The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little red Lopez vs Naseem Hamed

+6
Fists of Fury
mikeymax71
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
88Chris05
Haito
10 posters

Go down

Little red Lopez vs Naseem Hamed Empty Little red Lopez vs Naseem Hamed

Post by Haito Sun 05 Jun 2011, 3:07 pm

Had a proper gander round the forum for the first time recently and came across Jeff's decent piece on our Marmite Prince so thought my first article on here would be involving him and a fella not mentioned a great deal yet he was a damn good fighter. How do you all see this tasty fantasy fight between two very exciting big hitters boasting career KO ratio's above 80% going??.

Danny Lopez boasts wins over Castillo, Ruben Olivares, Raul Cruz, Sean O'Grady, Famoso Gomez, Hafey, David Kotey and Castanon. He was a ferocious high volume power puncher who was never in a dull fight. He was relentless head hunter who had the ability to Kayo opponents with either hand. He also had a had very a similar trait to our own Nigel Benn in which he seemed to become more dangerous when he himself was hurt and in trouble. A few of his wins came from positions where he looked out of the fight and heading for defeat. He was alittle clumsy though and his defence was very much an after thought.

Naseem's CV also reads well with good wins over Kelley, Boom Boom Johnson, Medina, Mccullouch, Vazquez, Soto, Badillo, Bungu and Ingle. His brash nature wasn't popular with all but he was mr entertainment in the ring. His talent and kayo power was more than evident throughout his career. Great handspeed, sublime reflexes and his phenomenal power were hugely complemented by his great ability to find punching angles many boxer's didn't know existed. Hamed was very open, less accurate and very wild when frustrated and his lack of plan b was also a problem.

A fight between these two would have been epic and end to end. I dont think it would have lasted more than 8 rounds such was the nature of these two fighters. Lopez loved a war and Hamed's ego would mean he would end up trading big shots with Lopez similar to the way he did with Kelley which would mean both fighters would hit the canvas during the fight. I think Hamed would have managed to have the final word in this bout and i pick him to win it in the 8th. I think Lopez would struggle to land clean with his big punches as Hamed's movement and reflexes were top draw yet Lopez was abit more static so he would get caught clean more often and feel the full force of Hamed's punches and i think after 8 rounds of a toe-to-toe trade off Hamed's speed and power would see him land one big one too many for Lopez.

Agree? Disagree?
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Little red Lopez vs Naseem Hamed Empty Re: Little red Lopez vs Naseem Hamed

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 05 Jun 2011, 3:36 pm

Think you've got it more or less spot on, Haito. A great scrap while it lasts but whereas I can't see Lopez stopping Hamed, I think it's only a matter of time before Hamed stops Lopez. I think the Brit had more in the way of single punch KO power, and the way Lopez used to drop that jab (usually after lunging forward with it in an ungainly manner) he's asking for troube against the Prince who, for all his faults away from the ring, had an incredible ability to throw paralyzing shots from just about any angle, no matter how unusual.

I also think that if anyone gets forced back, it's Lopez, which again spells trouble. We all know of Hamed's flashy punching skills, but let's not forget that, while he was no Bernard Hopkins in this area, he could also box when he needed to and find ways of avoiding heavy shots - an ability which Lopez didn't really share, at least not to the same degree.

Hamed all day for me, though it would be a terrific scrap while it lasted. I think Hamed closes the show anywhere between the seventh and tenth rounds.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 05 Jun 2011, 7:11 pm

How is this a great scrap? Lopez never met anyone as awkward and as dangerous as Naz. Naz IMO, due to his style and punching power would ko any featherweight in the history of boxing. Danny Lopez would not finish a fight with Naz. Naz would put him to sleep in the the mid rounds after landing heavy shots all night and even cutting Lopez.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 05 Jun 2011, 7:32 pm

would ko any feather in history....

🤦

I think Lopez is too easy to hit but I think Hamed would have his problems....busy fighter Lopez...

Hamed ko10 but floored twice doing it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:26 pm

Not as dangerous as Naz?.Amongst the very good foghters he beat which I have named in the article. Lopez shared the ring with Salvidor Sanchez and although he was beaten well he still gave him plenty to think about in the early rounds onetwo so you're comment is more due to ignorance of Lopez than reality. Lopez was a very useful heavy handed fighter more than capable of troubling Hamed. Certainly no mismatch.

Last edited by Haito on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:36 pm

Hamed by brutal stoppage. The way to beat Naz is not by standing there trading with him. Any featherweight in history would struggle with his power but a few of of the legends would have found ways to offset this power, but for me Lopez is not one of those.

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 05 Jun 2011, 9:19 pm

I might add that guys like wayne mccullough went the distance with Naz and he was an ordinary fighter......

As Haito say's Lopez had power and beat quality...

He's being undersold here..

Due to the fact that people on here haven't seen him much...

I saw quite a bit of Danny as obviously Haito has for he wrote the article..and he is a great featherweight...

Hamed wins because of the styles but he struggles early on.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 06 Jun 2011, 8:56 am

McCullough did have that granite chin of his though, Truss. An essential if you were going to go 12 with Naz.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 06 Jun 2011, 4:06 pm

Does this mean Lopez is ducking Naz?? laughing

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 06 Jun 2011, 8:16 pm

Have to agree with the Hamed stoppage. Check this out:

Spoiler:

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 06 Jun 2011, 9:07 pm

would ko any feather in history....
Who Naz, Willie Pep? i hope your kidding

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Mon 06 Jun 2011, 10:02 pm

Naz's punching power would be too much...I think a stoppage happens anytime after 6 rounds.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down