The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP QUARTER FINAL

+3
LondonTiger
James100
jimbobgooner
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP QUARTER FINAL Empty SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP QUARTER FINAL

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 17 Aug 2016, 5:14 pm

SURREY HAVE NAMED A FIFTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THEIR ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP QUARTER FINAL AGAINST THE NORTHAMPTONSHIRE STEELBACKS AT WANTAGE ROAD ON THURSDAY.
Kumar Sangakkara and Ravi Rampaul are both named in the squad after returning from the Caribbean Premier League and James Burke is also included.
There is no place in the squad for Gary Wilson on the plus side Ben Foakes returns from injury
The Surrey squad to play the Northamptonshire Steelbacks in the Royal London One Day Cup Quarter Final at Wantage Road on Thursday 18th August:
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
James Burke
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Jade Dernbach
Ben Foakes
Mark Footitt
Stuart Meaker
Ravi Rampaul
Jason Roy
Kumar Sangakkara
Dominic Sibley
Footitt and Burke won't play so it's Meaker,Ravioli and Sibley fighting it out for the last spot.
Maybe ravioli edges it not too sure on this one.
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP QUARTER FINAL Empty Re: SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP QUARTER FINAL

Post by James100 Wed 17 Aug 2016, 6:38 pm

Agree with your calls jimbob, it's a tough decision between Sibley, Meaker and Rampaul for the final spot—I'd pick Meaker to play but can see them going with any of the three depending on the pitch.

Shame the match isn't televised, it seems odd to schedule the quarter finals over two days rather than the four used for the T20s.

James100

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP QUARTER FINAL Empty Re: SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP QUARTER FINAL

Post by LondonTiger Thu 18 Aug 2016, 10:07 am

James100 wrote:
Shame the match isn't televised, it seems odd to schedule the quarter finals over two days rather than the four used for the T20s.

Technically there were 4 days free between The scheduled last day of the 4th Test and T20 Finals day, however there was an agreement with the counties that there would be no games the day before finals day while Sky need tme to get their cameras set up etc. To show 4 matches on successive days they would need a clear day either side apparently.

Northampton are heavily reliant on runs from Rossington and Duckett, and generally fare best when they can get a total on the board and squeeze the opposition in the field. The wicket has seemed to be a bit two paced, but big scores can be achieved so long as batters give themself the time to get their eye in.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 1:07 pm

zafar unavailable with a back injury

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 1:13 pm

northants win toss and bat

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 1:18 pm

Burke starts Shocked

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 1:19 pm

Interesting. Burke plays ahead of Sibley with Sam at no. 6

Looks light on batting

Roy
Davies
Sanga
Burns
Foakes (wk)
S Curran
Burke
T Curran
Batty
Meaker
Dernbach

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 18 Aug 2016, 1:20 pm

Burke ahead of Sibley? Proper #headsgone selection that folks - Sibley a better bat and probably bowler too
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 1:20 pm

Footitt,Rampaul and sibley miss out

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 1:30 pm

agree chaps burke shouldn't be playing and tail is too long

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Thu 18 Aug 2016, 1:50 pm

First wicket down - Levi c Burke b Dernbach

Burke's in for his catching, obviously ! Very Happy

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 2:26 pm

Laugh Laugh Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Thu 18 Aug 2016, 3:00 pm

SimonofSurrey wrote: First wicket down - Levi c Burke b Dernbach

Burke's in for his catching, obviously ! Very Happy

...and again: Duckett dismissal exactly the same combination

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 3:01 pm

Cobb taking a liking to Burke's bowling

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 3:07 pm

James100 wrote:Cobb taking a liking to Burke's bowling
what a surprise Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 3:16 pm

we will need over 300 to win this Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 18 Aug 2016, 3:27 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:we will need over 300 to win this Sad

Good job we have a long batting lineup toda...oh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Thu 18 Aug 2016, 3:59 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:

I don't see it that way. We have a solid top 5 - in order, presumably Le Roi, Interesting, Sanga, First Degree and That's All - followed by four decent potentially dangerous one day middle order players - 2 x Currans, Burke and Batty - then our new found all rounder Meaker at 10. If we have to go beyond that, chances are the game has already gone from us. If it's a decent track, I'd be disappointed if that line up failed to make a decent fist of trying to chase down anything up to around 300.

