The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury Racism

+11
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Valero's Conscience
ONETWOFOREVER
AdamT
TopHat24/7
Coxy001
TRUSSMAN66
shenglong2015
Hammersmith harrier
Nico the gman
Pound-for-Pound
15 posters

Go down

Tyson Fury Racism Empty Tyson Fury Racism

Post by Pound-for-Pound Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Saw the interview Fury did on American TV where he claimed that those from the Gypsy community are racially persecuted in the UK and Europe. He apparently claimed that he and his wife have been refused entry to Restaurants and Movie Theatres due to being Gypsies. Anybody else aware of this type of treatment? I had no idea that anything like that happened.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury Racism Empty Re: Tyson Fury Racism

Post by Nico the gman Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:02 pm

Pound-for-Pound wrote:Saw the interview Fury did on American TV where he claimed that those from the Gypsy community are racially persecuted in the UK and Europe. He apparently claimed that he and his wife have been refused entry to Restaurants and Movie Theatres due to being Gypsies. Anybody else aware of this type of treatment? I had no idea that anything like that happened.
I think its BS, how would anyone know if he was a gypsy, what's he do roll up in a caravan or a horse and cart.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:04 pm

More likely he's been refused entry just for being a cretin.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:06 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:More likely he's been refused entry just for being a cretin.
That would be nearer to the truth.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:11 pm

Sick of Fury using the Gypsy card like some sort of victim.

There have been plenty of gypsy boxers in the past who have carved out a nice boxing career without damage to their reputation, Gary Buckland, Billie Jo Saunders, Willie Casey and Andy Lee to name a few.....

People don't like Fury because of the way he gets on and his attitude to certain sections of the community, he isn't the victim, the only victims are the ones on the end of his next attention seeking rant

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:11 pm

Bigot and homophobe moans about racism...Let's get the violins..

But when will these sensitive restaurants realise that by trashing these places..gypsies are registering their approval...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:17 pm

I'd like to see the confusion of Fury's face when they start smashing plates in a Greek restaurant.

"They can't ALL have been refused entry can they?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:45 am

Perhaps if him and his friends hadn't tried stealing from the local businesses they may have been let in.

Caravans in the area usually mean stolen dogs, machinery, cars and fighting. That is an unequivocal fact.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:47 am

Wouldn't be the first time the race card has been played erroneously.

Besides, gypsy isn't a race, especially not the Irish one, it's a lifestyle choice. No different to being a goth or horrendously overweight or a smoker etc etc.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:21 am

Fury seems to be more hated than Khan on here.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:23 am

I've actually grown to like and respect him. Don't really have issue with the comments he made which he was slated for (albeit I don't share or support his views). Just don't like the race card or the notion that things that aren't races get labelled as such to protect them from valid objective criticism.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:24 am

I actually fully agree with you. I don't agree with his silly views, but for some reason I like/respect the man.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:04 am

How do people know he is Gypsy???

Him and his wife look like your average white couple.

Unless they went black face..

then I could understand.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:10 am

He is famous? Maybe were he lives, he is well known? Perhaps his accent??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:15 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:How do people know he is Gypsy???

Him and his wife look like your average white couple.

Unless they went black face..

then I could understand.

What has gypsy got to do with skin colour??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:30 am

I agree with what others have said that living a gypsy life is a choice.

However I don't understand people not believing Fury saying he's been persecuted in the past. Gypsies / do as you likeys are never liked in their surrounding community. I generally believe if you don't think he's persecuted you can't live near them or had experiences with them?

In saying that, people are wary of them for a very good reason in my opinion. I'll probably get in trouble for this but 100% true.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:59 am

I think people are taking the term 'racism' too literally. True 'Gypsy' is not a race. Gypsies are an ethnic group, however, and the term 'racism' is generally extended to include ethnic discrimination.

Being a gypsy isn't a lifestyle choice. Living in a caravan is a lifestyle choice. Do people who go holidaying in caravans become gypsies for two weeks a year? No. Therefore, if a gypsy moves into a house, they are still a gypsy, at least from an ethnic standpoint.

That said, while I've no doubt that Fury has faced some ethnic discrimination, I could easily imagine that he more frequently gets turned away from restaurants for being a bit of a Muppet.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:20 pm

Well this one has potential to go well.

