The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would constitute success for Andy Carroll this coming season?

+6
Small Time
Thomond
JDandfries
Kenny
Crimey
az1988
10 posters

Go down

What would constitute success for Andy Carroll this coming season? Empty What would constitute success for Andy Carroll this coming season?

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 2:33 pm

So okay Andy Carroll cost a whole lot more than he should have when he made his switch to Liverpool in January and almost every man and his dog on here appears to have their own opinion on him one way or the other but lets try and forget the price tag for the foreseeable and concentrate on his football alone.

Now assuming he enters the season fully fit and starts 30 games is it safe to say that 15+ Premier League goals is a relatively decent return? I myself can see him bagging that many at least given a sustained run in the side and can see no reason we he and Suarez cannot combine 35+ goals which should contribute to around 50-60% of Liverpool's goals this coming term.

So guys what in your opinion would constitute a good season for Andy Carroll?

Cheers Guys.

Last edited by FreekShow on Sat 30 Jul 2011, 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

What would constitute success for Andy Carroll this coming season? Empty Re: What would constitute success for Andy Carroll this coming season?

Post by az1988 Sat 30 Jul 2011, 2:37 pm

with the service liverpool have gained in downing, adam, henderson then they should provide him with decent enough opportunities to bag 15 a season but u never know..

az1988

Back to top Go down

What would constitute success for Andy Carroll this coming season? Empty Re: What would constitute success for Andy Carroll this coming season?

Post by Crimey Sat 30 Jul 2011, 3:02 pm

I'd be happy with 15 goals for this season definetly, certainly as it seems we have a very strong attacking force this year with Suarez, Kuyt, Downing, Gerrard, Adam all hopefully popping in with quite a few. I think Carroll will probably be our main goal scorer, but hopefully we won't be reliant on his goals as we more with Torres.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 30 Jul 2011, 4:11 pm

I would be happy for Andy to get 15-20 goals this season , i think the biggest thing is that he stays fit if he does he should get a lot of chances with the creative players around him . A fit Andy Carroll can lead the line for both Liverpool and England and is a handfull for any defence .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 7:31 pm

15+ goals and around 5 assists in the League. Him and Suarez together should reach close to 40 goals between them.

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 01 Aug 2011, 10:24 am

Staying out of prison

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 01 Aug 2011, 11:04 am

Given his price tag,15 goals or more should be his target.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Mon 01 Aug 2011, 4:53 pm

You'd be happy with him scoring 1:2??? That would be a phenomenal return.......I think it has more to do with how quickly Liverpool’s wide men will settle into the task of putting quality into the box for him.

Lets not forget that Premiership defenders will have had a chance to work him out a bit too with many of them having a taster last season.

Personally I think you'll get between 10-12 league goals out of him this year.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 02 Aug 2011, 7:36 pm

I think if he stays fully fit he should be looking at around 17+ goals with around 15 coming in the league

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:35 pm

Playing 20 matches.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:38 pm

Staying injury free would be a start, his partnership with Suarez could be electric.

Just out of interest what do you Liverpool fans think your fully fit strongest XI will be?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:55 pm

Depends on anymore signings but my starting XI would be

Reina

Kelly Carragher Skrtel Johnson

Gerrard Lucas Adam

Downing Carroll Suarez

with subs Henderson , Agger , Flannigan , Kuyt , Meireles , Maxi and Doni
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:56 pm

£20m on a sub and Maxi, Meireles and Kuyt not starting, thats interesting. Thought those three had a good season all in all

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:08 pm

I think Henderson will not be part of our strongest eleven, he's only young so that isn't a huge problem IMO.

Maxi had a good ending month that was it really, he hasn't had the best of careers and if it wasn't for his excellent form and the fact he's mates with Suarez, I'd say we should cash in on him now.

I expect Kuyt to take much more of a back seat role from now on, age is catching up to him and despite his energy and work ethic we have players who are younger and have more ability than him now.

I would agree with Kenny's suggested formation but with Agger instead of Skrtel, despite the fact that Skrtel had a good year last year playing every game, when Agger is fit he HAS to start because he is so clearly our best centre back and if we don't play him it'll be even harder for him to ever regain full fitness.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:12 pm

Bathite wrote:£20m on a sub and Maxi, Meireles and Kuyt not starting, thats interesting. Thought those three had a good season all in all

They did have good seasons but you cant pick everyone , as for Henderson for me its him or Lucas (with Adam in the middle if Lucas doesn't play ) i think the team will change and so will the system 4 4 2 , 4 3 3 , 3 5 2 depending on the opposition .

Good we have options imo , just need another striker and a lb & ch . fans we are never happy are we .

Agree with Leak about Agger he just doesn't stay fit enough for me . Hope the rumour about Scott Dann is true .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:47 pm

At £35 000 000, 15 -20 goals should be the bare minimum.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down