It's not like we had Norah at seven followed by a family of four rabbits (Meaker, Rampaul, Dernbach, Footitt)

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 4:10 pm

214 for 7 after 40 overs

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 18 Aug 2016, 4:16 pm

SimonofSurrey wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:

I don't see it that way. We have a solid top 5 - in order, presumably Le Roi, Interesting, Sanga, First Degree and That's All - followed by four decent potentially dangerous one day middle order players - 2 x Currans, Burke and Batty - then our new found all rounder Meaker at 10. If we have to go beyond that, chances are the game has already gone from us. If it's a decent track, I'd be disappointed if that line up failed to make a decent fist of trying to chase down anything up to around 300.

It's not like we had Norah at seven followed by a family of four rabbits (Meaker, Rampaul, Dernbach, Footitt)  

Everyone including Sam is batting one spot too high from 6-10 imo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 4:18 pm

8 down Smile

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 4:25 pm

9 down Smile

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 4:38 pm

KLEINVEDLT steam steam steam

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 4:47 pm

TOM CURRAN mad mad mad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 18 Aug 2016, 4:48 pm

Last wicket have put on over 40 now - not good enough I'm afraid Surrey - thrown away the match
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 4:52 pm

thank you jade clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 4:55 pm

That last wicket 49 has probably taken the match away from us now

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 18 Aug 2016, 5:42 pm

Good start Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 5:43 pm

thanks for turning up davies raspberry

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 6:39 pm

in control then roy gives his wkt away Doh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 6:44 pm

And now Third Degree, from in control to struggling in a couple of overs

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 6:44 pm

3 down furious

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 18 Aug 2016, 6:46 pm

3 down and our last two proper batsmen at the crease - poor selection cost us today
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 7:15 pm

shame wakely got injured Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 18 Aug 2016, 7:27 pm

Evening all.  Match evenly poised - Surrey 162 - 3 well placed if we keep wickets in hand. 

Cracking over that from Wakely - really got the treatment from Sanga.  Currently pushing around singles, which is fine as long as we don't allow pressure to build.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 18 Aug 2016, 7:30 pm

Foakes falls for 16. 165 - 4. Sad

Good partnership, but we can't rely solely on Sanga (and earlier Roy) for the batting.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 7:34 pm

I think we'll rely exclusively on Sanga here, well on top of the rate, he just needs to stay in for us to win

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 18 Aug 2016, 7:46 pm

Evening Goochie! Required run rate starting to rise again. Still only 5 an over, but we don't want to get bogged down unnecessarily. 95 to win.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 8:04 pm

Evening corporal.....going well as we inch our way toward 277.........and a West Ham goal right on half time!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 18 Aug 2016, 8:04 pm

205 - 4 after 35 overs. 72 needed off 14 overs. Sam Curran doing most of the scoring at the moment while Sanga contemplates a possible century.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 8:08 pm

Babyface perishes.....come on Sanga, all down to you

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 18 Aug 2016, 8:08 pm

Aagh Curran out (for a very useful 26). Now getting into some of the less reliable batman.  Really need Sanga to assert himself to prevent panic among the troops.

Pleased indeed to see Hammers taking the lead!

Let's hope that Tom Curran performs well with the bat after his very expensive bowling earlier on.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 8:10 pm

100 for kumar clap clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 8:12 pm

run rate up to six too much mucking about in the middle overs again like the final last year

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 18 Aug 2016, 8:16 pm

Jimbob - agree, it did look like Sanga had nodded off in the middle overs.  At least Sam Curran kept things moving - just have to hope that Tom Curran can push the score along now that (hopefully) he has got his eye in.

Come on Sanga - we could do with a couple of boundaries.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 18 Aug 2016, 8:17 pm

Tbf extras playing a useful role.  That's 27 so far (versus Surrey's 15)

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 8:25 pm

Getting too close for comfort! Too many dot balls

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 8:26 pm

gone past the score when they was 9 down picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Aug 2016, 8:28 pm

more than a run a ball needed now Rolling Eyes funny thing to say but this is painful from kumar

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 18 Aug 2016, 8:29 pm

Required run rate beginning to climb more sharply, now over 6 an over.  Only 10 off last three overs.  Erm

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next