The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scottish Player List (playing outside of Scotland) & transfers

+29
NeilyBroon
Tattie Scones RRN
EWT Spoons
True Raven
BamBam
CraigS1874
SirBurger
highland_scot
BigGee
Margin_Walker
sensisball
HammerofThunor
nickj
Nematode
Majestic83
George Carlin
IanBru
alive555
Captain_Sensible
RDW
Prothero
clivemcl
madmaccas
demosthenes
Geordie
MacKnocked-on
LondonTiger
funnyExiledScot
A Simply Mesmeric Try
33 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Scottish Player List (playing outside of Scotland) & transfers Empty Scottish Player List (playing outside of Scotland) & transfers

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Wed 21 Oct 2015, 10:08 am

This is still a tad out-of-date and is in the process of being updated.

This is a reference thread to pool a list of Scottish and Scots qualified players that play outside of Scotland. Only having 2 pro teams means there are surely a good few of them.

Why? Well, mainly as a reference and to discuss the talent that plays away from home and, if they are playing well, hype about them getting picked for Scotland, or getting signed by Edinburgh or Glasgow.  Laugh

I'll start off with the ones I know of, and I'll update the thread as we go.

Please let me know who I've missed, and of any transfers or retirements!

* = International Cap
^ = International A Team & Sevens caps

Click on a spoiler to reveal more information

Guinness Pro12 (Wales & Ireland):

English Aviva Premiership:

English Championship:

French Top 14:

French Pro D2:

Super 15 & Currie Cup, ITM Cup, NRC:

Japan & North America:

cake

Home Region Squads
Here are the current 2015/2016 squads for Edinburgh Rugby & Glasgow Warriors. This will always be up to date.
* = International Cap
^International A Team caps & Sevens
NSQ = Not Scottish Qualified
Current Edinburgh Squad:
Current Glasgow Warriors Squad:

----------------------------------------------

All known Scottish Pro Players sorted by position, by Majestic83:

(ping-pong and lawn bowls pros coming soon)
Rugby League - Players to Watch:

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Mon 26 Sep 2016, 5:31 pm; edited 58 times in total
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Scottish Player List (playing outside of Scotland) & transfers Empty Re: Scottish Player List (playing outside of Scotland) & transfers

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 22 Oct 2015, 10:38 am

Ok - this is probably the most impressive thing I've ever seen.....to quote Mrs fES.

clap

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Scottish Player List (playing outside of Scotland) & transfers Empty Re: Scottish Player List (playing outside of Scotland) & transfers

Post by LondonTiger Thu 22 Oct 2015, 10:53 am

Phil godman has retired, I thought.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Thu 22 Oct 2015, 10:54 am

Impressive list, couple of additions and a transfer; Neale Patrick is now at London Scottish and you could include Junior's brother Andrew Bulumakau at Doncaster and even Kevin Sinfield retired from league and now at Yorkshire Carnegie.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 22 Oct 2015, 11:07 am

Phil Godman is now Sporting Head at a Boarding School in Dundee.

Sean Tomes is no longer with us.

We don't have many at the moment...but I can see that increasing. We were always strongest when we had our share of the border lads!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Thu 22 Oct 2015, 11:11 am

GeordieFalcon wrote: Sean Tomes is no longer with us.

You mean he is no longer playing for you?

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 22 Oct 2015, 11:44 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Phil Godman is now Sporting Head at a Boarding School in Dundee.

Sean Tomes is no longer with us.

We don't have many at the moment...but I can see that increasing. We were always strongest when we had our share of the border lads!

Don't think the High School of Dundee is a boarding school.

Godman was a skillful player - hopefully he's able to translate those skills into school rugby and inspire one or two of the next generation.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Thu 22 Oct 2015, 5:06 pm

Cheers lads! Updates incoming!

Removed P.Godman and S.Tomes (did he kick the bucket or what? Where did he move to?).
Moved N.Patrick to L.Scottish
Added A.Bulumakau to Doncaster.

Regarding Kevin Sinfield - he's an ageing (35) League player who's finishing his career in Union. And does anyone know what position he plays (in union)? On the YC website it says back-row/half-back. Might as well have said "on the pitch" Rolling Eyes TBH, I think I'll leave him out.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Thu 22 Oct 2015, 6:05 pm

Jamie Stevenson is now at Coventry Wasps.

