The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extreme Rules Results (yes it really was yesterday)

+6
Samo
Crimey
Hero
TheCelticGarbutt
Prometheus
Fernando
10 posters

Go down

Extreme Rules Results (yes it really was yesterday) Empty Extreme Rules Results (yes it really was yesterday)

Post by Fernando Mon Apr 27 2015, 10:36

The 2015 WWE Extreme Rules Kickoff Pre-show starts with Renee Young welcoming us to Chicago. She's joined by Byron Saxton, Corey Graves and Booker T. They run down the card and we get a "New Day sucks" chant from the crowd already. Renee talks about WWE Intercontinental Champion Daniel Bryan being pulled from the show and hypes Neville vs. Bad News Barrett. They talk about how big of an opportunity Neville has. Booker says the kid is good but he may get some bad news tonight. Booker and Renee send well wishes to Bryan. We go to Tom Phillips in the social media lounge.

- Tom reveals that Kane will be joining him later. We get a video for Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins tonight. Booker predicts Orton, Graves goes with Rollins and Saxton also goes with Orton. Booker calls it the most important match of Rollins' career. We get hype fort he Divas Title match. Eden talks with Naomi backstage. Naomi is confident about leaving with the Divas Title tonight. Naomi says she doesn't like Eden's attitude and is tired of everyone else. She's not going to regret what she does to Nikki Bella tonight. Dean Ambrose comes out to a big pop and takes Saxton's seat on the panel. Ambrose says he didn't come to Chicago to eat deep dish pizza, he came for a Chicago Street Fight and revenge on Luke Harper. Saxton comes back and we get discussion on tonight's Kiss Me Arse match.

- The panel discusses Tough Enough and we see some audition videos. We get a video for tonight's Last Man Standing match. The panel isn't sure how Roman Reigns will be able to keep Big Show down. A huge CM Punk chant breaks out after some more "New Day sucks" chants. We cut to another cryptic promo from Bray Wyatt out of nowhere.

Neville vs. Bad News Barrett

We go to Michael Cole, JBL and Jerry Lawler at ringside. Bad News Barrett is out first. He takes the mic and has some bad news - Daniel Bryan is not medically cleared to compete tonight and it's all because of Barrett. Barrett says Bryan isn't man enough to face him and is terrified of losing the Intercontinental Title. Barrett calls out Neville to take the Bullhammer that was destined for Bryan. Fans pop and out comes Neville. Neville hits the ring and we get NXT chants. They lock up and Barrett goes to a headlock as fans chant for Neville. Neville ends up countering for a 2 count roll up. Barrett takes Neville to the corner and stomps away. Neville flips across the ring and gets another 2 count. Neville sends Barrett to the floor and dropkicks him back off the apron. Neville goes to the apron and Barrett takes his legs out. Barrett tosses Neville into the barrier as we go to a commercial. Back from the break and Barrett has Neville grounded in the ring. Barrett blocks a counter with a big kick to the gut for a 2 count. Barrett lays Neville over the turnbuckles and hits him with forearms. Barrett charges and sends Neville to the mat for another 2 count. Barrett with a huge clothesline and another 2 count. Barrett keeps control and drops Neville into a backbreaker for another pin attempt. Barrett with a headlock now. Neville makes a comeback with kicks. He ducks a clothesline and take Barrett's leg out. Neville with a kick to the head. Barrett goes to the floor and Neville leaps out onto him. Fans chant for NXT as Neville brings it back in the ring. Neville hits a suplex and holds it for a 2 count. Neville looks to go to the top but Barrett cuts him off. Barrett ends up hitting Winds of Change but Neville kicks out at 2. Barrett goes for Wasteland but Neville slides out. More back and forth now. Barrett catches Neville with Wasteland for another close 2 count. Barrett readies for the Bullhammer but Neville ducks and nails an enziguri. Neville goes to the top for Red Arrow but Barrett crotches him. Barrett misses a Bullhammer. Neville lands on his feet from the top and connects with a kick to the head. Neville goes back to the top and hits Red Arrow for the win.

Winner: Neville

- After the match, Neville goes to celebrate as we get replays. JBL calls it the biggest win of Neville's career.

