The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manny Pacquiao Large Skeleton Theory - Interesting Read

+11
John Bloody Wayne
Sir. badgerhands
Imperial Ghosty
BALTIMORA
azania
coxy0001
Rowley
D4thincarnation
Scottrf
HumanWindmill
Sugar Boy Sweetie
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Manny Pacquiao Large Skeleton Theory - Interesting Read Empty Manny Pacquiao Large Skeleton Theory - Interesting Read

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 17 Mar 2011, 2:40 pm

Hi guys. I found this piece of research online for anyone interests in a bit of sports science and human biology related to boxing. basically it's a study into the skeletal size of a fighter benefiting their ability to move up in weight, and also their stamina, as well as calculating their optimum fighting weight. 

For those that can't be bothered to read it, essentially it's a correlation of height, weight and wrist size - which is indicative of average bone size in orthopaedic studies. The bigger the skeleton, the less soft tissue mass the fighter has to put on when moving up. Also, as red blood cells are released via bone marrow, bigger bones equate to better stamina. The research shows that the optimum fighting weight for RJJ would have been 169lbs, JMM 131lbs, FMJ 146lbs. Interestingly manny pacquiao has exceptionally large wrists for a man his size - 8 inches - indicating a very large skeletal mass, hence his ability to move through the weights. His optimal fighting weight is calculated as 150lbs. 

It's an interesting read. The power point slide he refers to is just text here as I've copied & pasted it on my phone. 
-----------------------------

The first goal of this little study was to look at some physical characteristics of fighters - specifically height, weight, and wrist size - and check if these three characteristics could indicate how likely it would be for a fighter to have a good chin and stamina. My interest in this is that in most pre-fight writings, fighters are usually given some type of score or grade on these two attributes in addition to others like punching power, experience, etc. In all cases these ratings are given based on the writer's perception of such attributes in previous fights, so I wanted to check if there was a more objective way to assign some of these ratings. Now why did I decide to focus on the combined attribute of chin + stamina, and why am I using height, weight, and wrist as my predictors? Well, the answer lies in the available data (which as it is, unfortunately, is limited), and more importantly, in some aspects of human physiology which I will describe shortly.

The second goal is related to my first goal in the sense that it looks at the same physical characteristics, however, here I was interested in figuring out how big or small Manny Pacquiao really is compared to other fighters, and whether or not there is anything in particular about his physical characteristics that would allow him to move up in weight in such an explosive manner. The reason for this second goal is that in boxing it is pretty much mandatory before every fight to read about which fighter has the size advantage prior to each fight. People usually look at things like which fighter is taller, who has a longer reach, who is the "naturally bigger man," which, at least from what I have seen, to most people means who has fought at a heavier weight for longer and simply looks bigger at the photo-ops. These types of comparisons are particularly prevalent before every Manny Pacquiao fight, who for the past three years has made a habit of not just beating but completely destroying opponents that appear to be too big for a man of his size. In addition to the comparisons already mentioned, to a lesser degree, other measurements like size of biceps, chest, thighs, or neck, among others, are also used to highlight the physical differences between two fighters. The wrist size is at times found on this extended list, but even when it does, most of the time it goes without much fanfare, at least to my impression.

Having stated the goals I had in mind when I started looking into these measurements, I think it is now time to explain why my interest in wrist size. In bone literature it has been shown that in males the wrist size is positively correlated with skeletal frame, as well as bone density and mineral content, which in short means, bigger wrists equals bigger bones. For fighters fighting at a given weight class what this means is that if both fighters weigh say 160lbs, the percentage of that weight that is made up of bone in proportion to soft tissue (skin, muscle, fat, blood, organs, etc) will be more for the guy with bigger bones.

So what does having bigger bones mean to a fighter and how does this relate to my goals? Well, I can think of three basic advantages: 1) Bigger bones in theory should give a fighter a better chance to take a punch, in the same manner a house with strong foundations is harder to bring down than one with weaker ones. 2) An athlete's stamina is highly dependent on the content of red blood cells in the blood since these cells are responsible for transporting oxygen from the lungs to every other organ/tissue in the body. Red blood cells are made in the bone marrow, so bigger and denser bones should mean more available red blood cells, and more red blood cells, better stamina. 3) The bigger the skeleton, the more weight a fighter can put on such skeleton, which should allow him to move up in weight more easily. The caveat for this third point, is that higher muscle content means higher demand for red blood cells, which will decrease your stamina, so it is a bit of a balancing act. If a fighter grows too big his stamina will probably be affected even if he has a really big skeleton; this is somewhat evident in the heavyweights, who generally tend to fight at a less intense pace than smaller fighters.