Robbie Robinson is playing for Toyota Verblitz in Japan.

This is full list of SQ London Scots:

David Cherry
Oli Grove
Matt Heeks
Lee Millar
Ben Prescott
Josh Thomas Brown
Neale Patrick
Russell Weir
David Young
Craig Jackson

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Thu 22 Oct 2015, 6:25 pm

Some others (mostly Academy/young Squad players)

Ben Vellacott is at Gloucester
Glen Young is at Newcastle
Sam James is at Coventry Wasps

madmaccas

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Thu 22 Oct 2015, 6:35 pm

Updates applied. I've added those that weren't already listed.

Thanks madmaccas! Very helpful.  kiss
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Thu 22 Oct 2015, 7:28 pm

A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:Cheers lads! Updates incoming!

Removed P.Godman and S.Tomes (did he kick the bucket or what? Where did he move to?).

Regarding Kevin Sinfield - he's an ageing (35) League player who's finishing his career in Union. And does anyone know what position he plays (in union)? On the YC website it says back-row/half-back. Might as well have said "on the pitch" Rolling Eyes TBH, I think I'll leave him out.

I wasn't suggesting that he's an option for Cotter to consider, most of the list aren't going to concern the Scottish selectors probably in any case.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Thu 22 Oct 2015, 8:16 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:

I wasn't suggesting that he's an option for Cotter to consider, most of the list aren't going to concern the Scottish selectors probably in any case.

This is a list for reference sake. I wasn't suggesting that you were suggesting anything regarding selection. I was simply implying Sinfield isn't worth listing as he is an unknown quantity in union and is on a player/coach role at YC. I suppose you could argue that other older players aren't worth listing too - McKibbon, Robinson, Prescott etc - but they were listed as SQ, and playing regularly, so I put them up.

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Thu 22 Oct 2015, 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 22 Oct 2015, 8:42 pm

Sorry yes...I didn't mean Sean Tomes had died...I meant he was no longer playing for the falcons.

ANd as for the High School in Dundee...I don't know what it is. I just know he has taken up a sporting positon at a school in Dundee....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Thu 22 Oct 2015, 9:15 pm

Sean Dougal is eligible  for Scotland? Never new it!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Prothero Thu 22 Oct 2015, 9:41 pm

See Du Preez would be Scottish eligible in time for the autumn internationals next year if he hangs about? Not that im a fan of that but it is the world we live in.

Im actually wondering who the next "Scot's Born" Back-row to be capped will be? Ashe and Harley seem like they will be squeezed out the Squad for the next few years barring injuries? Im not counting Watson excellent as he is, as he followed the Exile pathway.

Hoping Coman, Berghan and Dell leave this year, cant help feel they are bit of dead wood holding back Bradbury and Ritchie in Coman's case, and Berghan and Dell have been there for ages without making any impression.

Prothero

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 23 Oct 2015, 7:49 am

Maj created a very comprehensive list here:

https://www.606v2.com/t57127-scottish-professional-players

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Fri 23 Oct 2015, 8:02 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Maj created a very comprehensive list here:

https://www.606v2.com/t57127-scottish-professional-players

You. Are. Kidding. Me.

I didn't see that. Can we merge them?

Maj? You there? What do you say?

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Fri 23 Oct 2015, 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 23 Oct 2015, 8:04 am

Laugh

Yours looks fancier though...! Hug

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Fri 23 Oct 2015, 8:09 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Laugh

Yours looks fancier though...! Hug

OK  Cheers RDW

Well, mine is sorted by team, and Maj has done his by position. So it's not too bad.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Sensible Fri 23 Oct 2015, 9:26 am

Excellent effort, Mesmeric. I take it you got really, really bored at work one afternoon? Smile

What this collation shows is that, despite a big improvement in recent years, our player depth is still very poor. As has been said somewhat obliquely above, the number of players in that list who are genuine considerations for Test selection is pretty small.

Captain_Sensible

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Fri 23 Oct 2015, 9:42 am

Captain_Sensible wrote:Excellent effort, Mesmeric. I take it you got really, really bored at work one afternoon? Smile

What this collation shows is that, despite a big improvement in recent years, our player depth is still very poor. As has been said somewhat obliquely above, the number of players in that list who are genuine considerations for Test selection is pretty small.

