The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the best finisher in Europe

+11
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
User Name
Alessandro Ciambella
compelling and rich
Thomond
CFCNick
legendkillar
Fernando
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Crimey
fantantonio
15 posters

Go down

Who is the best finisher in Europe

Who is the best finisher in Europe Vote_lcap6%Who is the best finisher in Europe Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Who is the best finisher in Europe Vote_lcap0%Who is the best finisher in Europe Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is the best finisher in Europe Vote_lcap12%Who is the best finisher in Europe Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
Who is the best finisher in Europe Vote_lcap24%Who is the best finisher in Europe Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
Who is the best finisher in Europe Vote_lcap6%Who is the best finisher in Europe Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Who is the best finisher in Europe Vote_lcap0%Who is the best finisher in Europe Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who is the best finisher in Europe Vote_lcap18%Who is the best finisher in Europe Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who is the best finisher in Europe Vote_lcap28%Who is the best finisher in Europe Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 17

Who is the best finisher in Europe Empty Who is the best finisher in Europe

Post by fantantonio Fri 10 Jun 2011, 9:47 am

Simple, who would you put your mortgage on to score when presented with a goalscoring opportunity.

Obviously not everyone can go on the list so please reply with any other players if the player you want isn't listed.

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Who is the best finisher in Europe Empty Re: Who is the best finisher in Europe

Post by Crimey Fri 10 Jun 2011, 1:35 pm

I'm surprise Ibrahimovic isn't on the list. He's scored a load of goals no matter where he is.

I chose Eto'o, still think it's madness that Barca got rid of him. Even if I did just big up Ibra, I still think Eto'o is a better striker, certainly not Eto'o PLUS £30 million and Hleb on loan. I think if this poll was two years ago, Torres would have been my pick, but he injuries seem to have taken their toll.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fantantonio Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:00 pm

Where is everyone? This European forum is quieter than The Emirates

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:04 pm

Eto'o is far from the best finisher in Italy never mind the world.

He can put his foot through the ball granted but natural finishing!?!

Messi gets my nod.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:11 pm

Would you class as a better finisher than Eto'o in Italy then?

He's got an outstanding scoring record for Barca and Inter.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:21 pm

Di Natalie and Cavani.

Inzaghi is he is still about was a great natural finisher

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:24 pm

i went for other - filipo inzaghi , eduardo( pre arsenal) , van nistelrooy all forwards you put money on if put infront of the goal

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:13 pm

How Raul isn't on this list is baffling. He is still active and still scoring goals. The best finisher still playing.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:58 pm

The two best finishers are;

Ibrahimovic, he has won the league title in 8 straight years, 03-04 Ajax, 04-05 & 05-06 Juventus, 06-07, 07-08 & 08-09 Inter, 09-10 Barca and 10-11 Milan, and has scored 182 goals in 394 appearances

Falcao, hes's scored 73 goals in 2 seasons with Porto. He scored 17 goals in 14 games in the Europa League this season against teams like Besiktas, Sevilla, CSKA Moscow, Spartak Moscow, Villarreal and Braga. Has won the league once, Portuguese Cup twice and Europa League.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 10 Jun 2011, 6:03 pm

I don't think Ibrahimovic has done it when it really matters.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:44 am

no hernadez? i know he's not been around long but everytime he's been given a chance he's put it away. he's much more of a natural finisher than the likes of a torres, drogba, tevez. (who create alot through there physical attributes but also miss alot more)

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:46 am

also owen should still be up there, no where near as good as he used to be but give him a chance and he puts it away. owen, fowler, fat ronaldo and ole were some of the best finishers ive seen.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sat 11 Jun 2011, 8:43 pm

Where is Rossi!? Best forward in Europe. Time to come back to the Itallian motherland!!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sat 11 Jun 2011, 8:48 pm

I'm sorry, Torres!? How on earth is he on this list and not Rossi. We may as well put Tomas Brolin on this list. Torres would not even get into the Yeovil Town team this year. He is infuriatingly average at best. 50 million? Should of kept Sturidge and loaned Torres to Go Ahead Eagles.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2011, 10:41 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:I'm sorry, Torres!? How on earth is he on this list and not Rossi. We may as well put Tomas Brolin on this list. Torres would not even get into the Yeovil Town team this year. He is infuriatingly average at best. 50 million? Should of kept Sturidge and loaned Torres to Go Ahead Eagles.

