The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Rollins a new finisher

+6
Hero
JoshSansom
Samo
Fernando
nadeem2099
Prometheus
10 posters

Go down

Get Rollins a new finisher Empty Get Rollins a new finisher

Post by Prometheus Tue 14 Apr 2015, 12:20

The curb stomp was great, it can still be great. But as WWE champion Rollins needs more. I was watching some of the Attitude Era Raws that WWE put up on their Network yesterday, with Ken Shamrock in, and I came to the conclusion that the ankle-lock could suit Rollins.

As a heel, I think it allows Rollins to work on the opponents ankle during a match, e.g. wrap it round the ring post. It is a move that can be applied with pure aggression to try to snap an opponent's bones. And I think the visual really works as you can get a clear look at the faces of both men.

Just a thought of something that WWE could recycle and I think would fit well to Rollins' character.

Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Get Rollins a new finisher Empty Re: Get Rollins a new finisher

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 14 Apr 2015, 14:58

Doesn't Jack Swagger already do the ankle lock though?
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 14 Apr 2015, 14:59

Surely if going to set up for a Curbstomp maybe a Crossface or Dragon Sleeper would be more suitable.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 14 Apr 2015, 15:01

nadeem2099 wrote:Doesn't Jack Swagger already do the ankle lock though?

I'd forgotten all about Jack Swagger when I wrote that. What a fall he's had in the last year from the over Real Americans to being the person Rusev beats up when he has nothing else to do. But good point!
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 14 Apr 2015, 18:18

I like the idea of giving him a submission move, but I dont think he has the size to pull off a move like a crossface or an STF and make it look legit, but at the same time it shouldnt be something boring like an Armbar.

Maybe something like a Dragon Clutch or a Guillotine Choke.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 15 Apr 2015, 21:47

I like the Curb Stomp... it is easy to set up in a number of ways, looks vicious and can be delivered to any size of opponent.

I think it can be a move with a similar impact for him as the RKO is for Orton, synonymous with his style.

I would eventually add in a top rope variant for shock / big match factor, a recognised top rope move if/when he turns face and also some kind of DDT variant to deliver in an impactful fashion.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 15 Apr 2015, 22:17

how about a MMA style Guillotine or Rear Naked Choke?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed 15 Apr 2015, 22:57

JoshSansom wrote:I would eventually add in a top rope variant for shock / big match factor, a recognised top rope move if/when he turns face and also some kind of DDT variant to deliver in an impactful fashion.

Wait until you seem him pull out the Phoenix Splash!

The RKO reference is really spot on though, an instant strike that can fit into almost any match structure against any sized opponent. Now moving onto submissions, the Crossface is a great call and it's about time it was brought back into a WWE. Size really is irrelevant to apply the hold

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Thu 16 Apr 2015, 10:25

He'd do well with the armbreaker thing that Pentagon Jr uses in Lucha Underground

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 16 Apr 2015, 10:38

I don't really think a submission move fits with his character, I could see DeanAmbrose using the Crossface or a Chicken Wing and being all wild when he does.

I really like the Curb Stomp, in reality its quite a brutal thing to do to someone and its a move he can hit on absolutely anyone which helps no end

I think he could add another finisher from the top rope due to his natural athleticism but I don't think its a big issue for now

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 16 Apr 2015, 10:39

The_Enigma wrote:
JoshSansom wrote:I would eventually add in a top rope variant for shock / big match factor, a recognised top rope move if/when he turns face and also some kind of DDT variant to deliver in an impactful fashion.

Wait until you seem him pull out the Phoenix Splash!

The RKO reference is really spot on though, an instant strike that can fit into almost any match structure against any sized opponent. Now moving onto submissions, the Crossface is a great call and it's about time it was brought back into a WWE. Size really is irrelevant to apply the hold

Didn't he pull it out at the Rumble? It felt like Cena was the other side of the ring when he went for it, so I was thinking that it would only be a tease. I agree that it is a complete face move though, so I'd be happy with him keeping it in his pocket for now.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 16 Apr 2015, 11:56

Im sure he hit it at the Rumble. Gives me an excuse to go back and watch it again.

The curb stomp only works as a finisher for me when he's working with someone who knows how to sell it. IE not Cena.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 16 Apr 2015, 14:36

The chicken wing suits Ambrose more than anyone since Backlund. Would be perfect

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 16 Apr 2015, 18:53

Kay Fabe wrote:I don't really think a submission move fits with his character, I could see DeanAmbrose using the Crossface or a Chicken Wing and being all wild when he does.

I really like the Curb Stomp, in reality its quite a brutal thing to do to someone and its a move he can hit on absolutely anyone which helps no end

I think he could add another finisher from the top rope due to his natural athleticism but I don't think its a big issue for now

We are totally on the same page there Fabe!! Very Happy Cool

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down