Cheers, I'll currently unwell, so waaay too much time on my hands, although can't go far from the bed.  Sad

It's rugby and grand strategy PC games until I'm on my feet - which is hopefully Monday because work won't do itself. raspberry
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Fri 23 Oct 2015, 9:48 am

And yes, even though we had a very competitive world cup selection, it's still fairly bare-bones behind the scenes.

However, with the 3 from 4 rugby academies open now, we should start to see more youngsters coming through.

Time for that billionaire to come along and fund the Caledonia and Border Reivers pro team resurrection! And save Scottish rugby from mediocrity! Whistle
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Fri 23 Oct 2015, 10:46 am

A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:And yes, even though we had a very competitive world cup selection, it's still fairly bare-bones behind the scenes.

However, with the 3 from 4 rugby academies open now, we should start to see more youngsters coming through.

Time for that billionaire to come along and fund the Caledonia and Border Reivers pro team resurrection! And save Scottish rugby from mediocrity! Whistle

JK Rowling could do that with pocket change .

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Fri 23 Oct 2015, 10:47 am

A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:
MacKnocked-on wrote:

This is a list for reference sake. I wasn't suggesting that you were suggesting anything regarding selection. I was simply implying Sinfield isn't worth listing as he is an unknown quantity in union and is on a player/coach role at YC. I suppose you could argue that other older players aren't worth listing too - McKibbon, Robinson, Prescott etc - but they were listed as SQ, and playing regularly, so I put them up.

Robinson's only 26! Hardie's 27 and has only just come over. I don't think anyone would say he's too old.

RR was crocked for a bit, but if he can get back to form he'd be just the kind of back Edinburgh need (seeing as they barely have any so that they can host every backrow forward in Scotland).

madmaccas

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 23 Oct 2015, 10:53 am

alive555 wrote:
A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:And yes, even though we had a very competitive world cup selection, it's still fairly bare-bones behind the scenes.

JK Rowling could do that with pocket change .
That's a genuinely good idea, and I actually think she'd be up for it. Huge rugby fan, she is.

Prepare yourselves by turning your geekyness up to 11...
https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/scottish-rugby
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 23 Oct 2015, 11:07 am

The problem is that we don't just need one big lump sum, we need it every year to keep it going, estimated to be around £5m a year. Edinburgh and Glasgow survive because the SRU makes loads of money from the 6N, AIs and world cups.

It just isn't a good business decision to privately start up a 3rd pro team - you will make no money and probably lose a lot.

To give Rowling credit, she donates millions to charity every year and supposedly gets hundreds of charity begging requests every day.

She lives in a nice area of Edinburgh (near Mossy!) in a house that isn't too ridiculously big and drives a fairly normal Audi - Mrs RDW-to-be drives past her quite a lot on her morning commute - and her kids go to an Edinburgh private school.

Her life is entrenched in Scotland so there could be a personal passion for it, but I'd be very surprised!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Fri 23 Oct 2015, 11:54 am

George Bordill , George Blackwell and Jamie Ross are all at Sale Academy/Jets.

madmaccas

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Fri 23 Oct 2015, 12:02 pm

Aaron Thomson is at Exeter.

Tom Dodd, Alex Nisbet are at Worcester.

Alan Gregory is at Northampton Saints.

madmaccas

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Fri 23 Oct 2015, 5:40 pm

Cheers madmaccas, although could ya do us a favour and list their position as well? Ta
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Sun 25 Oct 2015, 1:11 pm

Sure thing:

SALE

George Bordill is a flanker

George Blackwell is a No.8

Jamie Ross is a prop

EXETER

Aaron Thomson is a blindside flanker

WORCESTER

Tom Dodd is a No.8

Alex Nisbet is a fullback

NORTHAMPTON

Alan Gregory is a 2nd Rower

madmaccas

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 26 Oct 2015, 9:36 am

Great thread - let's keep this one running.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Mon 26 Oct 2015, 10:15 am

Liking the thread and the list of players, definitely far tidier than my one.
Been on holiday the past couple weeks but had updated my previous one just before I went off work. Back today and bored already. The list I have I've done just by position and have included pro players in Scotland and abroad and also put in some rugby league players who have had experience in union.

