The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Favourite Wimbledon Moments

2 posters

Go down

Your Favourite Wimbledon Moments Empty Your Favourite Wimbledon Moments

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2011, 12:46 am

In anticipation of Wimbledon I was looking through youtube (as you do) and I came across this clip, with some of the best moments in Wimbledon:
Youtube Click Here

With a little over one week to go, Wimbledon is almost upon us and the build up is starting.
So to get us in the mood, what are your favourite Wimbledon moments?

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite Wimbledon Moments Empty Re: Your Favourite Wimbledon Moments

Post by socal1976 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 4:57 am

I have to say my favorite was agassi winning his first grandslam at wimbeldon, early on he often would skip wimbeldon because they wouldn't let him wear the flashy clothes and it was probably the least likely of the grandslams for him to win. He had always before then had the reputation of being a grandslam underachiever.

Of course Federer Nadal, both in 07 and 08 where they played two of the best wimbeldon finals ever.

The gasquet-Roddick match a couple of years ago where Richard stormed back from 2 sets down hitting over 100 winners and I think 70 of them with the backhand up the line to beat Roddick who was a finalist the year before.

Boris Becker exploding onto the scene as the youngest ever grandslam champ, coming out of nowhere. Prior to the tournament I think he wasn't even ranked in the top 300 and he went on to win the whole thing. I mean could we imagine something like that happening today a 17 year old unranked player pouring it on to win it all, coming from absolute nowhere to the pinnacle.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:20 am

Forgot about Isner-Mahut that has to be up there as one of the great moments and if I was young enough to remember Borg and Mac 80 it would probably rank up there as well.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 11 Jun 2011, 1:08 pm

For me Ivanisevic winning in 2001. That was out of the norm as a wildcard and the way he played all the tournament, and especially in the final.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 1:13 pm

Yes, Ivanisevic was also a great moment considering how many times he finished as a bridesmaid at the tournament and it represented his only grandslam title. Goran should have really won more grandslams but had the misfortune of being in the same era as probably the greatest grass court player in the history of the game.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down