The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Italy vs South Africa November 19th

+11
Taylorman
mid_gen
majesticimperialman
Poorfour
Rory_Gallagher
uncle_nigel
LeinsterFan4life
formerly known as Sam
Geordie
Shifty
Rugby Fan
15 posters

Go down

Italy vs South Africa November 19th Empty Italy vs South Africa November 19th

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 15:54

Italy 20-18 South Africa. Full Time result

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Italy vs South Africa November 19th Empty Re: Italy vs South Africa November 19th

Post by Shifty Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 15:56

excellent Smile
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Italy vs South Africa November 19th Empty Re: Italy vs South Africa November 19th

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 16:00

Italy had a lineout maul try disallowed right at the end, for feet in touch, but the clock kept running down, so there were only 13 seconds left when the TMO finally ruled it out.

As it happens, Italy stole the resulting lineout, and kicked it out to win.

South Africa completely lacking in confidence. They butchered some early scoring chances and then froze as the game went on.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 16:09

Blimey South Africa are really in the doldrums!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 16:13

And proves a racist quota doesn't work!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 16:25

I got the kick-off time wrong on the England match, so started watching this one. You could see South Africa just losing confidence in each other. Regardless of quota restrictions, there were a lot of good players in Springbok jerseys, so I'd put more blame on the coaching.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 16:28

GeordieFalcon wrote:And proves a racist quota doesn't work!

Whilst they are bringing in more players from the ethnic majority it's not like they are leaving out big names to do it. The problem they have is that the squad has steadily lost the experienced players they'd been leaning on for several years and are now in trouble. The world cup may have been under par but not doing more to keep Meyer was a mistake.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 16:30

Until these racist quotas are done away with, it'll be a pleasure watching SA lose.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_nigel Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 16:54

SA will win their next game and get back on track.

uncle_nigel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 16:57

I feel for the SA fans like Biltong...my word, this must be hard to watch. On the other hand, I'm delighted for Italy.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 17:16

I'm taking a client to see Wales v South Africa. On today's evidence, neither side is in any shape to win. It could well be a case of least worst wins.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 17:26

Did not see the game but well done Italy.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by mid_gen Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 17:30

Crikey, well done Italy.

With Japan looking excellent and coming within a whisker of beating Wales at home the future of rugby is looking great.

mid_gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 18:20

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Until these racist quotas are done away with, it'll be a pleasure watching SA lose.

Yes they seemed to work for the first ninety years or so, not so effective any more huh?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 18:31

Taylorman wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:

Yes they seemed to work for the first ninety years or so, not so effective any more huh?
Two wrongs don't make a right. There were plenty of good black players getting onto the team on merit in recent years before the SARU/government decided to destroy SA rugby.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by mid_gen Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 18:37

Is SA rugby suffering through affirmative action?

Pretty sure the last few games I've seen is mostly white guys getting tinned with the occasional black guy scoring?

mid_gen

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 18:41

mid_gen wrote:Is SA rugby suffering through affirmative action?

Pretty sure the last few games I've seen is mostly white guys getting tinned with the occasional black guy scoring?
Their coach got the job because of his skin colour.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by rumpelstiltskindoh Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 20:09

Wish we had a quota system like that in Wales. Ours is more based on supporting a certain minimum number of the UTTERLY CR*P

rumpelstiltskindoh

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 22:50

Didn't see it - so genuinely, was that a great performance from Italy or a dreadful one from South Africa?
I know some might answer 'a bit of both'... but which interpretation swayed it mostly?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 19 Nov 2016 - 23:00

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:

Two wrongs don't make a right. There were plenty of good black players getting onto the team on merit in recent years before the SARU/government decided to destroy SA rugby.

That's true, two wrongs don't make a right, it's just about how many decades it takes to realise that. Don't see that going away in this one.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfball Sun 20 Nov 2016 - 6:21

A better coach both on the pitch and in navigating the politics of SA rugby can turn this team around. Most of my close rugby mates are SA and they just want a team that tries it's best and has the best players on the pitch. If quotas are required have them at under age level to expose selectors to more players, not at senior level where any handicap costs matches and ranking and puts SA rugby on a downward spiral.

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sun 20 Nov 2016 - 8:50

Thanks Italy... now I have to buy a new TV as my old one (bought it midway through the last world cup) had an unfortunaate accident... somehow it got a brick stuck in the screen.

@howdoyoucelebratetheazzurriinsecretwithoutgettingabeatinginsa

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2016 - 19:03

fa0019 wrote:Thanks Italy... now I have to buy a new TV as my old one (bought it midway through the last world cup) had an unfortunaate accident... somehow it got a brick stuck in the screen.

I'm sure you're not the only one that sees the silver lining in defeat.

It's a shame we don't have Italian posters on here. ahem.

Last edited by Munchkin on Sun 20 Nov 2016 - 19:09; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 20 Nov 2016 - 19:05

Munchkin wrote:
fa0019 wrote:Thanks Italy... now I have to buy a new TV as my old one (bought it midway through the last world cup) had an unfortunaate accident... somehow it got a brick stuck in the screen.

It's a shame we have Italian posters on here.

We've got a racist on the forums! Quick, call the mods! furious

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2016 - 19:09

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

It's a shame we have Italian posters on here.

We've got a racist on the forums! Quick, call the mods! furious

oops! Shocked

I will correct it before I'm banned Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sun 20 Nov 2016 - 19:14

I'm part Italian do I count? Well in that someone once told me I'm part Italian...jokes aside its my grandparents.

The above statement means I support Italy over Wales. Then again I'm going to quickly run out of grandparents soon if that's my policy Wink

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2016 - 19:44

fa0019 wrote:I'm part Italian do I count? Well in that someone once told me I'm part Italian...jokes aside its my grandparents.

The above statement means I support Italy over Wales. Then again I'm going to quickly run out of grandparents soon if that's my policy Wink

Well, normally it would count, but not so much in an Italy v Boks game Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down