The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shana Cox switches to Britain

Go down

Shana Cox switches to Britain Empty Shana Cox switches to Britain

Post by lsabre Tue 08 Feb 2011, 2:17 pm

Shana Cox, a former world U20 finalist and a familiar one-lapper on the circuit, looks very likely to compete for Great Britain from the outdoor season as she's through the process of transferring allegiance from the USA. The 26-year-old American, who boasts a PB of 50.84, has dual citizenship as both her parents and her brother are born in Britain and should be a huge boost both in the individual 400m and the long relay team in the forthcoming major championships.

“I have dual citizenship because my parents and brother were born there,’’ she says. “Since most of my family is still in Great Britain, it was a no-brainer for me. I’m in the process of transferring allegiance right now. My plans now are to train through 2013, which will take me through the Olympics and the next World Championships. Then I will decide how much farther I want to take this.’’

Her best last year was 51.42 secs set in Gainsville while she's already run 52.53 secs indoors this season.

http://www.bigten.org/genrel/020711aaa.html

Last edited by lsabre on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Shana Cox switches to Britain Empty Re: Shana Cox switches to Britain

Post by lsabre Sat 12 Feb 2011, 2:48 pm

On the competitive end, incidentally, Shana Cox raced to a big SB of 52.16 secs behind Natasha Hastings's winning 51.44 secs (SB) at the Tyson Invitational in Fayetteville last night. That was a new indoor PB and fourth fastest in the world this term, so that's very good news in terms of her form.

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Tue 15 Feb 2011, 10:46 pm

Shana Cox will be competing over 400m at the UKA Aviva Grand Prix in Birmingham this weekend by the way.

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Tue 22 Feb 2011, 10:53 pm

Well, I've just stumbled over this on PowerOf10, where there is a profile of Shana Cox now. Note that beside nation it states "England"! Any latest development please?

http://www.thepowerof10.info/athletes/profile.aspx?athleteid=371335

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Sat 02 Apr 2011, 8:07 am

Soon-to-represent Britain Shana Cox got her outdoor campaign off to a very promising start as she raced into second place over 400m in a fast opener of 51.46 secs, second fastest in the world at this early stage of the season, on the first day of the Florida Relays yesterday.

That was a mere 0.04 secs off her fastest through the whole of last year as she convincingly saw off former world finalist Mary Wineberg, who set a SB of 51.85 secs in third, while she finished well behind eventual winner Francena McCorory who stormed to a new meeting record and easily fastest time in the world of 50.50 secs.

Shana did not confine herself there as she came back later to take third over 200m in 23.41 secs (1.7m/sec), despite a very poor bend, behind another world-leader of 22.77 secs by Natasha Hastings, the latter's fastest since 2007 as she looks bound to make a big impact on the global stage this season.

Last edited by lsabre on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Mon 04 Apr 2011, 12:34 am

Here's Shana Cox's race in 51.46 secs behind a world-leading time by McCorory in 50.50 secs:

http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/238228-2011-Florida-Relays/video/481663-W-400-H01

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Thu 21 Apr 2011, 4:55 pm

Shana Cox will be eligible to compete for Great Britain from 29 November onwards as IAAF have announced today. However, as of 10 April all performances of hers can be acknowledged as British and can be fully involved in the UK rankings, as well as her marks counting for Olympic qualification purposes next season.

http://www.athleticsweekly.com/news/shana-cox-cleared-to-compete-for-gb/

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down