I collected data available online from fighter's tales of the tape and recorded a fighter's height and wrist size. For weight it is a bit more complicated since most fighters have campaigned in more than one division, so I used the weight from the weight class were said fighter was perceived to be at his peak; for example, in Pacquiao's case I used 147. For fighters in the heavy weight class where there is no standard weight, I used the average weight of several fights. The first figure in the power point slide shows each individual fighter based on their height (x-axis), wrist size (y-axis), and weight class (color and marker). The second figure shows the average height and wrist size for each weight class. Notice the near linear pattern (you can also see this with the individual data points although not as clear). Here are the avg results for each group:

Class Height Wrist
Heavyweight 75.31 7.69
Super Middle/Light Heavy 72.38 7.31
Jr/Welterweight 68.81 7.09
Super/Featherweight66.1 6.35

Ok so the biggest problem so far is how accurate are the measurements, since who knows how they are taken for the tales of the tape. I did find some inconsistencies (if I recall correctly about 4 fighters out of all checked), but they were always for the height. Since luckily for me the height is always reported I looked at several of them and took the one most reported (in general only about 1 or 2 of the pre-fight reports had an odd measurement compared to the rest).

Having all my data the first thing I did was do a regression analysis using only the height and wrist size, in which the height was used as a predictor for the wrist size. This test showed a statistical significant result, meaning that as height increases so does the wrist size (which I must say is not surprising). The actual equation for this was wrist = 0.935 + height * 0.088. What this means is that someone who is, for example, say 68in (5ft 8in) should have a 6.9in wrist. To check for accuracy, I looked at the data reported in a study from a bone journal, in this study the participants had a reported avg wrist size of 7.17in, with an avg height of 70.6 in. Using the equation I just mentioned above, the expected wrist size of someone who is 70.6in should be 7.15in. What this suggests to me is that the reported heights and wrist dimensions from fighters are actually accurate enough, and that the actual dimensions of the fighters do fall within the average dimensions of a regular population. Now lets look at some fighters: for example, Mayweather is right on target (5ft 8in, 7in wrist), Wlad Klitschko has a wrist a bit smaller than what his height would suggest (should be 7.8in instead of 7.5in), while Hatton is a bit higher (should be 6.8in instead of 7in). Variation is a certainty in everything, so again, it is no big surprise that some fighters are above average while some are below average. Where things get interesting is in the extreme cases, and among these fighters there is no bigger extreme than Pacquiao. The man has 8in wrists, which is higher than the wrist average for heavyweights. When you consider he is only 66.5in tall (just over the superfeatherweight avg height) it feels even more impressive. While I was not thinking of this at the start of this little project, something caught my eye as I looked at the data. One of the things that has characterized Pacquiao during the past two or three years is his ability to punch extremely hard for someone his size against seemingly bigger foes. Well, two fighters among those I checked who also were recognized for their power and who also have 8in wrists with much smaller height than their wrist size would suggest are Joe Louis, 74in height, 8in wrists (should be 7.45in) and Mike Tyson, 71.5in height, 8in wrists (should be 7.23in). I'm assuming it is not necessary to highlight that both Louis and Tyson fought at the heavyweight class.

So far I've only looked at height and wrist together. Now we all know weight is a crucial element in boxing, it is the way to ensure that fighters fight against someone their own size and don't get unfair advantages. What I did next was I used both height and wrist size as my input variables, and the weight of each fighter as the outcome variable and again did a regression analysis. Again the result was statistically significant, meaning that indeed height and wrist can predict the weight of a fighter. The equation this time was weight = -469.47+(7.523*height)+(14.874*wrist). I again compared this outcome to the one reported in the bone study I mentioned before. So again using a height of 70.6in and wrist of 7.15in, the expected weight should be 168lbs. The actual average weight for the participants in that study was 178lbs, so my estimate is off by 10lbs, but if we take into account that most fighters typically fight lighter than their actual walking weight then I'd say the result is probably not to far off since the equation was built using official fighting weights. Using the same approach I did before, again I found that some fighters fight at around their expected weight, some fight lighter than they should (meaning they probably really kill themselves to make weight), while some actually fight heavier than what you'd expect given their height and wrist size (this was the case for almost every heavyweight). Something to take note of, is that if you add 10lbs to the expected weight of a heavyweight then most of the heavyweights included here fight right around their target. This makes sense if one assumes a heavyweight doesn't need to drain himself to make weight and fights at a weight closer to walking weight (assuming they stay in shape between fights).

