The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RUMOUR: Haye vs Wilder signed for early 2017

+6
Mochyn du
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
Pedro147
AdamT
hazharrison
10 posters

Go down

RUMOUR: Haye vs Wilder signed for early 2017 Empty RUMOUR: Haye vs Wilder signed for early 2017

Post by hazharrison Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:10 pm

Who wins? Who do you want to win?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

RUMOUR: Haye vs Wilder signed for early 2017 Empty Re: RUMOUR: Haye vs Wilder signed for early 2017

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:14 pm

Not sure and Wilder.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

RUMOUR: Haye vs Wilder signed for early 2017 Empty Re: RUMOUR: Haye vs Wilder signed for early 2017

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:16 pm

Not sure what Haye has left. Both guys haven't fought the toughest guys ever.

If Haye was active this whole me, I would favour him.

If Haye is still as good as he was, I think he will win by mid round stoppage.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:16 pm

Haye wins, I want Haye to win. As much as Wilder has "improved", Haye's still a better fighter. Even at 35 he has far too much movement, speed, timing, power and experience for Wilder to handle.

Result - Haye loses, I feel sad (again)

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:18 pm

hazharrison wrote:Who wins? Who do you want to win?

What about you??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:19 pm

AdamT wrote:

What about you??
He asked you first...

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:20 pm

I answered.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:23 pm

Yeah but he doesn't have to answer...just as you didn't

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:24 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Yeah but he doesn't have to answer...just as you didn't

Who are you?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:32 pm

AdamT wrote:

Who are you?
Just think of me as a concerned citizen....citizen.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:34 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:

Who are you?

Are You Mr Haye??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:42 pm

AdamT wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:

Who are you?

Are You Mr Haye??
No, he's one good looking dude. I'm merely a starlove struck fanboy.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:45 pm

All joking aside, if Haye has anything left, I would definitely favour him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:49 pm

Who's joking?

Anyway, hope it IS more than just a rumour as I doubt we can put up with these Haye Day shoes for much longer. Maybe the fallout from his recent divorce has finally forced him to put pen to paper. Whatever the reason, I'm glad.

Still a fan, but getting weary and jaded by the procrastination and unfulfilled promises of "big" fights.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:52 pm

I think Haye has looked awful in his comeback. He's put on too much muscle for me and he's lost his speed advantage. Don't think Wilder is all that much but fancy him to beat Haye by KO within 6.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:52 pm

wilder isn't quite as bad as some make out, but Haye is a different league.

As you mention too fast and too sharp. Knockout by the halfway stage.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:54 pm

Hope that Haye stays in his Jacuzzi in case he injures a little toe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 4:19 pm

andygf wrote:Hope that Haye stays in his Jacuzzi in case he injures a little toe.
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAA...

....d!ckhead

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 22 Sep 2016, 4:50 pm

Obvious Haye would pick the road of least resistance....

He backed out of Fury....Bottled Wlad and knows Joshua kills him...

Come on Deontay get rid of him for good..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Sep 2016, 5:38 pm

You're right Truss.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 5:46 pm

AdamT wrote:You're right Truss.
No, he's not, having Wilder as champion is no better than having Haye. For all his flaws, if Haye was Champion then at least people would know about it. There are members of Wilder's own family who don't know he's a boxer let alone a HW belt holder!

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 22 Sep 2016, 5:51 pm

I mean he is right about Haye bottling fights with Fury and Aj putting a hole in his head.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 6:00 pm

AdamT wrote:I mean he is right about Haye bottling fights with Fury and Aj putting a hole in his head.
You mean the same way, Wlad pulled out of a fight with a back injury and a calf injury or like Fury who claimed he'd fight with one arm and one eye then pulled out of a fight with a foot "injury" that didn't prevent him from jumping around like a c*nt at the football a few days later? Yeah, that's ok then, as long as we're not just having a go at Haye for personal reasons and he's actually the only offender these accusations are leveled at.

Still think at this stage that AJ gets tagged and dropped by Haye, this time next year it may be different but again, AJ's not really been tested by anyone with speed, movement, reflexes punching ability etc. Don't get me wrong, I like the lad and think he's good for HW boxing but I do fear he's going to get dropped by a lucky punch one of these days if he keeps fighting dross.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 22 Sep 2016, 6:06 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
No, he's not, having Wilder as champion is no better than having Haye. For all his flaws, if Haye was Champion then at least people would know about it. There are members of Wilder's own family who don't know he's a boxer let alone a HW belt holder!

Why doesn't Haye take on Joshua or Fury/Wlad ???