- Tom Phillips is back in the social media lounge with fan questions for Kane but he's not interested in any of them after he gets asked if he's still relevant. Kane says he's too busy for tweets and doesn't have time to be disrespected by Tom or the fans. Kane takes off his mic and storms off. We go back to the panel for discussion on Rusev vs. John Cena. Saxton believes Rusev has the advantage tonight. Graves goes with Cena. Booker gets the crowd hype and they chant his name. That's it for the pre-show.

Dean Ambrose vs Luke Harper

Ambrose whips Harper into the barricade and hits him several times, then Ambrose hits a suicide dive as the bell officially rings. Ambrose whips him into the steps and hits him with a kendo stick, then he sets up some chairs but Harper suplexes him into it. Harper slams him down and tries to use the chair, but Ambrose slams him on the chair and hits a tornado DDT off the ropes. Ambrose connects with a standing elbow drop for two, then Harper chops him and connects with a big boot. Harper picks him up for a powerbomb but Ambrose floats over, then he knocks him outside and goes for a suicide dive. Harper catches him and shoves him, but Ambrose spins on the apron and clotheslines him before beating him with a kendo stick. They head backstage and Ambrose slams Harper into some equipment trunks, then Harper tries to get away and jumps in someone’s truck! Ambrose tries to grab him but Harper peels out with Ambrose in the window, and the commentators try to figure out what to make of things.

Result – Ongoing (?)

Kiss Me Arse
Dolph Ziggler vs Sheamus

Dolph hits Sheamus a few times and sends him outside, then Sheamus whips him into the steps but Dolph jumps up and hits a DDT. Sheamus comes back with some strikes and a headlock, then he blocks a Famouser and hits a powerbomb for two. Sheamus hits him a few times and applies a Cloverleaf, but Dolph counters with a rollup and superkick for two. Sheamus fights back and sets up on the top rope, then hits a backbreaker and a suplex for two. Sheamus calls for a Brogue Kick but Dolph counters with a rollup for two, then Sheamus comes right back with a side slam. Sheamus gets a two count, but Dolph catches with a roll up and gets the surprise win.

Winner – Dolph Ziggler

Sheamus tries to leave but the referees won’t let him, then Dolph mocks him and pulls down his trunks. Dolph hikes his trunks up and tells Sheamus to pucker up, and says Sheamus wanted this, not him. Sheamus tries to get out of it but reluctantly gets down on his knees, but ends up low blowing Dolph instead! Sheamus Brogue Kicks him, then he says he doesn’t want to disappoint anyone and makes Dolph kiss his arse instead!

WWE Tag Team Championship
The New Day (w/ Xavier Woods) vs Tyson Kidd & Cesaro (c)

Kidd armdrags Kofi and gets a backslide for two, then Cesaro and E lock up and Cesaro ends up powerslamming him for two. Cesaro stomps E in the corner, then Kidd tags in and Kofi slams him down. E tags in but Kidd catches him offguard, then Cesaro tags in and hits some uppercuts before hitting a clothesline for two. Kidd gets back in but E tackles him off the apron, then Kofi rolls him in and goes for Trouble In Paradise. Kidd counters and catches him in a Sharpshooter, but Big E runs in and suplexes him when Kofi can’t get to the ropes. Cesaro ends up tagging in and uppercuts E, then he swings Kofi around but Woods jumps on the apron. Nattie slaps Woods as Cesaro clotheslines E outside, but Kofi rolls him up and holds the tights for the win.

Winners and NEW Champions – The New Day

The New Day joins Renee Young backstage to talk about their big win, and Woods says the sun has risen on them. Kofi says it truly is a new day, and Big E screams about how they are the tag team champions.

Dean Ambrose vs Luke Harper

…The SUV from earlier crashes into some equipment during New Day’s interview, then Harper spills out and Ambrose tackles New Day from the roof. He chases Harper into the arena, and they continue to fight down the ramp. Harper kicks Ambrose in the face, then Ambrose hits a rebound clothesline and they both get weapons. Harper slams Ambrose on some chairs, then he throws a bunch of chairs on Ambrose and heads up top. Ambrose knocks him down, then hits Dirty Deeds on the pile of chairs for the win.