Having this information in hand I looked at some particular cases. The two men that sit at the top of every p4p list right now are Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Floyd has always looked nearly unbeatable at 147lbs and Pacquiao certainly does as well since he moved into the division. So what are their expected weights: 146lbs for Floyd, 150lbs for Pac. Some other interesting cases:

Marquez has always looked in top form and at his best except when he fought Floyd as a welterweight. Even at lightweight many think he is already pushing his limit, well, according to my calculations his fighting weight should be 131lbs, just around the weight where he gave Pacquiao hell in their second fight and defeated Barrera. Pacquiao is ½ inch shorter than Marquez yet he was able to move up in weight while Marquez could not. Many people have used this argument to suggest something improper on the part of Pacquiao; what they miss is that Pacquiao's wrists are 8in while Marquez's are only 6.5in, giving Pacquiao an overall much bigger skeleton. This highlights why a great fighter like Pacquiao can easily adapt to a much higher weight without losing any speed, power, or chin, while another great fighter like Marquez can't, event though both have very similar heights.

Another interesting fighter is Margarito, he always seemed huge for a welterweight, and prior to his defeat against Mosley there were reports that he looked awful in camp and struggled to make weight (Margarito claims that was the reason he looked so bad in that fight). Since then he's moved up in weight, and against Manny, even though he made the catchweight of 150lbs, come fight night he was close to the super middleweight limit. Well, his estimated weight is 176lbs, since he has decent height (71in, and bigger than avg wrists 7.5in). Margarito is someone who certainly benefited from having really big bones in a division that should be too small for his frame size, which might explain why his iron chin took so damn long to get cracked. Another place where this advantage would show itself, assuming he made weight in a safe manner (meaning he did not just drain himself like he did for the Mosely fight), is in the stamina department, with proportionally more bone (+red blood cells) than muscles (less demand for red blood cells) compared to every other fighter in the division.

Cotto cemented his name in the 147lbs division, but since then has moved to the 154lbs division claiming the title there, which he successfully defended this past weekend. His estimated weight: 154lbs.

Roy Jones Jr., one of the best fighters of the last 20yrs, campaigned and had success at several divisions. Many have claimed he is the best 168lbs fighter ever. His optimal weight: 169lbs.

The point I hope is becoming evident is that "how big" a fighter is should not be based solely on height (which in many occasions is what happens). Referring specifically to the case of Pacquiao, Nazeem Richardson said it best: "The best trick Pacquiao has pulled is making you believe he is smaller than you are" (I'm paraphrasing). Sure the man is short compared to most if not all top fighters in the 147lb division, but if you were to look at x-rays of every fighter in the division, I'd put money down that he has the biggest skeleton in the division (in overall bone volume) with the exception of Margarito if he were to go back to 147lbs.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Manny Pacquiao Large Skeleton Theory - Interesting Read Empty Re: Manny Pacquiao Large Skeleton Theory - Interesting Read

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 17 Mar 2011, 2:51 pm

That was absolutely fascinating, Sugar Boy.

I'm going to do a little research myself based on these findings, the reason being that I've always made the point that Dempsey, though an inch shorter than Holyfield, was BIGGER, in many statistics, than was Holy - ankle, fist, etc., - my point being that if Holy could bulk up to take on men such as Bowe and Lewis, then so, too, could Dempsey.

