The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found this interesting article the other day on Holmes v Ali

+2
TRUSSMAN66
Steffan
6 posters

Go down

Found this interesting article the other day on Holmes v Ali Empty Found this interesting article the other day on Holmes v Ali

Post by Steffan Thu 16 Jun 2011, 2:26 pm

"Muhammad Ali was well past his prime when he faced Larry Holmes, who was at his absolute best for this fight. Ali was a great fighter during his Prime (1965-68) which was cut short by dirty politics. By the time of the fight, Oct 1980, Ali was already old.

If Ali had any weaknesses, it was the fact that he was much too trusting of those around him, many of whom were very self-serving and should be dragged into a vacant field and shot.

Angelo Dundee was outnumbered by these phonies, who called themselves Muslims but knew nothing about True Islam. Ali was the only one who actually practiced the True religion.

Ali, unwisely, took the advise of a physician-friend of Herb Muhammad, Ali's manager and son of Elijah Muhammad, the founder of the Nation of Islam in the US. Because Ali trusted Herb, he trusted his physician who gave him a drug called Thyular. Thyular is used for people with Thyroid problems, something Ali didn't have. It causes weight loss. However, if you're an athlete, it would cause you to become dehydrated.

Ali was very sick days before the fight. If you see the fight you will see that he didn't sweat during the first five rounds. Even Fully dressed people in the press row will sweat. How on Earth can a fighter be in the ring and not sweat and no one can see that something is wrong!!!??

Answer: Money.

Dundee didn't want to go through with the fight but too many people stood to gain. Neither Herb nor Don King would consider postponing the fight. After one round, Ali had nothing.

Knowing fighters, and giving Holmes all due credit, even an out of shape Ali would be able to ward off enough of Larry's offense to score enough to lose by decision. Only his tremendous heart and will took him that far. He would have gone further had it not been for Dundee who had seen enough.

Bundini Brown, who should be rotting in Hell, pleaded with Dundee for "one more round" but Dundee, who never really cared for this phony leech, exclaimed "No, No, F--k you!! I'm the chief second. I stop the fight!".........

Holmes actually held back after the middle rounds because he could also see that Ali was definitely not the same man who had taught him to box when he served as Ali's sparring partner.

The two, besides Ali, whom I had the most sympathy for were Dundee, who had been with Ali from the beginning, and Holmes, who was in a "no win" situation. I have always respected Ali for not being the "Ingrate" that most fighters are today, dropping a trainer the moment things don't go well.

Many times, the phonies around Ali tried to talk him into getting rid of Dundee but Ali would never allow any of them to bother or question Angelo"

Regards

Steffan

Last edited by Steffan on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Found this interesting article the other day on Holmes v Ali Empty Re: Found this interesting article the other day on Holmes v Ali

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 8:15 pm

Bundini Brown rotting in hell??? That is bit harsh..He was like a father to Ali and like a lot of fathers couldn't bear to his Son beat!!! Watch Hilton vs Hines...same thing happened with Dave sr...

Ali had the onset of parkinsons in my opinion by the start of the fight..listen to his slurred speech in the documentary..

All great fighters have hangers on and leeches...best not to insult the whole of Islam by some scumbags..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Found this interesting article the other day on Holmes v Ali Empty Re: Found this interesting article the other day on Holmes v Ali

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 16 Jun 2011, 8:19 pm

What absolute garbage. Many top sportsmen have the hangers on, and Ali was certainly not without them, but to suggest that Bundini Brown should be rotting in hell is just disgusting, he played a huge part in Ali's career. He did go on to long, and for what reasons could be debated until the end of time, but the way that has been written is just completely wrong.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 16 Jun 2011, 9:01 pm

Well dont blame me I just copied and saved it a few weeks back and only now am posting it. Its only the writers opinion anyway. I have no indepth knowledge of Bundini Brown or Alis entourage at the time so cant comment

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 16 Jun 2011, 9:05 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:What absolute garbage. Many top sportsmen have the hangers on, and Ali was certainly not without them, but to suggest that Bundini Brown should be rotting in hell is just disgusting, he played a huge part in Ali's career. He did go on to long, and for what reasons could be debated until the end of time, but the way that has been written is just completely wrong.

Threaten him with one bomb fists. Im sure Steffan will be broken after one bomb destroys Cleverly.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 16 Jun 2011, 9:16 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:What absolute garbage. Many top sportsmen have the hangers on, and Ali was certainly not without them, but to suggest that Bundini Brown should be rotting in hell is just disgusting, he played a huge part in Ali's career. He did go on to long, and for what reasons could be debated until the end of time, but the way that has been written is just completely wrong.

Threaten him with one bomb fists. Im sure Steffan will be broken after one bomb destroys Cleverly.

I didnt get that comment but im sure it would be funny if I did...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 17 Jun 2011, 1:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Bundini Brown rotting in hell??? That is bit harsh..He was like a father to Ali and like a lot of fathers couldn't bear to his Son beat!!! Watch Hilton vs Hines...same thing happened with Dave sr...

Ali had the onset of parkinsons in my opinion by the start of the fight..listen to his slurred speech in the documentary..

All great fighters have hangers on and leeches...best not to insult the whole of Islam by some scumbags..

The documentary is one of the saddest things I have ever watched. It is almost like Ali was a light, always bright, always shining yet in the documentary he seems to have faded completely. Really is horrible to watch.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfessor Albertus Lion V Fri 17 Jun 2011, 5:01 pm

Steffan wrote:"Muhammad Ali was well past his prime when he faced Larry Holmes, who was at his absolute best for this fight. Ali was a great fighter during his Prime (1965-68) which was cut short by dirty politics. By the time of the fight, Oct 1980, Ali was already old.

~ Dearie ol' me dear sir, have you no sense of honour and respect?

Posting puerile juvenile garbage is a bad enough sin, but to not attribute the garbage to those responsible for it's dissemination is a crime against humanity to beat all.

I dare say a grade school girl has more class in her ipod going for her and could at least find something honest and original to contribute.
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
Perfessor Albertus Lion V

https://www.606v2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 17 Jun 2011, 5:22 pm

Perfessor Albertus Lion V wrote:
Steffan wrote:"Muhammad Ali was well past his prime when he faced Larry Holmes, who was at his absolute best for this fight. Ali was a great fighter during his Prime (1965-68) which was cut short by dirty politics. By the time of the fight, Oct 1980, Ali was already old.

~ Dearie ol' me dear sir, have you no sense of honour and respect?

Posting puerile juvenile garbage is a bad enough sin, but to not attribute the garbage to those responsible for it's dissemination is a crime against humanity to beat all.

I dare say a grade school girl has more class in her ipod going for her and could at least find something honest and original to contribute.

I didnt write this stuff I just posted it. With idiotic responses like this I wish I hadnt. Hope your happy now...

Last edited by Steffan on Fri 17 Jun 2011, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jun 2011, 7:07 pm

davidemore is never happy.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down