Winner – Dean Ambrose

United States Championship (Russian Chain Match)
Rusev (w/ Lana) vs John Cena (c)

Rusev and Cena play tug of war with the chain, then Rusev splashes Cena and touches two corners. Cena gets up but Rusev whips him over the ropes, then he hangs the chain over the top rope and headbutts Cena a few times. Rusev hits him with the chain and knocks him outside, then he whips Cena with the chain and heads up top. Cena pulls him off the turnbuckles and slams him down, then he gets to two turnbuckles before hitting a shoulder tackle.

Rusev comes back with a fallaway slam and a thrust kick, then he hits the turnbuckle as Lana gets on the apron. Rusev screams at her and makes her leave, then Rusev stomps Cena and puts him in the Accolade. Cena breaks it initially but Rusev reapplies it, then Cena deadlifts him and Rusev slams him into the corner. Rusev gets two three corners before Cena slams him down, then Cena gets two corners before he slams Rusev down and gets the final two posts.

Winner – John Cena

Divas Championship
Naomi vs Nikki Bella (c) (w/ Brie Bella)

Naomi hits Nikki a few times and applies a headlock, then she whips Nikki outside and goes after her. Brie goes to check on her sister but Naomi kicks her in the face, then she rolls her in but Nikki catches her with a clothesline. Nikki hits an Alabama Slam, then Naomi comes back with a reverse DDT for two. Naomi sets up for a split-legged moonsault but Nikki rolls away, then she knees Naomi and gets a two count. Naomi gets to the ropes and the ref backs Nikki away, but Brie kicks Naomi behind the ref’s back, and Nikki hits Rack Attack for the win.

Winner – Nikki Bella

Rusev flips out on Lana backstage about losing his match, then storms off. Lana, looking dejected, ends up knocking on a door, which turns out to be The Authority’s office. The deal is Rusev vs Cena - I Quit at Payback

Last Man Standing
Roman Reigns vs Big Show

Show hits Reigns several times and taunts the crowd, then Show whips him into the barricade and slams him down. Show gets a chair but Reigns takes it and hits him a few times, then blocks a chokeslam and slams him through a table with a Samoan drop. Reigns beats the count and Show rolls outside, then he slams Reigns down and heads up top. Reigns crotches him on the ropes and sets two tables up on the floor, but Show throws him back into the ring and heads back up top. Reigns Superman punches him twice and charges back at him, but Show turns and chokeslams him over the ropes through both tables!

Show sets up some of the steps near the commentary table, then he tries to splash Reigns in the corner but Reigns sidesteps and Show goes through the table. Reigns spears Show, then Show rolls outside so Reigns runs full speed around the other side of the ring and spears Show through the barricade! Reigns picks Show up near the table and Show tries to chokeslam him on the steps, but Reigns breaks free and backs away. Show is standing up on the steps as Reigns spears him over one table and through the Spanish commentary table, but Big Show somehow makes it up at the count of seven! Reigns wastes no time and tips the other commentary table on Show, then stands on it and counts as the ref counts Show out.

Winner – Roman Reigns

Bo Dallas comes out and cuts a promo about not getting extreme with the rules, but instead following them. He continues to berate the crowd, then Ryback runs out and hits him with a Meathook and Shell Shocked.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins (c)

Orton hits Rollins in the corner, then Rollins slams him into the corner and stomps him. Rollins slams him into the cage again, then he punches Orton a few times and slams him for another near fall. Rollins tries to escape over the cage wall but Orton cuts him off, then they trade punches on top of the cage and Orton drops down and powerslams him. Rollins superkicks Orton for a two count, then he tries to escape as Mercury and Noble run out to help.

Orton pulls him back in and slams him down, then Kane chases J&J away. Mercury runs around and tries to climb the other side of the cage, but Orton whips Rollins into him and knocks him down. Orton suplexes Rollins and calls for a hangman’s DDT, but Rollins backdrops him and and climbs the other side. Orton connects with a DDT and calls for a RKO, but ends up hitting a Pedigree for two! Orton calls for a punt kick but Rollins sidesteps and hits an enziguiri, then he calls for Kane to open the cage door. Rollins starts towards the door but Orton catches him with a backbreaker, then Orton goes for the door but Kane closes the door!