Thanks for sharing.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Manny Pacquiao Large Skeleton Theory - Interesting Read Empty Re: Manny Pacquiao Large Skeleton Theory - Interesting Read

Post by Scottrf Thu 17 Mar 2011, 2:54 pm

I'll probably read it all later, but interesting to note, that at 130lbs against Morales(III) he came in at 144 (Morales 139), against Margarito at 150 only 148 (vs 165) four years later, so doesn't seem like he has much more to put on. When he first fought Marquez he was 137 on the night (2004), only 1 pound higher than Marquez. So I think he is small for a Welter, same as Floyd who was never been a massive drainer. Definately hasn't put on massive gains which some people suggest as evidence of something sinister.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 17 Mar 2011, 2:58 pm

Yeah I did a little research into this topic a year or two ago, when I was going for the perfect body.

I'm a bit like Pacquiao my wrist are a bigger than the rest of my dimensions of my body according to this theory. I suppose they are always exceptions to the rule.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 17 Mar 2011, 2:59 pm

Given how often you think of Manny and how excitable you get D4 is perhaps inevitable your wrists are big for your body

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:01 pm

rowley wrote:Given how often you think of Manny and how excitable you get D4 is perhaps inevitable your wrists are big for your body

Callouses on the fingers, too.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:05 pm

rowley wrote:Given how often you think of Manny and how excitable you get D4 is perhaps inevitable your wrists are big for your body

I do have very strong grip strength, and train my hands regularly, but I have injured my wrist a few times.

http://www.ukfitnesssupplies.co.uk/productlist.asp?a=resetsearch&catid=189&RootCatID=89&gclid=CI_hvczv1acCFcJP4QodTFPJ9A

All good gear for improving hand grip and wrist strength

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:09 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

I do have very strong grip strength, and train my hands regularly, but I have injured my wrist a few times.

http://www.ukfitnesssupplies.co.uk/productlist.asp?a=resetsearch&catid=189&RootCatID=89&gclid=CI_hvczv1acCFcJP4QodTFPJ9A

Ha !

D4, you are a great sport, and I truly believe that if you were in a plummeting aeroplane your calm demeanour would remain unaltered while all around you were screaming.

Fair play to you.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:13 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Ha !

D4, you are a great sport, and I truly believe that if you were in a plummeting aeroplane your calm demeanour would remain unaltered while all around you were screaming.

Fair play to you.
Never mind his wrists, it's his eyesight I'd be more concerned about.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:15 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Ha !

Fair play to you.
Never mind his wrists, it's his eyesight I'd be more concerned about.

Come on, Dave. Love is blind, doncha know ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:16 pm

Didn't realise it was also bloody stupid though, Windy!

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:21 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Didn't realise it was also bloody stupid though, Windy!

Cue Burl Ives :

" Love, oh love what careless love
Love, oh love, etc.................."

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:27 pm

Pacquiao is built for boxing, his wrist, calves forearms, all a lot bigger than his peer and all contribute to power.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:28 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Pacquiao is built for boxing, his wrist, calves forearms, all a lot bigger than his peer and all contribute to power.
What a physique. heart

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:30 pm

It is, small waist and small chest and he can put all the weight where it is needed, calves and foreman. Physically it would be hard to design a better boxer.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:32 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:It is, small waist and small chest and he can put all the weight where it is needed, calves and foreman. Physically it would be hard to design a better boxer.
It would also be hard to design a bigger nuthugger kiss

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:35 pm

Love is like a butterfly
As soft and gentle as a sigh
The multicolored moods of love are like its satin wings
Love makes your heart feel strange inside
It flutters like soft wings in flight
Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:37 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:It is, small waist and small chest and he can put all the weight where it is needed, calves and foreman. Physically it would be hard to design a better boxer.

He says as he sprays himself all over his room

http://yfrog.com/45erqhw920913j

And having a small wrist in no way shape or form defines wrist strength. Tiger Woods @ 18 was skinny yet could maintain the most incredible angles and hit out the thickest stuff without wrecking his wrists. The strength comes from the forearms

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:39 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Pacquiao is built for boxing, his wrist, calves forearms, all a lot bigger than his peer and all contribute to power.

This is true. I noticed when doing a preview thread of manny v Cotto that manny has enormous calves compared to his opponents, usually about 3 inches bigger. Not only is this an aid to power, but also to his endurance in a sport that requires leg mobility and footwork. Also, despite having a smaller chest than his opponents above 140 I noticed his expanded chest is always considerably bigger. This suggests greater lung capacity and as such better stamina. This wrist theory adds further to the notion that despite being short his physical dimensions are such that he is able to add muscle to his frame and carry speed, power and stamina upwards. He was a smal fighter when in poverty and not fully grown, but now it seems he is maximising his physical potential. This theory also explains why apparently similar sized fighters like Marquez have not been able to do the same.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:40 pm

Check out Pacquiao forearms then, they are huge.