He's going after the weakest link like Valuev....

All these years and old man Mormeck or Enzo is his best win....

Probably give Audley another shot if he wins..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 6:33 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Why doesn't Haye take on Joshua or Fury/Wlad ???

He's going after the weakest link like Valuev....

All these years and old man Mormeck or Enzo is his best win....

Probably give Audley another shot if he wins..
After his display against Wlad he's p!ssed off the Sky paymasters who are quite rightly reluctant to have anything to do with him and making him sit at the back and wait his turn.

He won't face Wlad as long as Boente is part of the management/promotional set-up.
He won't face Fury cos for all his bluff and bluster, Fury knows he dodged a bullet not fighting Haye.
He won't fight Joshua (just yet) cos Eddie won't risk his cash cow!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 22 Sep 2016, 6:39 pm

Wilder and Wilder.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Thu 22 Sep 2016, 8:42 pm

Wilder & Wilder (Sounds a bit like a film with the late Gene Wilder leading a mysterious double life).

Anyway, think Wilder (not Gene) holds off Haye for 12 boring rounds.  Haye showed he can't get passed a tall guy with a good jab and his style of going on the odd raid isn't going to work unless he gets very lucky.

When Haye loses he will pray (as I will too), that Fury loses the rematch against Wlad and a lucrative domestic showdown between the two loudmouths comes off in the future.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 22 Sep 2016, 8:53 pm

Looks like it could be Joshua vs Hughie Fury next. AJ making Riddick Bowe's first two title defences look positively challenging here.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 22 Sep 2016, 8:56 pm

Heard the same, Hughie is a pretty uninspiring opponent, Hughie coming off illness and inactivity really is taking the pee. Guess I don't need to set up a stubhub account just yet.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 8:19 am

Quite a step up in competition from his recent outings...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Fri 23 Sep 2016, 10:01 am

Where did this rumour come from? I've not seen anything anywhere else.

With the quality of opponents Haye has fought recently... I'm wondering if he ever really recovered from his shoulder injury? Struggling to think of another explanation. If he was still in good shape, he certainly could have fought Briggs this month, and easily be ready for another fight early next year.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2016, 12:30 pm

smashingstormcrow wrote:Where did this rumour come from? I've not seen anything anywhere else.

With the quality of opponents Haye has fought recently... I'm wondering if he ever really recovered from his shoulder injury? Struggling to think of another explanation. If he was still in good shape, he certainly could have fought Briggs this month, and easily be ready for another fight early next year.
If he was still carrying a shoulder injury is would seem daft to line him up with guy that were basically punch bags. Letting Haye wing away for fun like he was, is hardly going to help an injury.

I still believe Haye's being, for want of a better term, blackballed, by the major tv companies and promoters due the Wlad fight and the animosity that has built up between him and everyone who could possibly get him a big fight since then.

As we've seen, he still has a massive fanbase and the ability to hype/sell a fight but I fear major tv companies won't touch him until he proves he's got something worth buying into. It's a bit of a Catch-22 situation though... he can't get a deal without a big name opponent and he can't get a big name opponent with a deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 23 Sep 2016, 1:08 pm

Haye Wilder would certainly be interesting... a few sparring stories will resurface in the run up no doubt. Wouldn't want to pick a winner to be honest. Never been a fan of Haye but it would set up a joshua fight nicely, and I do think he's a live underdog in that one.

As for AJ v Hughie fury?

Hugh Grant, Hugh Jackman, Hugh Hefner, Hughie Green, Huey Lewis, Huey, Dewey and Louie are among those I could list as having an equal chance to Fury junior... hold that, Hugh Jackman would probably have a better chance

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 2:26 pm

Load of nonsense. With Wilder recovering from his multiple injuries, WBC mandated Povetkin-Stiverne for their interim heavyweight title. Once Wilder is recovered he must face the winner or be stripped of his title.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Fri 23 Sep 2016, 2:32 pm

[quote="DAVE667"
If he was still carrying a shoulder injury is would seem daft to line him up with guy that were basically punch bags. Letting Haye wing away for fun like he was, is hardly going to help an injury.
[/quote]

Yeah but he only had to do it for a couple of minutes each time!!

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2016, 2:57 pm

smashingstormcrow wrote:[quote="DAVE667"

Yeah but he only had to do it for a couple of minutes each time!!

[/quote]
Still highly dangerous if you're injured.

PS excellent work f*cking up the quote function Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Fri 23 Sep 2016, 3:14 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
PS excellent work f*cking up the quote function Very Happy

Yep.. it's a skill...

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down