Rollins dives towards Orton and ends up knocking Kane back, then Orton chokes Rollins and Kane slams the door on them both! Kane loses it and gets in the ring, but Mercury and Noble back him off… only to have him chokeslam them both! Kane targets Rollins for a chokeslam, but turns and ends up chokeslamming Orton… then chokeslams Rollins too! Kane drapes Rollins over Orton, but Orton kicks out, so Kane goes after Orton but Orton RKOs him, then Rollins pops up and RKO’s Orton and crawls out of the cage.

Winner – Seth Rollins

Last edited by Fernando on Mon Apr 27 2015, 10:56; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Extreme Rules Results (yes it really was yesterday) Empty Re: Extreme Rules Results (yes it really was yesterday)

Post by Prometheus Mon Apr 27 2015, 10:48

What did you think of the pre-show, BNB / Neville?

I like how over Neville is already. He's such a great wrestler. And it seems that WWE have got some big plans for him, not only taking the Bryan spot, but also kicking out of 2 of Barrett's finishers.

I thought it was a solid 10 minute TV match, which is probably all you can expect with the little build it got.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Extreme Rules Results (yes it really was yesterday) Empty Re: Extreme Rules Results (yes it really was yesterday)

Post by Fernando Mon Apr 27 2015, 10:57

I have not seen the PPV yet. Can't say i was looking forward sounded like it was just going to be a Sunday Night Raw PPV rather then anything special.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCelticGarbutt Mon Apr 27 2015, 13:25

Ok so from what I have heard the WWE have already announced that it will be Cena vs Rusev III in an "I QUIT" match at Payback in a month.

WHY??

If that was the plan all along why not have Rusev win last night, tie the series up 1-1 and have a decider, Cena will never say I QUIT so it'll be a 3 0 whitewash to Cena - don't get that at all!

TheCelticGarbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon Apr 27 2015, 13:57

TheCelticGarbutt wrote:Ok so from what I have heard the WWE have already announced that it will be Cena vs Rusev III in an "I QUIT" match at Payback in a month.

WHY??

If that was the plan all along why not have Rusev win last night, tie the series up 1-1 and have a decider, Cena will never say I QUIT so it'll be a 3 0 whitewash to Cena - don't get that at all!
Apart from that it's currently 2-1 as Rusev won at FastLane.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCelticGarbutt Mon Apr 27 2015, 14:00

Hero wrote:
TheCelticGarbutt wrote:Ok so from what I have heard the WWE have already announced that it will be Cena vs Rusev III in an "I QUIT" match at Payback in a month.

WHY??

Apart from that it's currently 2-1 as Rusev won at FastLane.

Fair enough, can see how much attention I have been paying  Shocked , I still think a Russian chain match was designed more to be Rusev's gimmick match, then the "I QUIT" would of been Cena's.

TheCelticGarbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon Apr 27 2015, 14:42

I totally get people losing count on the Rusev / Cena matches. It is hardly a series that we'll be having DVDs of in 10 years time and IMO they should have finished the story at Mania. Rusev arrived in a tank at Mania, you are not going to top that.

This match was poor. And I just think that Rusev has been far too exposed now in his program with Cena, just as Wyatt was last year. WWE IMO has done a really bad job at making and keeping its wrestlers strong in the last year. It's why they have such a large and mostly interchangeable mid-card and very few wrestlers who are ready to main event.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Apr 27 2015, 14:51

What a boring, boring pay per view.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Apr 27 2015, 16:00

I think overall the PPV exceeded my expectations, but they were set so low I dont think that says much. All the matches were fine in their own right, but there was little to no story telling over the night.

I would have held off Ambrose vs Harpers return until AFTER the main event, that just would have been funny.

Believe it or not, I would award match of the night to Reigns and Big Show. I dont generally like Last Man Standing matches, as I think the 10 count takes the drama away, but they did a good job, and both guys looked strong, especially Reigns.

I dont like Naomis new music. I do like her new boots.

All in all, it feels like a lot of missed opportunities. Like I said the storytelling was almost completely absent from this PPV, nothing was really advanced in anyway, no new questions opened up, nothing. I havent felt this uninterested in the product in a long time.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon Apr 27 2015, 16:04

Samo wrote:I think overall the PPV exceeded my expectations, but they were set so low I dont think that says much.  All the matches were fine in their own right, but there was little to no story telling over the night.

I would have held off Ambrose vs Harpers return until AFTER the main event, that just would have been funny.

