:21 pm

:606laugh: Thats Ashley alright.

Although, if Ashley does splash some of the £35m in the summer its a sign of intent that could sway the likes of Enrique & Tiote to stay on.

If he doesnt, im expecting both to leave in the summer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Feb 2011, 10:15 am

He's gotta invest, when your best players and fan favourites are coming out and saying that the money needs to be pumped into the club you have to listen.

As Barton said, you pay peanuts, you're gonna get monkeys. There will be some good players available in the summer and if we can find some gems in the way we found Tiote and Enrique then we can perhaps splash out on at least one marquee signing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 8:11 pm

all i can say with being a geordie we need to keep our great players and he is 1 of these see teams are taken newcastle players because we are starting to put up a fight now we can improve if ashley hands that 35m for players in the summer
:geordiekit:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down