Here it is
Scotland qualified players
Props 30
A Dickinson(Edinburgh), A Dell(Edinburgh), R Sutherland(Edinburgh), G Shiells(Edinburgh), J Cosgrove(Edinburgh) R Grant(Glasgow), G Reid(Glasgow), A Allan(Glasgow), G Strain(Glasgow) K traynor(Bristol), R Hislop(Rotherham), C Fenton(Glasgow EDP), C Quigley(Doncaster Knights)
W P Nel(Edinburgh), S Berghan(Edinburgh), C Sheldon(Edinburgh), E Murray(Agen), J Welsh(Newcastle), M Cusack(Glasgow), Z Fargeson(Glasgow), D Rae(Glasgow), G Hunter(Glasgow), G Cross(London Irish), M Low(Exeter), D Young(London Scottish), B Prescott(London Scottish, P Cringle(Carcassone), J Gilding(L Welsh) N Fraser (North harbour Rays), J Sebastian(Glasgow)

Hookers 16
R Ford(Edinburgh), N Cochrane(Edinburgh), J hilterbrand(Edinburgh), S McInally(Edinburgh), G Turner(Edinburgh), P MacArthur(Glasgow), F Brown(Glasgow), K Bryce(Glasgow), F Scott(Glasgow), J Malcolm(Glasgow EDP), S Lawson(Newcastle), A Walker(Trailfinders), D Cherry( London Scottish),J Kerr(Edinburgh), S James(Scotland U20s/Bedford Blues), R Anderson(Jersey)

Locks 27
G Gilchrist(Edinburgh), F McKenzie(Edinburgh), B Toolis(Edinburgh), A Toolis(Edinburgh), J Gray(Glasgow), T Swinson(Glasgow), K Low(Glasgow), A Davidson(Glasgow EDP), S Cummings(Glasgow EDP), A Redmayne(Glasgow EDP), J Hamilton(Saracens), S MacLeod(Newcastle), S Tomes(Newcastle), A Crammond(Toulon), A Sinclair(Albi), R Gray(Castres), G Young(Newcastle) N Patrick (London Scottish)) N Campbell (Jersey), Josh T Brown(London Scottish), A Muldowney(Connacht), C Hunter-Hill(Glasgow EDP), M Douglas(Melbourne Rising) A Craig(Gloucester)(also B/R), T Ryder(Yorkshire carnegie), O Atkins(Exeter), K McDonald(Glasgow EDP)

Backrow 39
J Hardie(Edinburgh), R Grant(Edinburgh), H Watson(Edinburgh), D Denton(Edinburgh), J Ritchie(Edinburgh), M Bradbury(Edinburgh), A Miller (Edinburgh) H Blake(Glasgow), J Strauss(Glasgow), C Fusaro(Glasgow), T Holmes(Glasgow), W Bordill(Glasgow), T Spinks(Jersey), R Harley(Glasgow), J Eddie(Glasgow), R Wilson(Glasgow), A Ashe(Glasgow),J Hill(Glasgow) A Hogg(Newcastle), K Brown(Saracens), B Cowan(London Irish), J Barclay(Scarlets), M Eadie(Bristol), J Beattie(Castres), A Strokosh(Perpignan), D Sisi(Bath/London Irish), E Masterson( Connacht), K Murphy( London Welsh), M Smith(Glasgow EDP), S Dewar(Scotland 7s), M Fedo(Scotland 7s), S Riddell(Scotland 7s), G Graham(Jersey), S Newlands(Carcassone), Iain Grieve(Ealing Trailfinders), J Tyas(Chinnor), Z Mercer(Bath), S Dougall(Pau), M Dewar(Glasgow EDP), L Wynne(Glasgow EDP), B Flockhart(Glasgow EDP)

Scrum Half 20
S Hidalgo-Clyne(Edinburgh), S Kennedy(Edinburgh), M McAndrew(Edinburgh) N Fowles(Edinburgh) H Fraser(Edinburgh EDP),A Glashan(Edinburgh), G Hart(Glasgow), H Pyrgos(Glasgow),A Price(Glasgow), M McConnel(Nottingham), C Cusiter(Sale), G Laidlaw(Gloucester), M Blair(Glasgow), S Steele(London Irish), J Stevenson(Wasps) B McKibbin(London Irish) , M Heeks(London Scottish), B Vellacott(Gloucester/Scotland U20), R Weir(London Scottish), J Turner(Western Force), G Horne(Glasgow EDP)

