The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE NATWEST T20 BLAST

+4
James100
jimbohammers
thegooch7
jimbobgooner
8 posters

Go down

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE NATWEST T20 BLAST Empty SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Jun 2016, 10:03 pm

SURREY HAVE NAMED A SIXTEEN MAN SQUAD  Erm  FOR THEIR NATWEST T20 BLAST GAME AGAINST HAMPSHIRE AT THE KIA OVAL THIS EVENING.
17 year old off spinner Amar Virdi has been named in a T20 squad for the first time after impressing for the Second XI in recent weeks.
Ravi Rampaul returns from injury  Very Happy
James Burke and Mark footitt miss out
THE SURREY SQUAD TO PLAY HAMPSHIRE IN THE NATWEST T20 BLAST AT THE KIA OVAL ON THURSDAY 9TH JUNE:
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
Dwayne Bravo
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Ben Foakes
Stuart Meaker
Mathew Pillans
Ravi Rampaul
Jason Roy
Kumar Sangakkara
Dominic Sibley
Amar Virdi
Gary Wilson
christ picking 2 to miss out is hard enough so here goes foakes,meaker,pillans,virdi,and sadly sibley (for the reason i can't see them giving davies the gloves) fair play to anyone who gets all 5 correct Smile
over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE NATWEST T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by thegooch7 Thu 09 Jun 2016, 10:27 pm

Azhar still injured then jimbob
I've just done my 11 and think it ties in with yours!
If I had my way, I'd tell Interesting to take the gloves and play Sibley for Harold, I'd also have Aneesh Kapil in the squad, wonder why we signed him?!

1. Le Roy
2. Interesting
3. Sanga
4. Bravo
5. Harold
6. Third Degree
7. Zaf
8. Junior
9. Senior
10. Norah
11. Ravioli

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE NATWEST T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Jun 2016, 10:39 pm

gooch the news on azhar is not positive i'm sure guildford will have more information when he returns from the meeting yesterday the bar must be dry by now Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Thu 09 Jun 2016, 11:34 pm

Sad news from Hampshire this morning as youngster Hamza Ali has passed away at the age of 20. Was a bright young talent. RIP

Game still goes ahead, Hampshire will wear black armbands

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Jun 2016, 11:49 pm

Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Fri 10 Jun 2016, 12:09 am

Very sad news for Hampshire and all the players.

You guys' team predictions look right to me. Number one on the Surrey wishlist would be runs for Steve Davies.

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri 10 Jun 2016, 12:19 am

I'd like to think our line up will be:

Carberry
Adams
McManus
Wheater
Ervine
Dawson
Afridi
Sammy
Stevenson
Best
Crane

But most likely Berg, Andrew and Smith in for Stevenson, Crane and McManus

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 10 Jun 2016, 1:58 am

Afternoon, folks.

That's terrible news, Jimbo H. I'm surprised Hants didn't ask for the match to be postponed - I'm sure Surrey would have been totally willing to agree given their own experiences.

Anyway, as for the match - JimBob is right to show the Erm emoticon by the 16 man squad reference. I've never known so many players be in a Surrey squad.

I think there's probably some doubt again about Batty's availability. That could explain Vidi's inclusion as possible cover. My view is that Virdi definitely won't play if Batty does. However, it doesn't automatically follow that Virdi will make his debut if Batty's unavailable - someone else could sneak in ahead of the teenager.

With Batty, maybe:

Roy
Davies
Sanga
Bravo
Burns
Wilson
Ansari
S Curran
T Curran
Batty
Rampaul

Blimey - just realised that's JimBob's team and Goochie's!

If no Batty, maybe Sibley retains his place. Virdi might be a bit disappointed by that but not as disappointed, I would suggest, as the Burger Van remaining parked up with no obvious customers!

Btw, we had no luck yesterday but didn't really deserve any - an extremely poor performance.

PS Surrey injury update now posted on the general thread.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Jun 2016, 2:42 am

Mon the rey
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri 10 Jun 2016, 2:44 am

Afternoon Guildford,

Afridi now out for tonight as he's unwell. A big loss but should allow one of the younger guys to play.

Bravo is a great signing for you guys, hes the ideal t20 player in my opinion, can do everything. That top 4 is pretty frightening.

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri 10 Jun 2016, 2:55 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Mon the rey

Just to let you know Olly, its a bit cringey when you say stuff like this when you've been a fan for about 5mins Whistle

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 10 Jun 2016, 3:19 am

Jimbo - I regard punching fists as overly dramatic so you can guess I don't particularly like Bravo's dance moves on the outfield! Smile However, you're right - he looks a very good t20 signing.