I've got big forearms myself compared to my biceps. I think this ratio affects power.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:40 pm

Dont forget the diet, 'nutrition' Manny injests and the modern training techniques. If Manny were around yesteryear, he'd be a flyweight feasting on a diet of bread and dripping.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:41 pm

rowley wrote:Love is like a butterfly
As soft and gentle as a sigh
The multicolored moods of love are like its satin wings
Love makes your heart feel strange inside
It flutters like soft wings in flight
Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing

I've got one

D4 has a Pacquiao obsession
Although he'd never make that confession
He knocks one off over Manny, all day and night
He's already lost his sanity lets hope he loses his sight

Poetic i'm not

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:41 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Check out Pacquiao forearms then, they are huge.

I've got big forearms myself compared to my biceps. I think this ratio affects power.

Freak

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:42 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:

This is true. I noticed when doing a preview thread of manny v Cotto that manny has enormous calves compared to his opponents, usually about 3 inches bigger. Not only is this an aid to power, but also to his endurance in a sport that requires leg mobility and footwork. Also, despite having a smaller chest than his opponents above 140 I noticed his expanded chest is always considerably bigger. This suggests greater lung capacity and as such better stamina. This wrist theory adds further to the notion that despite being short his physical dimensions are such that he is able to add muscle to his frame and carry speed, power and stamina upwards. He was a smal fighter when in poverty and not fully grown, but now it seems he is maximising his physical potential. This theory also explains why apparently similar sized fighters like Marquez have not been able to do the same.

He adds muscle in the right places, so it adds to his power but does not slow him down.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:44 pm

azania wrote:Dont forget the diet, 'nutrition' Manny injests and the modern training techniques. If Manny were around yesteryear, he'd be a flyweight feasting on a diet of bread and dripping.

Manny grew up in a poverty stricken area of the Philippines and was malnourished in his younger years but still was blessed with many physical attributes ideal for boxing.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:47 pm

And SBS - you've disgraced yourself with a Pacquiao article! Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:47 pm

I've got big forearms myself compared to my biceps.
Who the **** are you, Popeye?

Can I just add....the next time anyone posts an article which allows D4 to indulge in his masturbatory Manny fantasies whilst blathering on about how he is also a work of physical perfection, I will hunt you down and remove your eyes with a pencil.

I thank you for your attention!

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:50 pm

Stands to reason that there's more to it than simple height and reach. Paul Williams compares favourably to anyone up to heavyweight in terms of height and reach, but if he added about fifty pounds he'd just be a fat middleweight, and then it'd be lights out... Wink

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:57 pm

coxy0001 wrote:And SBS - you've disgraced yourself with a Pacquiao article! Wink

Apologies coxy, i try not to write articles about you know who or you know as my article list suggests! I knew D4 would be all over this like fur on a monkey, but thought it was an interesting enough piece to risk it. I'll try to give it a few months before I disgrace myself again...
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:00 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:And SBS - you've disgraced yourself with a Pacquiao article! Wink

Apologies coxy, i try not to write articles about you know who or you know as my article list suggests! I knew D4 would be all over this like fur on a monkey, but thought it was an interesting enough piece to risk it. I'll try to give it a few months before I disgrace myself again...

No need to apoligise it is an interesting topic, and just show that Pacquiao is a natural phenomenon, and told us what were already now that Marquez had no business fighting at welter.

I do think there are other factors as well, but the theory is a very good indicator on natural size.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:09 pm

and just show that Pacquiao is a natural phenomenon
So are volcanos but no-one pleasures themselves over the mention of them as much as you do over Manny.

You don't find Volcanologists hijacking converstations about tidal waves either!

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:11 pm

DAVE667 wrote:and just show that Pacquiao is a natural phenomenon
So are volcanos but no-one pleasures themselves over the mention of them as much as you do over Manny.

You don't find Volcanologists hijacking converstations about tidal waves either!

I don't know what you are insinuating but I'm a fan of Pacquiao's boxing nothing else.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:13 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:and told us what were already now that Marquez had no business fighting at welter.

There it is !