Average at best? Bit over the top mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2011, 10:45 pm

Like Manning, I went for Falcao, the man is lethal!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:38 pm

When you consider his form before the injuries and compare it to now, there is nothing special about him anymore. 50million? Maybe after his first season at Liverpool. After the midway point of last season though? Even Elmander was more prolific that the Spaniard. Would I bet my mortgage on him to score 25 goals in all competitions next year? Not now, no!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:40 pm

Without doubt Falcao has look absolutely devastating at Porto but it would be interesting to see how well he does in one of the top leagues.

17 goals in 14 Europa League games is amazing by anyone's standard but until he does it at Champions League level and at a better league level then for me the jury is still out for me.

Afonso Alves and Mateja Kezman both had ridiculous strike rates at their respective Dutch clubs, which is of fairly equal standard as the Portuguese league, but both bombed in the Premier League.

That said only time will tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:49 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:When you consider his form before the injuries and compare it to now, there is nothing special about him anymore. 50million? Maybe after his first season at Liverpool. After the midway point of last season though? Even Elmander was more prolific that the Spaniard. Would I bet my mortgage on him to score 25 goals in all competitions next year? Not now, no!

Fair enough point I suppose to a degree but obviously his injuries have taken their toll. He's still a class finisher. You have waxed lyrical about Rossi but what about Alvaro Negredo? Surely he deserves equal praise bearing in mind he scored 20 league goals last season for Sevilla.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 12 Jun 2011, 8:14 am

Very true. Thank you for pointing this out. I did genuinely forget about him!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Sun 12 Jun 2011, 9:52 am

Jelavic

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:36 am

Who would I put my mortgage on converting a chance in front of goal?

Michael Owen.

He's not good enough to get in the United team because of his all round play, but he's the best finisher, certainly in England. Should still be in the England squad.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun 12 Jun 2011, 2:43 pm

FreekShow wrote:Without doubt Falcao has look absolutely devastating at Porto but it would be interesting to see how well he does in one of the top leagues.

17 goals in 14 Europa League games is amazing by anyone's standard but until he does it at Champions League level and at a better league level then for me the jury is still out for me.

Afonso Alves and Mateja Kezman both had ridiculous strike rates at their respective Dutch clubs, which is of fairly equal standard as the Portuguese league, but both bombed in the Premier League.

I don't think you can compare the Portuguese a Dutch leagues, they're 4 places apart on the UEFA Coefficient and the Dutch league is truly awful. The Portuguese league is much stronger than you give it credit for, yes there are weak teams but there is also a string group as there is in all leagues. Nearly all of the league have played in Europe at some point in the last ten years.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 12 Jun 2011, 2:52 pm

How can you put Rossi up with the best finishers when he completely bombed at United?

I went for Edison Cavani, would love to see him in the PL.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 12 Jun 2011, 3:00 pm

People say Shevchenko was a great finisher and he 'bombed out' at Chelsea. Right now, Rossi is one of the top forwards in Europe. Who cares what he did at United? Fact of the matter he is fantastico now!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 3:09 pm

Manning-to-Manningham wrote:
FreekShow wrote:Without doubt Falcao has look absolutely devastating at Porto but it would be interesting to see how well he does in one of the top leagues.

I don't think you can compare the Portuguese a Dutch leagues, they're 4 places apart on the UEFA Coefficient and the Dutch league is truly awful. The Portuguese league is much stronger than you give it credit for, yes there are weak teams but there is also a string group as there is in all leagues. Nearly all of the league have played in Europe at some point in the last ten years.

I don't think either league is of any decent standard. I have seen mid-table to lower league Portuguese matches and they easily fall into the awful bracket. I would take the Uefa Coefficient with a dose of salt. My team Liverpool are ranked the fifth in the overall team standings. Rangers are above Juventus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:24 pm

Juventus have been pretty dreadful since they got relegated and came back up though; probably because they're not fixing the results anymore! Wink I wouldn't say it would be too far fetched to expect Rangers to beat Juventus.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:12 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Would you class as a better finisher than Eto'o in Italy then?

Pato seems to have started well at Milan, not saying he's better than Eto now but he could become better

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:15 pm

braveheart101 wrote:
invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Would you class as a better finisher than Eto'o in Italy then?

Pato seems to have started well at Milan, not saying he's better than Eto now but he could become better

diego milito?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Mon 13 Jun 2011, 9:18 pm

Federico Macheda?
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 14 Jun 2011, 12:17 pm

Mario Gomez,Diego Milito, Radamel Falcao.

Besides the obvious Messi, Ronaldo and Etoo.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus wallace Tue 14 Jun 2011, 9:51 pm

voted for messi just now but if torres get his fitness and confidence back i would pick him

marcellus wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down