The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Channel Five viewing figures for Friday

+6
coxy0001
BALTIMORA
eddyfightfan
Rowley
Valero's Conscience
Daz
10 posters

Go down

Channel Five viewing figures for Friday Empty Channel Five viewing figures for Friday

Post by Daz Mon 25 Jul 2011, 4:37 pm

Just read on BBC sports update that 3 million tuned in for the Fury/Chisora fight.

Pretty good numbers considering there was no marketing (or I missed it).

Hopefully there were testing the numbers and this exceeds what they were expecting. We need more boxing on terrestrial. Fingers crossed we get it now albeit on 5.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Channel Five viewing figures for Friday Empty Re: Channel Five viewing figures for Friday

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 25 Jul 2011, 4:43 pm

That's a brilliant figure for as you said a fight with little to no marketing (I didn't see a single promotional effort made for the fight).

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Channel Five viewing figures for Friday Empty Re: Channel Five viewing figures for Friday

Post by Rowley Mon 25 Jul 2011, 4:45 pm

Great news, this is one of the most frustrating things about terrestrial TV ignoring boxing, according to all reports it has always delivered decent figures for the cost and time it goes out, here's hoping this will lead to a genuine commitment from the terrestrial Tv companies but will not hold my breath as we have had false dawns before

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 25 Jul 2011, 4:46 pm

i read 2.3 million, but not from a reliable sorce like the bbc. i didnt know channel 5 and primetime are owned by the same man. as well as ok magizine

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 25 Jul 2011, 4:48 pm

3 million? That's impressive.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 25 Jul 2011, 4:51 pm

Who would've thought there's 2.5m gypsys living in this country with access to a TV....

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 25 Jul 2011, 4:57 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Who would've thought there's 2.5m gypsys living in this country with access to a TV....

Dunno why you're so surprised coxy. I imagine that they have access to a lot of TVs. Yours for example, mine...pretty much everyone's...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 25 Jul 2011, 5:08 pm

they all bought one so they could tune in to my big fat gypsy wedding

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 25 Jul 2011, 7:30 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:i read 2.3 million, but not from a reliable sorce like the bbc. i didnt know channel 5 and primetime are owned by the same man. as well as ok magizine

Nor me, wondered why they were advertising the khan fight a lot.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 25 Jul 2011, 9:06 pm

Apparently it was the best numbers Ch 5 pulled all week I believeI am correct in saying? This means surely more boxing at decent times!!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon 25 Jul 2011, 9:36 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:i read 2.3 million, but not from a reliable sorce like the bbc. i didnt know channel 5 and primetime are owned by the same man. as well as ok magizine

Didn't know that. Good news I suppose - more terrestrial TV coverage can only be a good thing. Maybe he was hoping for a few more Primetime buys via the Fury/Chisora advertising.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:10 am

coxy0001 wrote:Who would've thought there's 2.5m gypsys living in this country with access to a TV....

Good times for Gipsy's given the high price of commodities. Just this morning BBC Breakfast did a report on the disappearance of drain covers (the grid type). Luton lost 70 in one night the other day.

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:28 am

razzaq wrote:Luton lost 70 in one night the other day.

You'd have been better off just saying 'the other night'.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down