Believe it or not, I would award match of the night to Reigns and Big Show.  I dont generally like Last Man Standing matches, as I think the 10 count takes the drama away, but they did a good job, and both guys looked strong, especially Reigns.

I dont like Naomis new music.  I do like her new boots.

All in all, it feels like a lot of missed opportunities.  Like I said the storytelling was almost completely absent from this PPV, nothing was really advanced in anyway, no new questions opened up, nothing.  I havent felt this uninterested in the product in a long time.

I think it sums up a PPV when one of your highlights is a diva's new pair of boots.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Apr 27 2015, 16:05

Hero wrote:

I think it sums up a PPV when one of your highlights is a diva's new pair of boots.

To be fair they are pretty cool boots. They changed colour and everything.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon Apr 27 2015, 16:27

I prefer Brimstone's.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon Apr 27 2015, 16:34

Samo wrote:I think overall the PPV exceeded my expectations, but they were set so low I dont think that says much.  All the matches were fine in their own right, but there was little to no story telling over the night.

I think it was very much a holding PPV in terms of story lines. Not enough time lapsed after Mania for much to move forwards and also we have Payback just 3 weeks away. I find that a really crazy short time, just 3 weeks to the next PPV. I'm really surprised that with such a short time they are squeezing in this KotR tournament, I'd have let it run over the next episodes of Raw and had the final in Payback, this just seems a rush of "oh the free April is running out, quick do something else on the Network".

I'm okay with stories not being tied up if you have a great set of matches. And we didn't. This was IMO very much a C+ of a PPV. What I think hurts most is that only Reigns IMO comes out of this stronger than he went in, and you could say that the bar was still low for him. But, all WWE's upper mid-card heels Sheamus, Barrett, Rusev and Harper lost. And none of those really has a deep feeling of credibility to me. So, when you have the next baby face rising up the card, who are they going to beat to get to Rollins and Lesnar and look convincing on that path? Kane, I guess.....
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Apr 27 2015, 18:29

I thought the RKO was banned?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Apr 27 2015, 18:39

kingraf wrote:I thought the RKO was banned?

Yeah they were arguing about this on air. Apparently Orton was banned from using it only on Rollins. Or something. It was stupid.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon Apr 27 2015, 20:00

According to F4Wonline.com, WWE has been planning on bringing back the King of the Ring tournament for more than a week.

Wow more than a week, see us cynics thought they did things on the fly.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Apr 27 2015, 20:03

Keep telling you they keep reading my WWA shows dammit Laugh

1) I split the Wyatt Family 3 days later it happened
2) I made a KOTR tournament and now this happened after a week 

#Conspiracy
#ImWWECreativeStaff
#MoreLateChequesThenTNA'sStaff

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon Apr 27 2015, 20:26

That cant be true Nando.

Nobody reads your shows Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Apr 27 2015, 20:27

I wouldn't either if i had the choice...Whistle Still better then what you & E.D wrote Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Apr 27 2015, 20:51

Reading WWE's twitter timeline, you'd swear the ending of the main event was a teaser for tonight's episode of Raw. I wonder, with the network inching towards 1.5 million monthly subscribers and that being more and more the financial stream the E are depending on - will PPVs become more and more about trying to keep subscribers (ie less about resolutions, and more about "tune in for next week's episode of Raw... and the Network exclusive something or other")?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon Apr 27 2015, 21:02

kingraf wrote:Reading WWE's twitter timeline, you'd swear the ending of the main event was a teaser for tonight's episode of Raw. I wonder, with the network inching towards 1.5 million monthly subscribers and that being more and more the financial stream the E are depending on - will PPVs become more and more about trying to keep subscribers (ie less about resolutions,  and more about "tune in for next week's episode of Raw... and the Network exclusive something or other")?
I don't understand your reasoning. The last numbers I heard were 1.3M subscribers, and WWE needs a monthly average of 1.1M paying customers over the year to make money. So, it is hardly in a comfort zone. So, they still need to make their PPV offering more than a "Sunday Raw" to keep the 9.99s coming in every month. Obviously WWE are trying to balance the TV and network income streams, but if it becomes a cycle of one teasing the other and neither having a pay-off, I think they will lose viewers of both.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon Apr 27 2015, 21:12

