The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Povetkin v Perez

+8
WelshDevilRob
Conor_Mack
spencerclarke
hampo17
Adam D
John Bloody Wayne
Soldier_Of_Fortune
88Chris05
12 posters

Go down

Povetkin v Perez Empty Povetkin v Perez

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 22 May 2015, 8:15 am

Looking forward to this one tonight thumbsup

Povetkin comes in at a career high weight of 232.4 pounds and Perez come in at 240.5 pounds. I've kept a close eye on Perez for a while now and Pre Mago he was a beast. Since then he's seems to have lost that killer instinct somewhat and has had a couple of laboured performances against Takam and Jennings.

Not sure what you can take from the weights but apparently Perez is meant to be in great shape and has now been under the guidance of Robert Garcia for a while now. If Garcia has brought back that pre Mago killer instinct of Perez, I've got a feeling that he is going to pull this off here and beat Povetkin in Russia Shocked Laugh

Thoughts?

Povetkin v Perez Povetkin-perez%20(3)

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Povetkin v Perez Empty Re: Povetkin v Perez

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 22 May 2015, 8:31 am

Been back and forth on this one in my head but eventually settled on Povetkin decision. Perez has talent but not necessarily the application and since Abdulsalamov has gassed badly against Takam and Jennings.

Never been too impressed with Povetkin but I don't think Perez can get him out of there but his last couple of fights have been relatively impressive. Could de a decent fight if Perez is in better shape than in recent outings.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 22 May 2015, 8:38 am

88Chris05 wrote:Been back and forth on this one in my head but eventually settled on Povetkin decision. Perez has talent but not necessarily the application and since Abdulsalamov has gassed badly against Takam and Jennings.

Never been too impressed with Povetkin but I don't think Perez can get him out of there but his last couple of fights have been relatively impressive. Could de a decent fight if Perez is in better shape than in recent outings.

He looks in good shape. He seems to added a bit of muscle since being under Garcia and he is usually a hard task master.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 22 May 2015, 11:41 am

Have to say I would have thought they would have been more comments about this fight.............. Rolling Eyes

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 22 May 2015, 11:56 am

Id be all over it but am moving house today so all of my tentacles are occupied

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 22 May 2015, 12:08 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Id be all over it but am moving house padded cell today so all of my tentacles are occupied

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 May 2015, 12:17 pm

David Haye to beat both...if he signed to fight either of them...which he probably won't

12 round stinker...if Wlad can't get Povetkin out of there, Perez won't either. If Perez does manage it however, they'll big him up as a dangerous challenger for Wlad or Wilder and he'll do frig all if he gets a title shot.

More interested in DeGale/Dirrell and I don't give a f*ck about that fight either

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 22 May 2015, 12:21 pm

If it's not PPV, Mayweather/Pacquiao related, or Matchroom related it doesn't grab much interest sadly SOF.

Can only see a Povetkin win.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 May 2015, 12:27 pm

PaulHv2 wrote:If it's not PPV, Mayweather/Pacquiao related, or Matchroom related it doesn't grab much interest sadly SOF.

Neither of them have set the division alight so what's to say they'll do it now. They're the kind of guys that AJ will be talking about fighting by the middle of next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 22 May 2015, 12:27 pm

Hoping for a Perez win as I think Povetkin has had his chance at the top but not really confident. As mentioned above Perez needs to recover that edge that he unsurprisingly lost from the Abdulsalamov fight.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 22 May 2015, 12:29 pm

Its the boxing section FFS Laugh

I've got a feeling that Perez is going to pull it off....but saying that I think he needs to stop him, he's not getting the decision in Russia.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 22 May 2015, 12:30 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
PaulHv2 wrote:If it's not PPV, Mayweather/Pacquiao related, or Matchroom related it doesn't grab much interest sadly SOF.

Neither of them have set the division alight so what's to say they'll do it now. They're the kind of guys that AJ will be talking about fighting by the middle of next year.

Talking about yes........fighting them though??? censored

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 May 2015, 12:37 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Talking about yes........fighting them though??? censored
Obviously not, whilst he's the hottest talent in World boxing, he's still a novice pro/learning the trade/finding his feet and there's no (financial) sense in jeopardizing his career (my earnings) by trying to run before he can walk.

"Thanks Eddie, now back to Johnny in the studio"

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 22 May 2015, 12:58 pm

Funny when Eddie proclaimed he'd beat Fury now and Fury proceeded to call him out Laugh

Made Eddie look a bit foolish.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Conor_Mack Fri 22 May 2015, 1:18 pm

This should be a good one, hope Perez can pull it off. Been watching him since I first seen him in Prizefighter

Conor_Mack

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 22 May 2015, 1:21 pm

I saw that Perez had been training and sparring in Cork, with a US Heavyweight prospect called Dorsett Barnwell (12-0) and they've certainly put the work in.

Been following Perez' career since he landed in Ireland, and 'The Rebel' is very talented but in recent fights has become the usual Cuban Pro heavyweight - abit lazy.

The Mago fight obviously affected him and it showed in fights against Takam and Jennings - both decent heavyweights. If he's truly focused and up for this Povetkin fight; then I'd pick him but on recent form I'm going for Povetkin.

Alexander Povetkin has scored two excellent KO's over quality heavyweights, in Charr and Takam, and the momentum is with him.

I'm going on form but wouldn't be surprised to see 'The Rebel' do a job on Povetkin.

Cracking bill in Russia.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 22 May 2015, 4:55 pm

Perez one of the most overrated fighters in recent years. It was an awful prizefighter that got people excited. Audley won two of them remember.

Povetkin will win almost every round. Way too smart for Perez

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 22 May 2015, 9:08 pm

That was an annihilation Perez didn't know what to do.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Sun 24 May 2015, 8:58 am

The ref was disgraceful in that fight. Perez was so obviously out in his feet and was completely vulnerable.

I'm all for giving a fighter a chance and hate early stoppages but that was a joke.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 24 May 2015, 10:51 am

Ref was a disgrace should never be allowed to officiate again, Perez could have been seriously hurt. That could have been horrendous if that had been someone nastier than Povetkin.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down