The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My pack is better than your pack...

+12
TheGreyGhost
OzT
Impossible Standards
Draigoch
mckay1402
Artful_Dodger
deadfred
formerly known as Sam
Portnoy
Thomond
beshocked
munkian
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My pack is better than your pack... - Page 2 Empty My pack is better than your pack...

Post by munkian Tue 02 Aug 2011, 12:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, big game Saturday with alot of bragging rights on offer plus a chance to to see if certain players fit in the respective RWC squads.

Forwards win matches, the backs just decide by how many

How confident are English supporters that their pack can do the job ? Are Welsh players confident that their front row will survive without Smiler ?

What are the guesses for the Forwards selections and how they'll fare against their opponents ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

My pack is better than your pack... - Page 2 Empty Re: My pack is better than your pack...

Post by beshocked Tue 02 Aug 2011, 5:32 pm

Munkian no I don't think the English pack will dominate but I think it will have the upperhand overall.

In terms of backrows it really depends on who each team picks.

A backrow of Lydiate,Warburton and Delve would be good though.

The front five of Stevens,Hartley,Cole,Lawes and Palmer would have the upper hand in my opinion.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

My pack is better than your pack... - Page 2 Empty Re: My pack is better than your pack...

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 02 Aug 2011, 5:54 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:
Your boys really are getting delusions of grandeur now. laughing "Much like the AB's" laughing You might be wearing all black and fielding a number of Kiwis, but that's exactly where the similarity ends.
Laugh

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 02 Aug 2011, 6:16 pm

OzT wrote:Nothing worse than forwards in the back line when on a good open attack.... except maybe for the last 2 yards crash ball onto the line.

For some reason from your username I had thought you were a saffa yappysnap, obviously from the profile you're English

Yea Smit showed when they can work on Saturday, sadly ours don't seem to understand getting a run up.

As to the name well i don't know where it came from, probably as i play scrummie a lot and talk more then the two teams put together, none of it's usefull though.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 02 Aug 2011, 6:45 pm

yappysnap wrote:
I will of course never liken any team to the AB's again.
Sorry.

I wouldn't go that far. If you could just avoid likening England to NZ, that'd be grand, thanks.

You're not seriously going down the "McCaw is cheat" road again are you? I thought we'd put this one to bed last week after half a dozen uneducated pops turned out to be nothing but hot air and the inability to distinguish McCaw cheating from various other ABs effecting ruthlessly efficient turn overs?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 02 Aug 2011, 6:48 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
TheGreyGhost wrote:
Your boys really are getting delusions of grandeur now. laughing "Much like the AB's" laughing You might be wearing all black and fielding a number of Kiwis, but that's exactly where the similarity ends.
Laugh

Laugh Laugh
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 02 Aug 2011, 6:49 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:
yappysnap wrote:
I will of course never liken any team to the AB's again.
Sorry.

I wouldn't go that far. If you could just avoid likening England to NZ, that'd be grand, thanks.

You're not seriously going down the "McCaw is cheat" road again are you? I thought we'd put this one to bed last week after half a dozen uneducated pops turned out to be nothing but hot air and the inability to distinguish McCaw cheating from various other ABs effecting ruthlessly efficient turn overs?

You're not seriously looking to get upset at everything I say are you? You really are far too precious about your beloved Mccaw. I was merely saying that in jest, mainly because of all the over the top ranting at him by people.

I also never named Mccaw, that's just your guilty conscience working...

Obviously along with never likening any team to the AB's i will also never joke about the AB's or claim that they cheat.

Sorry again.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 02 Aug 2011, 6:52 pm

munkian wrote:Lying on the ball and waving at the ref only works if you are Rugby Jesus McCaw.

And 2 smilies ? Thats just decadent king

Smileys are like a certain type of lady, you hate them for ages and then end up with two of them.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 02 Aug 2011, 7:19 pm

yappysnap wrote:As to the name well i don't know where it came from, probably as i play scrummie a lot and talk more then the two teams put together, none of it's usefull though.

For anyone who is familiar with even your recent posting history this is redundant information.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 02 Aug 2011, 7:44 pm

That's not very nice is it.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 02 Aug 2011, 7:47 pm

No. Sorry. I take it back.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:24 pm

Rees' absence will be a real blow, but with a pack of Geth, (a hooker), Adam, Bradley, Alun-Wyn, Lydiate, Warburton and Delve, we have a good chance of getting the better of them. It will be tough, no doubt, but that pack is pretty strong.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:13 am

Dominic Dicoco wrote:Rees' absence will be a real blow, but with a pack of Geth, (a hooker), Adam, Bradley, Alun-Wyn, Lydiate, Warburton and Delve, we have a good chance of getting the better of them. It will be tough, no doubt, but that pack is pretty strong.

I completely agree, it'll be tough but I don't think our forwards are particularly below England's though it seems some English fans think otherwise which is fair enough and why I started the thread.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2