The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Roby is top class hooker says Royce simmons

3 posters

Go down

James Roby is top class hooker says Royce simmons Empty James Roby is top class hooker says Royce simmons

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:18 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sport-front-page/2011/07/19/james-roby-is-as-good-as-any-hooker-in-the-world-115875-23280782
Its just a shame he didn't give it a go in the NRL when there was rumours NRL clubs were after him.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

James Roby is top class hooker says Royce simmons Empty Re: James Roby is top class hooker says Royce simmons

Post by Kenny Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:54 pm

I thought Roby would how suited Nrl and done well , still could go for a season or 2 i know hes under contract but would St's stand in his way .

Bit of a change of subject

Do you think Rfl should try and come to some sort of agreement with Nrl so young players can exchange for 1 - 2 seasons to gain experience and different training techniques .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

James Roby is top class hooker says Royce simmons Empty Re: James Roby is top class hooker says Royce simmons

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:07 pm

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:I thought Roby would how suited Nrl and done well , still could go for a season or 2 i know hes under contract but would St's stand in his way .

Bit of a change of subject

Do you think Rfl should try and come to some sort of agreement with Nrl so young players can exchange for 1 - 2 seasons to gain experience and different training techniques .
I would like to see our best dozen or so Academy players having a pre and full season at some NRL clubs. of course prior to them going the RFL and their clubs would have to sign them on something like 5 year contracts to stop them switching clubs or codes when they came back.
I can't see what young Aussie's would get in coming here, as in my opinion Aussie coaches are better than British coaches.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:51 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:[
I can't see what young Aussie's would get in coming here, as in my opinion Aussie coaches are better than British coaches.

Aussie coaches in general are better but do think young Aussies could gain from the different culture / conditions . Granted our young talent would get the best of the deal .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:50 am

king Kenny
No way should we (auckland Warriors) be put in the position of having to take under 20 s player from Australia let alone the UK.
As it stands we dont have enoughspaces for all the young New Zealanders as it is, Most of the NRL clubs have young New Zealanders playing and learning the game in the Toyota cup competition. if they went to the UK do you think we'd ever see them back?Look at NZ rugby union players playing in the UK......... Next time we'd see them they'd have a white kersey on ....

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:45 pm

I wasnt suggesting the clubs pay for the players , i was suggesting a joint venture between the RFL and NRL in a effort to give young players a chance to experience different training techniques and lifestyles .

Like George said previously parent clubs would need to put contracts in place to safeguard themselves . Maybe even a season long loan system .

Your point about most NRL clubs having young NZ players playing in the Toyota cup this is obviously helping their developement which in turn benefits the NZ test squad , i was suggesting a similar benefit to our international side.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down