Stand Off 17
G Tonks(Edinburgh), B Kinghorn(Edinburgh), J Te Rure(Edinburgh),T Heathcote(Worcester), F Russel(Glasgow), D Weir(Glasgow), G Hunter(Glasgow), R Jackson(Wasps), L Millar(London Scottish), B Chalmers(Bordeaux), H Leonard(Yorkshire Carnegie) R Hutchison(Northampton) A Hastings(Bath)
D McKenzie (Chiefs) G Lowe(Glasgow EDP/Scotland 7s), S Wight(Scotland 7s), , G Haldane(Northampton Saints)

Wings 22
D Fyfe(Edinburgh),T Brown(Edinburgh) , D Hoyland(Edinburgh), B Robbins(Edinburgh EDP/Scotland U20s), J Farndale(Edinburgh), S Maitland(London Irish), T Seymour(Glasgow), S Lamont(Glasgow), L Jones(Glasgow), R Hughes(Glasgow), J Bulumakau(Glasgow Warriors), T Visser(Harlequins), G Watkins(Bristol) J McNicholl(Crusaders) M Russell(Warrington RL), J McManus(Newcastle knights RL) R Nairn(harlequins), A Coombes(London Scottish/Scotland U20), J Fleming(Scotland 7s), M Robertson (Glasgow/Scotland 7s), C Kinloch(Ealing Trailfinders), A Bulumakau(Doncaster Knights), D Flockhart(Doncaster Knights),

Centres 21
M Scott(Edinburgh), C Auld(Edinburgh)?, C Dean(Edinburgh),J Johnstone(Edinburgh/Scotland 7s) A Dunbar(Glasgow), P Horne(Glasgow), M Bennett(Glasgow), R Vernon(Glasgow), F Lyle (Glasgow),R Fergusson(Glasgow EDP),J Steele(Glasgow EDP) , N Grigg(Glasgow EDP), D Taylor(Saracens), M Doneghan(London Scottish), A Grove(Worcester), N De Luca(Biarittz), O Grove(London Scottish) H Jones(Stormers & Western Province), K Linnett(North Queensland Cowboys RL/ Scotland RL) J Wardle (Huddersfield Giants RL/Scotland RL), P Kelly(le Parc/Scotland U20s), N Godsmark(Glasgow/Scotland 7s), N Herron(Glasgow EDP/Scotland 7s), C Jackson(London Scottish)

Full Backs 13
J Cuthbert(Edinburgh), N McLennan(Edinburgh), S Hogg(Glasgow), P Murchie(Glasgow), G Bryce(Glasgow), S MacColl(Gloucester), B McGuigan(Exeter), A Tait(Newcastle),) R Robinson(Toyota Verblitz) B Ransom(Saracens) L Coote(North Queensland Cowboys RL/Scotland RL) K Locke(Salford Reds RL) R Howarth (Edinburgh EDP/Scotland U20s)

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Mon 26 Oct 2015, 10:16 am

madmaccas wrote:Sure thing:

SALE

Jamie Ross is a prop

EXETER

WORCESTER

Tom Dodd is a No.8

NORTHAMPTON

Do you know if these guys are any good?

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Mon 26 Oct 2015, 1:46 pm

Majestic83 wrote:
madmaccas wrote:Sure thing:

SALE

Jamie Ross is a prop

EXETER

WORCESTER

Tom Dodd is a No.8

NORTHAMPTON

Do you know if these guys are any good?

I've only seen a couple of them play, but Bordhill's pretty handy as is Blackwell.

They can't be too bad to be on the books at those clubs. Maybe 2-3 of them will make it. Ones to look out for in the future.

madmaccas

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 26 Oct 2015, 1:48 pm

I read ages ago that George was a better prospect than Will and as the latter is on terms with Glasgow already then I am expecting good things from the younger Bordill.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Mon 26 Oct 2015, 2:01 pm

Had a goose through the Scotland RL squad and got a wee list of players at descent clubs (i.e not Edinburgh Eagles) who are under 25 and would have the time to convert. * Denotes the players I think could covert easily

Ben Hellewell is at London Broncos, is a centre/fullback and is only 23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tyzo6ZM9Yg

Alex Walker is also at London Broncos, is a fullback and is just 20

David Scott is a weegie playing for Doncaster on the wing and is 22 *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Slp6QaEHzo

