The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Buglioni beaten easily

+9
Steffan
Derbymanc
TRUSSMAN66
BoxingFan88
Valero's Conscience
rob-glos
AdamT
ONETWOFOREVER
wheelchair1991
13 posters

Go down

Frank Buglioni beaten easily Empty Frank Buglioni beaten easily

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:25 am

Fedor Chudinov beat Frank Buglioni last night live on Boxnation by a unanimous points descision to retain his WBA super middleweight strap. The judges cards were 120-106, 118-108, 117-109.
There was a bit of controversy at the end of the 6th round when Buglioni hit Chudinov with a punch well after the bell had gone to end the round knocking Chidinov down. The ref Terry O Connor deducted two points from Buglioni.
In truth though Buglioni gave his all and showed massive heart but was outclassed from beginning to end. The commentators were saying 'this proves Frank is'nt far away from world level". However to me this showed what many of us predicted, Buglioni was out of his depth and sadly I don't think he will ever belong at world level.

Also tonight Deonty Wilder has retained his title by knocking some French doorman ive never heard of. In fact until i stumbled on the article earlier, i had no clue that fight was tonight.

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Frank Buglioni beaten easily Empty Re: Frank Buglioni beaten easily

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:57 am

Yeah I have always had the feeling that Buglioni would never make world class. Where can he go from here? I see Eubanks Jnr koing him out and Saunders out boxing him.

Frank is a very nice guy but he may have to rethink his career and make some serious adjustments because for me he is not good enough and I can't name a single streghth that he has that can trouble anyone.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:10 am

Did anybody see the Wilder fight?

Was a good tear up.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:15 am

I didnt see it

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:31 am

Thought that Buglioni gave a good account of himself and you can't doubt his heart.

Watching the last 2 rounds through my fingers as I had a horrible feeling that something bad was going to happen. He was so exhausted and taking far too many clean shots.

For me, his corner let him down and shouldn't have let him out after round 10. He was so tired that he didn't have the strength to put Chudinov away and was miles behind.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:19 pm

Feel a bit sorry for Buglioni.

I think it's been painfully clear for some time he is a level or two below world class and can't see him ever reaching it.

He wasn't close to deserving a title shot but not his fault and anyone would jump at the chance as he did.

He showed tremendous heart which will probably be the highlight of his career but being beaten easily by one of the lower ranked champions in boxing should speak volumes.

I agree with rob-glos, his corner let him down and although I know he wouldn't want to be stopped in front of his home fans, that type of fight can shorten careers.

Hopefully he can rebuild but can only see Euro level at best for him so if he only wants to box to be a world champion he should consider his future.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:53 pm

In boxing sometimes you get people who deserve a title shot then don't give it there all and lose and in other instances you get someone who perhaps didn't deserve it, but does there damnedest to win it.

Massive credit to Buglioni, he looked out of his depth at times but kept going and gave a very good account of himself, left it all in the ring and provided a thoroughly entertaining scrap.

As for Chudinov, he won't be going far, too easy to hit and doesn't look like he carries much of a dig.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:07 pm

Good for British boxing..

Not a good thing for every average Brit to win a belt..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:05 pm

To be fair Truss it's not a good thing for the belts to be held by average anybodys Smile

The alphabets really need to start sorting this out though as pretty soon it will just be shots for anybody and you then lose that lustre of the lovable loser getting a shot

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:27 pm

I missed this fight as was watching Wales beat England at Twickenham on the other channel but I knew he would get beaten sooner rather than later. He is still a good fighter though. A change of trainer might help

Haven't seen any of the great American hope Wilder's fight but I heard that French tomato can did well to last until the 11th round

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:31 pm

You just get the feeling that someone in Wilder's Bum of the month club is going to hit pay dirt and beat him
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:35 pm

kingraf wrote:You just get the feeling that someone in Wilder's Bum of the month club is going to hit pay dirt and beat him
Careful what you say about Trusscargo's great American hope. He is a proud American...not sure what he is proud of mind...

But yeah Wilder will continue to fight bum of the month while Fury gets constantly messed about by decent fighters like Haye and Wlad

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:17 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Good for British boxing..

Not a good thing for every average Brit to win a belt..

Fine for every average Yank though I'm sure...... Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:19 am

Seems a nice guy, FB, he just simply isn't that good. Nice sounding name and built up because he's the only half decent guy left in the FW stable pretty much.

Hope he got a decent enough pay day (or least, FW has the decency to pay him) at least.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:24 am

Frank Buglioni makes far too many basic errors to be considered Euro class. He doesn't fight using his size which should be his main strength. He flicks his jab out as a deterent rather then using as a weapon. Keeps his left far too low which means he shifts too much damage. His footwork looks like it has improved but he moves far too much which causes him to gas later on. He hasn't go much ring IQ either. If he claimed the centre of the ring, used his jab to cause damage and set is right up and actually held his left higher he would be a much better fight for it. Obviously he has been brought up on these faults but just doesn't seem to be able to resolve them.

What he has got going for him is decent power with a good chin and alot of heart but that will only take you so far.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:30 am

Hope he doesn't join Hearn...

Hearn has enough deadwood.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Shoe Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:41 pm

Dont think this merits its own thread but Paulie Malignaggi fought in Italy on the weekend and won a easy points decision. Apparently he is going after the EBU European belt or something like that.

Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down