Bad news for you about Afridi although I'll be pleased - purely from a cricket view - if it allows Crane to play. Him bowling to Sanga will be something the youngster will always remember whatever the outcome.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri 10 Jun 2016, 3:35 am

Guildford OK his dance is... interesting Laugh

Crane's first ever wicket for us was... Sanga so he'll do ok Whistle

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Jun 2016, 4:12 am

Surrey win toss and bat

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Jun 2016, 4:23 am

Wilson and Davies miss out for Sibley & Foakes very bizarre the other 3 as expected

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 10 Jun 2016, 4:36 am

A lot of members and supporters are hacked off with Davies - little fight and too many soft dismissals. Right call imo although I didn't expect it.

Surprised too by Wilson getting the chop. Stewart referred to him at the members' meeting yesterday as ''having credit in the bank'' whilst acknowledging that Foakes is ''a special talent'' who would take over in the white ball game when Wilson goes off with Ireland soon.

Think yesterday's dismal performance (which was after the meeting) brought home that matters couldn't be put off any longer.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Jun 2016, 5:43 am

Last six overs of this innings we have thrown the game away

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri 10 Jun 2016, 5:54 am

Pretty happy to keep you to under 200 after the start you made and being 140-1 after 14.

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Jun 2016, 5:55 am

Exactly jimbo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Jun 2016, 5:59 am

jimbohammers wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Mon the rey

Just to let you know Olly, its a bit cringey when you say stuff like this when you've been a fan for about 5mins Whistle

Plz don't discriminate Jimbo Sad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Jun 2016, 6:20 am

Early wickets for Sam Curran and Sibley have Hampshire 27-2 off 4
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Jun 2016, 6:27 am

Hampshire 4 down

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Jun 2016, 6:38 am

5 down start the car

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri 10 Jun 2016, 6:38 am

Poor performance as expected. We've really gone downhill these last 2 years.

McManus only one showing a bit of fight

Great performance by Sibley, what does he bowl?

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri 10 Jun 2016, 6:43 am

Can we get to 100?

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Jun 2016, 7:12 am

Excellent win for the rey clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri 10 Jun 2016, 7:13 am

Shocking by us but congrats on the win guys

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Jun 2016, 7:13 am

jimbohammers wrote:Poor performance as expected. We've really gone downhill these last 2 years.

McManus only one showing a bit of fight

Great performance by Sibley, what does he bowl?
Leg spin jimbo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Jun 2016, 7:14 am

jimbohammers wrote:Shocking by us but congrats on the win guys
Cheers jimbo Hug

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 10 Jun 2016, 7:23 am

Very sorry to hear the sad news from the Hants dressing room, Jimbo.

Having witnessed Surrey's anaemic bowling performance yesterday, and patchy batting, it was a bit of a surprise to find us blowing Hants away this evening.  Really pleased to see Sibley make the most of his chance with bat and ball.

Got to hand it to Olly, I didn't think Sibley would be a credible bowler for the first team - indeed he's not generally been a front line bowler for the seconds.  But maybe he's a bit of a surprise package for opposition batsmen in the short format of the game, at least for the time being. There was of course a season or two when Surrey did rather well in T20 by bowling multiple spinners - comprising most or all of Batty, Spriegel, Ansari, and RHB.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 10 Jun 2016, 7:48 am

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Very sorry to hear the sad news from the Hants dressing room, Jimbo.

Having witnessed Surrey's anaemic bowling performance yesterday, and patchy batting, it was a bit of a surprise to find us blowing Hants away this evening.  Really pleased to see Sibley make the most of his chance with bat and ball.

Got to hand it to Olly, I didn't think Sibley would be a credible bowler for the first team - indeed he's not generally been a front line bowler for the seconds.  But maybe he's a bit of a surprise package for opposition batsmen in the short format of the game, at least for the time being.  There was of course a season or two when Surrey did rather well in T20 by bowling multiple spinners - comprising most or all of Batty, Spriegel, Ansari, and RHB.

Very much as the Corporal calls it although I feel there should also be a reference to Schofield at the end. Smile

Although it is saying very little indeed, Sibley - along with Ansari - was probably our best bowler yesterday.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Fri 10 Jun 2016, 8:14 am

Good to see us rack up a decent total (shame about the last six overs) despite only 12 from Roy and Bravo, good to see us take ten wickets with 2 each for four bowlers whose surname isn't 'Curran'.

A small step in the right direction, especially after such an almighty tonking yesterday.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down