Fernando wrote:I wouldn't either if i had the choice...Whistle Still better then what you & E.D wrote Whistle

We both know what Electric Demon and I wrote was the single greatest event in WWA history Extreme Rules Results (yes it really was yesterday) 3559488474

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Apr 27 2015, 21:27

My reasoning is simple - PPVs being more geared towards teasing network exclusive content. It's a natural progression once PPV drops the first P. They then become exercises in attracting casual viewers to the network.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Apr 27 2015, 23:56

Funny, thought it was a decent PPV. First hour was top quality, Cena match was very slowly, Big Show and Reigns pulled out a better match than I thought they could have by a long, long way, and the PPV ended with what I think was very clever booking. The RKO confusion was brilliantly done.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Apr 28 2015, 02:36

kingraf wrote:My reasoning is simple - PPVs being more geared towards teasing network exclusive content. It's a natural progression once PPV drops the first P. They then become exercises in attracting casual viewers to the network.

So they just become Per Views now?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Apr 28 2015, 08:18

Maybe just views?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Apr 28 2015, 21:14

Poor PPV. Highlights were ...

Naomi's bum gets better by the week. 
The Tag title match. 
Reigns spear on big show. 
I didn't watch it live until 4am

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri May 01 2015, 19:44

I watched this again.  Yeah, I know.  But I was tired when I watched it, so I thought I'd give it a 2nd chance.

1. Ambrose / Harper
This was heading to a 3*+ match before they drove off, I can kind of see what they were doing there and watching it back it was fun, but it really hurt the flow of the match and not much happened when they came back.  Harper IMO is the best big man in WWE currently and I could watch Ambrose wrestle the whole PPV.  As it is a solid 2.5*.

2. Ziggler / Sheamus
I hate the stipulation, but respect it gave the two a reason to go all out.  If I wanted to explain WWE style and thinking to an alien, I'd probably show them this match.  The ending of the match felt a bit rushed, but I guess the feud will go on.  3*

3. New Day / Cesaro & Kidd
They wanted to put this on the pre-show!  The wrestlers were into it, the crowd was into it, I was into it.  Big E I love, and he just literally threw himself into this.  I wish that from the teased swing, to Kofi on the top rope, to the backbreaker they have gone to the swing rather than backbreaker the crowd woiuld have loved that.  4*

4. Rusev / Cena
I couldn't get into this at all.  I don't like the gimmick.  I thought it was all very pedestrian and really brought out the weaknesses in both competitors.  2*

5. Some Divas, I just don't care enough to even bother who
This started off terribly, with far too many rest holds.  But it picked up pace nicely.  2*

6. Big Show / Roman Reigns
Reigns looks tiny.  No wonder the Chicago crowd are cheering him, they probably think he's Daniel Bryan.  And having Reigns being the one who brought out all the toys, again very smart for this crowd.  Show worked the crowd and worked.  And there is a small cynical voice in me that wonders if they toned down the rest of the card to make this one look better.  Not just MotN, but the best work Show has done for years.  4*

7. Orton / Rollins
This was so much better than their WM bout.  There's a legit 4+* match in these guys, just a shame they overbooked this and there was never any doubt of the winner.  3*

Overall.  I found this much better on replay than I did on first watching.  I'd give it a solid B rating.  To say this was a Sunday night episode of Raw does it a disservice, but I can't imagine it being a PPV we will remember next year.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri May 01 2015, 22:19

Glad you agree with me on the Reigns match. Its also good to see a smart crowd like Chicago getting behing him. Some smart booking and he's on his way.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat May 02 2015, 00:02

I think the tag match was match of the night. There was so much in it, all gold. Character, wrestling, spots but believeable and also not "athletic" spots. Cesaro catching Big E and not even looking a little bit like it was a struggle. Xavier Woods is gold outside the ring, he could probably main event on the mic.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sat May 02 2015, 21:13

Yes Dolph, I gave both matches 4*. I think the Reigns / Show bout was a bit more memorable. But I'm not going to argue with anyone that goes for the tag bout was their favourite.

And I think that is a standard level for WWE PPVs these days. A couple of 4*s then mostly 3s. The roster is deep enough that we don't get duds, just a shame we sometimes know they can still do better than they do.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down