If we can all reign in our inner Daily Mail reader that would be much appreciated. Or if you can't at least have the courtesy not to whinge when your posts start disappearing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:29 pm

jbeadlesbigrighthand wrote:I think people are taking the term 'racism' too literally. True 'Gypsy' is not a race. Gypsies are an ethnic group, however, and the term 'racism' is generally extended to include ethnic discrimination.

Being a gypsy isn't a lifestyle choice. Living in a caravan is a lifestyle choice. Do people who go holidaying in caravans become gypsies for two weeks a year? No. Therefore, if a gypsy moves into a house, they are still a gypsy, at least from an ethnic standpoint.

That said, while I've no doubt that Fury has faced some ethnic discrimination, I could easily imagine that he more frequently gets turned away from restaurants for being a bit of a Muppet.

Romany gypsy is, just about, an ethnic group.

Irish traveller (Fury) is certianly nothing more than a lifestyle choice.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 pm

Fury was probably refused entry to the cinema on the grounds that the plot may prove too complex for him. Still, he can always wait for the Peanuts movie to come out on Blu Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:49 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
jbeadlesbigrighthand wrote:I think people are taking the term 'racism' too literally. True 'Gypsy' is not a race. Gypsies are an ethnic group, however, and the term 'racism' is generally extended to include ethnic discrimination.

I don't quite understand how Irish Travellers would not be an ethnic group if Romany gypsies are. Regardless, the ONS begs to differ with you.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:43 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

How do you come to that conclusion? Do you really think that back in the day people had to much money, a nice house and didn't feel persecuted enough that they decided to become Irish traveller/gypsy's? Do you consider Jews or Kurds an ethnic group or just a chosen lifestyle.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:03 pm

jbeadlesbigrighthand wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

I don't quite understand how Irish Travellers would not be an ethnic group if Romany gypsies are. Regardless, the ONS begs to differ with you.

Irish travellers' ethnicity is Irish. Not 'traveller' which is their chosen mode of living.

Romany gypsies (as in of Romania) are a fairly distinct ethnic group.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:07 pm

sohotnot wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

How do you come to that conclusion? Do you really think that back in the day people had to much money, a nice house and didn't feel persecuted enough that they decided to become Irish traveller/gypsy's? Do you consider Jews or Kurds an ethnic group or just a chosen lifestyle.

Jewish (or any religion) is also a lifestyle choice, yes. A choice to live by a set of rules and/or customs. Wholly different from skin colour, gender, sexual orientation, age etc.

Irish travellers have chosen a particular mode of existance. There is nothing in their genetic make up that determines it, it is not related to a factor they cannot control such as their place of birth.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:09 pm

What race are hoboes?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:13 pm

superflyweight wrote:What race are hoboes?

Canine? Small ones are anyway.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:15 pm

They are born into a culture so you could say at a certain age, 18 perhaps, that they could walk away from it. My point was more down to the situations that people found themselves in that spawned the Irish traveller/gypsy ethnic/cultural group. The Jews do not share any ethnic trait that makes them jewish. I was just interested in your opinions. Kurds are another persecuted ethnic/cultural group, but what what makes them Kurds?

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:17 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Canine?  Small ones are anyway.

Thanks Tina - that's what I thought.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:22 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Canine?  Small ones are anyway.

Thanks Tina - that's what I thought.  

There's a voice that keeps on calling me
Down the road, that's where I'll always be.
Every stop I make, I make a new friend,
Can't stay for long, just turn around and I'm gone again

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down,
Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Down this road that never seems to end,
Where new adventure lies just around the bend.
So if you want to join me for a while,
Just grab your hat, we'll travel light, that's hobo style.

Maybe tomorrow I'll want to settle down,
Until tomorrow, the whole world is my home.

Just grab your hat, we'll travel light, that's hobo style

There's a world that's waiting to unfold,
A brand new tale no-one has ever told.
We've journeyed far so you know it wont be long;
We're almost there, and we've paid our fare with a hobo song.

Just grab your hat, we'll travel light, that's hobo style.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find what I call home, Until tomorrow, you know I'm free to roam

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:46 pm

Great song

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:08 pm

Cos Tina sang it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content