A shimmy here, a sidestep there, a parry and a feint and he's done it. Mosley v Pacquiao is a great fight and Pacquiao v Marquez wouldn't draw flies.

Time to browse other threads, methinks.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:15 pm

Wait a second doesn't this go against everything i've ever been told... nope nope don't open that can of worms ghosty

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:17 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

I don't know what you are insinuating but I'm a fan of Pacquiao's boxing nothing else.
It's the LEVEL of appreciation that worries us, lad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:19 pm

***********************************************************************************************
I've often hung myself from a door handle with my belt while cracking one out to pictures of Stromboli!!!

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:35 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:

***********************************************************************************************
I've often hung myself from a door handle with my belt while cracking one out to pictures of Stromboli!!!

Nothing beats getting 2 bits of Stromboli volcanic rock, putting them on the edge of a table a width of your dong apart and using them to "pleasure" yourself............!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:45 pm

Coxy you are a sick, sick man. That was genius. Least we know Marquez has no business fighting at 147 now though.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:48 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I've got big forearms myself compared to my biceps.
Who the **** are you, Popeye?

Hahah! Have we got a post of the day yet?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:49 pm

Ug-ug-ug-ug-ug!!!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 5:09 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Ug-ug-ug-ug-ug!!!
(sings)
If I had a fanny
I 'd have sex with Manny
I'm D4 the PacMan fan...(toot toot)

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 17 Mar 2011, 5:24 pm

I was going to do this via pms - but given that I have to send so many -

Lads, please grow up. D4 has done nothing on this thread and of the last 10 posts - 2 reference the subject at hand and are actually about boxing.

I am reasonably tolerant of banter - but this is unopposed and unprovoked.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 5:28 pm

I was going to do this via pms
....sounds more like PMT.

Right I promise, that's my last one on this thread!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 5:36 pm

Good thing about large skeletal frames is that guys like Marquez can hit them at will...

I'll bet 10-1 that Mayweather does too.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 5:56 pm

oxring wrote:I was going to do this via pms - but given that I have to send so many -

Lads, please grow up. D4 has done nothing on this thread and of the last 10 posts - 2 reference the subject at hand and are actually about boxing.

Who said i was joking about pleasurement via volcanic rocks?!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 6:05 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
oxring wrote:I was going to do this via pms - but given that I have to send so many -

Who said i was joking about pleasurement via volcanic rocks?!
So do you just rub it with a pumice stone then? Certainly take any hard skin off it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 8:38 pm

@Sugar Boy Sweetie

Really interesting article which which can possibly explain why certain fighters are able to move up through the weights effectively without compromising in speed, power, stamina & punch resistance. I want to look further into this but I dont know if I'm being a little thick, but bare with me

Class Height Wrist
Heavyweight 75.31 7.69

Are these stats height & wrist size respectively? If so from your equation wrist = 0.935 + height x 0.088 I make Heavyweight 6.70 not 7.69. Where have I gone wrong here or have you left something out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 17 Mar 2011, 9:08 pm

@ sohotnot - glad you enjoyed the article. The study was not done by me so I cant really comment as to why you're coming up with a different figure. But from the way I read the article the stats that you're referring to were not calculated with the formula, they are simply a divisional average that the researcher established by collating the physical stars of various fighters from each division. There was a more detailed power point slide showing how he then used these averages to calculate the formula, but I couldn't copy it.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 17 Mar 2011, 9:22 pm

sohotnot wrote:@Sugar Boy Sweetie

Really interesting article which which can possibly explain why certain fighters are able to move up through the weights effectively without compromising in speed, power, stamina & punch resistance. I want to look further into this but I dont know if I'm being a little thick, but bare with me

Class Height Wrist
Heavyweight 75.31 7.69

Are these stats height & wrist size respectively? If so from your equation wrist = 0.935 + height x 0.088 I make Heavyweight 6.70 not 7.69. Where have I gone wrong here or have you left something out?

What are your stats?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 17 Mar 2011, 9:38 pm

@ sohotnot - just quickly done the calculation using the average stats collated. I make the average heavyweight wrist size 7.56".

0.935 + 75.3 (the average HW height) x 0.088 = 7.5614

As I said before the stats you were referring to were merely averages collated from pre fight tales of the tape, the weren't calculated with the formula.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next