The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama, 14 year old kid, alarm clock.

+7
incontinentia
Dr Shoe
President Trump
TopHat24/7
navyblueshorts
Rowley
ONETWOFOREVER
11 posters

Go down

Obama, 14 year old kid, alarm clock. Empty Obama, 14 year old kid, alarm clock.

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 18 Sep 2015, 7:48 pm

So a 14 year old is given a science project by his teachers. Ahmed Mohamed invented an alarm clock for a school presentation. Pretty harmless so far right? An inqusitive teacher caught a glimps of his alarm clock, got suspicious and called the COPS.

Turns out the teacher paniked and took it for a bomb. Ahmed Mohamed was handcuffed and arrested. Taken to the nearest police station and charged. This case has made noise in the US because of the wrongfull arrest. Mr Mohamad has been invited to the white house by President Obama who tweeted...

Obama tweeted: 'Cool clock, Ahmed. Want to bring it to the White House? We should inspire more kids like you to like science. It's what makes America great.'

and shock horror W people have reacted with anger.

Sarah Palin's daughter tweeted this....

'This is the kind of stuff Obama needs to STAY out of,'

'This encourages more racial strife that is already going on with the "Black Lives Matter" crowd and encourages victimhood.

'The police made a mistake, clearly. But why put more people against them? Why egg it on?

'Childish games like this from our president have divided our country… even more today than when he was elected.'

Stupid police once again dumb as f**k and the President is to blame???

I know Obama has his critics but whats he done wrong? Why do people have to bash the guy so much? Bush never got this kind of hatred.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Obama, 14 year old kid, alarm clock. Empty Re: Obama, 14 year old kid, alarm clock.

Post by Rowley Fri 18 Sep 2015, 7:51 pm

Nothing onetwo. A kid has gone through a traumatic and completely unwarranted experience. Obama has offered him a once in a lifetime experience, nice gesture.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Obama, 14 year old kid, alarm clock. Empty Re: Obama, 14 year old kid, alarm clock.

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 18 Sep 2015, 8:03 pm

Sorry. I sympathise with the boy but the pictures I've seen of what he made would understandably be ambiguous and I can see why the police were called. He was arrested - so what really? He was released without charge wasn't he? Police did their job - the school asked them to attend.
Overblown nonsense as far as I can see. Obama's gesture was just that, a nice gesture.

One thing is for certain though - the Palin clan are as thick as pig sh!t.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 18 Sep 2015, 8:04 pm

Obama, what a legend.

Can only dream of a leader that great this side of the pond....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 18 Sep 2015, 8:07 pm

Why handcuff the kid?

If its a bomb you call in the bomb disposal experts who will determine if it is a bomb. Only in America do the police arrest you before a crime has happened.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 18 Sep 2015, 8:22 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:Sorry. I sympathise with the boy but the pictures I've seen of what he made would understandably be ambiguous and I can see why the police were called. He was arrested - so what really? He was released without charge wasn't he? Police did their job - the school asked them to attend.
Overblown nonsense as far as I can see. Obama's gesture was just that, a nice gesture.

I think it was the typically heavy handed nature of the policing that was the problem (as always in the US).

Plus, I saw the pics, concerning maybe to the uneducated, but that was handed to an electronics/engineering teacher! If he couldn't see it clearly was a clock not a bomb then he should be fooking sacked!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 18 Sep 2015, 8:32 pm

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/irving-police-chief-admits-cops-knew-ahmed-mohamed-didnt-have-a-bomb-when-they-arrested-him/

So according to the police chief, the knew it wasn't a bomb but the arrested him anyway because they took it as a "hoax bomb" and thats illegal, even though he never said it wasn't a bomb picard

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Shoe Fri 18 Sep 2015, 8:42 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Why handcuff the kid?

If its a bomb you call in the bomb disposal experts who will determine if it is a bomb. Only in America do the police arrest you before a crime has happened.
I think that you will find that most countries do.

Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 18 Sep 2015, 8:44 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:Sorry. I sympathise with the boy but the pictures I've seen of what he made would understandably be ambiguous and I can see why the police were called. He was arrested - so what really? He was released without charge wasn't he? Police did their job - the school asked them to attend.

Completely agree, this is one of those rare cases where everyone involved acted appropriately.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 19 Sep 2015, 12:12 am

Think the teacher was being a little thick myself. Bring an invention to school kids, unless it looks like it could possibly be a bomb and your name sounds Muslim. Hope she calls the cops next time the groundsman has a heap of fertiliser
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 19 Sep 2015, 12:20 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Bush never got this kind of hatred.

Why do people take you seriously?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 19 Sep 2015, 12:33 am

Scottrf wrote:

Does anyone...??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 19 Sep 2015, 12:57 am

Scottrf wrote:

Why don't you ask yer missus

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 19 Sep 2015, 1:09 am

Pretty much answers the question......

God knows why he was ever let back on....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 19 Sep 2015, 1:16 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Pretty much answers the question......

God knows why he was ever let back on....

I was never banned in the first place numptz.

I have been on holiday. Unlike you I have a life away from these boards.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sat 19 Sep 2015, 1:29 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Pretending to be a teenage girl?

Or guarding the USA Olympic basketball team?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 19 Sep 2015, 1:35 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Pretending to be a teenage girl?

Or guarding the USA Olympic basketball team?

I did both

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 19 Sep 2015, 2:11 am

You was banned for taking the mick out of some of us with mental health issues, then for taking the mick out of a religious discussion BUT surprisingly on this occasion I agree with you. Whilst the clock looked like a mass of wires in a box (from what i've seen) the fact the bomb squad wasn't called, the school wasn't evacuated and he was left in a room with it on his own tells it's own story.

Also though to be fair to the school, they couldn't be sure and were trying to do the right thing. It's done young Ahmed a load of good though as he's been invited to all the big tech companies and an audience with Obama

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 19 Sep 2015, 6:18 am

Oh, I think he did and he'll be hated for all time.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down