Oscar Thomas plays for Bradford Bulls, is a half back (fly half) and is just 21 *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Slp6QaEHzo  (these are 2 years old)

Adam Walker plays for Hull, is a prop and is 24

Liam Hood plays for Salford, is a hooker (scrum half) and is 23 *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEcbHXlOraE

madmaccas

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 5:21 pm

madmaccas wrote:Had a goose through the Scotland RL squad and got a wee list of players at descent clubs (i.e not Edinburgh Eagles) who are under 25 and would have the time to convert. * Denotes the players I think could covert easily

Ben Hellewell is at London Broncos, is a centre/fullback and is only 23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tyzo6ZM9Yg

Alex Walker is also at London Broncos, is a fullback and is just 20

David Scott is a weegie playing for Doncaster on the wing and is 22 *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Slp6QaEHzo

Oscar Thomas plays for Bradford Bulls, is a half back (fly half) and is just 21 *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Slp6QaEHzo  (these are 2 years old)

Adam Walker plays for Hull, is a prop and is 24

Liam Hood plays for Salford, is a hooker (scrum half) and is 23 *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEcbHXlOraE

Matty Russell at Warrington is probably the best of the bunch and would be a good bet to succeed in union.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Mon 26 Oct 2015, 8:45 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:Matty Russell at Warrington is probably the best of the bunch and would be a good bet to succeed in union.

Yeah I reckon so, but I left him out because he's in lots of ours lists. Been trying to find new ones.

madmaccas

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 26 Oct 2015, 9:32 pm

Russell is from Ayrshire!! Jeez, what are we waiting for??

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Thu 29 Oct 2015, 9:11 am

Thanks everyone. OP updated. I've also added an extra RL spoiler with those extra players mentioned.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Thu 29 Oct 2015, 11:25 am

Just interested in people's thoughts, but why would you decide to play rugby league (growing up in Scotland) when you could play Union at more locations and maybe have a better shot at turning professional?

Don't really know many places that play League too.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Thu 29 Oct 2015, 12:26 pm

Cracking list chaps. Top work

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Thu 29 Oct 2015, 5:28 pm

Nematode wrote:Just interested in people's thoughts, but why would you decide to play rugby league (growing up in Scotland) when you could play Union at more locations and maybe have a better shot at turning professional?

No idea. 

TBH, if it wasn't for our involvement in the recent RL World Cups (albeit with a mostly Australian line up) I wouldn't have thought any Scots play it at all!
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Thu 29 Oct 2015, 10:33 pm

A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:
Nematode wrote:Just interested in people's thoughts, but why would you decide to play rugby league (growing up in Scotland) when you could play Union at more locations and maybe have a better shot at turning professional?

No idea. 

TBH, if it wasn't for our involvement in the recent RL World Cups (albeit with a mostly Australian line up) I wouldn't have thought any Scots play it at all!

Quite a few of the guys at my club play or have played league during the Union of season.
3 of them have gone on to be capped by scotland with one of them getting a pro deal in England.

Think the main reason they have all got into it is either watching the nrl and fancying a go, something to do in the union off season and with that realising they could gain international honours easier than obviously could in Union and putting them in the shop window.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:28 pm

Just leave this here in case of interest. By product of what I was doing for the Premiership players. I took the list in the OP, not all have been played yet this season.

Scottish Player List (playing outside of Scotland) & transfers Screen%252520Shot%2525202015-11-09%252520at%25252022.26.04

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 10 Nov 2015, 5:35 am

Great work Hammer. How do you post spreadsheets onto threads?

Ah cannae dae it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Tue 10 Nov 2015, 7:59 pm

OP updated with Edinburgh's David Denton moving to Bath.

Also, added the other McKenzie kiwi. Brothers Damien (FH/FB for Chiefs) and Marty (FB/WG for Crusaders) are cousins to Robbie Robinson (FB/FH for Toyota Verblitz and formerly of the Chiefs).
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by sensisball Wed 11 Nov 2015, 2:30 pm

I read that Kevin Sinfield was likely to play at 10 for Leeds, currently learning the game from the wise head that is Harry Leonard!

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 11 Nov 2015, 2:36 pm

Forgot about Harry Leonard - hopefully he developes well down in Leeds and comes back to Edinburgh to solve our problems at 10!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next