The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miguel Cotto vs Daniel Geale - June 6th

+5
Soldier_Of_Fortune
88Chris05
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TRUSSMAN66
mobilemaster8
9 posters

Go down

Miguel Cotto vs Daniel Geale - June 6th Empty Miguel Cotto vs Daniel Geale - June 6th

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 13 Apr 2015, 11:06 pm

Fight all but confirmed according to reports. Is this a good fight for Miguel? Is it a good opponent? How do we see it going?

I'm going for Cotto UD in a matchup that is slightly debatable with the scoring.

Surely a fight with GGG would have been both more lucrative in terms of finances and popularity???

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Miguel Cotto vs Daniel Geale - June 6th Empty Re: Miguel Cotto vs Daniel Geale - June 6th

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 13 Apr 2015, 11:09 pm

Voluntary.....why not..

No worse than Monroe

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Miguel Cotto vs Daniel Geale - June 6th Empty Re: Miguel Cotto vs Daniel Geale - June 6th

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 13 Apr 2015, 11:12 pm

I think Geale is a good middleweight, one of the best and should be a very good and dangerous test for cotto if has a lot left in the tank

But its a very odd fight to make at this moment. Geale is a good fighter as i said and a legit middleweight but atm hes know for losing to the solid but unspectacular darren barker and getting destroyed by GGG in 3 rounds

Geale couldnt take GGG's power and didnt want to continue, maybe he doesnt have the fire anymore ir maybe GGG just was that much better and geale knew it so saved himself for another day, a day like june 6th

High risk low reward kind of fight, think Cotto may regret turning down the canelo fight if this goes pear shaped

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 13 Apr 2015, 11:12 pm

True truss....been a while since his last outing and fighting a decent fighter who is fairly big at middle.

Hopefully it sets up a sept scrap for GGG and Cotto fingers crossed

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 13 Apr 2015, 11:13 pm

Yeh well put Champo completely agree mate

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 14 Apr 2015, 12:11 am

Sources say this is at a catchweight of 157

Cotto is a joke, bet he actually thinks he's the middleweight king

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 14 Apr 2015, 12:45 am

I'm still intrigued as to how flattered (if at all) Cotto was by Martinez's injury last year. Maybe he's not even sure himself, hence this fight. Is he really an effective performer at 160, or did the fact that Martinez was decrepit and washed up just make him look like one? In theory Geale shouldn't have a chance here but for the reasons I've just listed I'll be watching this, even though I'd hoped Cotto would come up with a better first defence.

I didn't see Geale's last fight against Fletcher, but he's a fighter I quite like. His hand speed is better than a lot of people give him credit for and he can put together good combinations when the mood takes him, makes you work at a high pace and he's a spiteful body puncher as well. He almost got Barker out of there with his body punching and he knocked the wind out of Sturm a couple of times with it, too - if he can test the smaller Cotto in that area then it could be interesting.

Cotto's the more skilled operator and probably fancies this one on the basis of how hittable Geale is coupled with the fact that he's not the most mobile of fighters going at 160, but if Geale doesn't struggle with Cotto's power then I think there's actually a possibility that Cotto could end up in a spot of bother here, albeit I doubt many will agree.

In the context of who should be getting a shot at the 'proper' Middleweight title it's a disappointing announcement, but given the uncertainty I still hold when it comes to Cotto as a Middleweight I can't help but feel a bit intrigued by it. Cotto starts favourite but it's not a forgone conclusion, for me.

Hope the catchweight thing proves to be a rumour, mind you!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 14 Apr 2015, 7:30 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Voluntary.....why not..

No worse than Monroe

So that makes it alright then???

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 14 Apr 2015, 7:49 am

If this is a catchweight then I've lost all respect for Miguel and I won't watch this fight or any other the guy is a complete diva

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 14 Apr 2015, 7:59 am

Am sure it will compared to some historical fight fought at a catchweight which will make it alright.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 14 Apr 2015, 9:07 am

Bum fight.

Some people happy to slate Geale when he's getting beat by Barker and GGG, but now it's an acceptable fight...... Rolling Eyes

Cotto is a joke champ that beat a cripple and now is doing the classic North American trick of not wanting to take on his greatest challengers, just rack up a retirement fund.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 14 Apr 2015, 9:12 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Am sure it will compared to some historical fight fought at a catchweight which will make it alright.

Yeh, but, Rocky Fielding.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 14 Apr 2015, 9:13 am

If it's at a catchweight then it's a shocking fight. If your supposed to be THE champion at least fight at the bloody weight.

Hope Geale swats him aside.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Apr 2015, 9:18 am

You don't really want Geale as middle champ do you Derby..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 14 Apr 2015, 9:21 am

So Cotto swerves a big fight with Canelo/GGG and faces a guy who got smashed in 3 rounds by Triple G.

Whats going on ?

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 14 Apr 2015, 9:23 am

I like Geale so a bit biased in that respect but i'd rather anyone was champ than Cotto.
Don't mind Catchweights but not when a titles on the line.
If you want to hold the belt at a weight then defend at the weight.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 14 Apr 2015, 9:23 am

Derbymanc wrote:If it's at a catchweight then it's a shocking fight. If your supposed to be THE champion at least fight at the bloody weight.

Hope Geale swats him aside.

Truss will inevitably defend as otherwise it discredits Floyd as 'THE' LMW champ.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Apr 2015, 9:25 am

Rodney wrote:So Cotto swerves a big fight with Canelo/GGG and faces a guy who got smashed in 3 rounds by Triple G.

Whats going on ?

Cheers, Rodders

Who beat Barker's sloppy seconds..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 14 Apr 2015, 9:32 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Rodney wrote:So Cotto swerves a big fight with Canelo/GGG and faces a guy who got smashed in 3 rounds by Triple G.

Whats going on ?

Cheers, Rodders

Who beat Barker's sloppy seconds..

How many sloppy seconds have Pacquaio and Mayweather beat must be about 95% of their winning record, silly statement.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 14 Apr 2015, 9:46 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Am sure it will compared to some historical fight fought at a catchweight which will make it alright.

Yeh, but, Rocky Fielding.....

Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 14 Apr 2015, 9:47 am

Imagine Geale wins (which he very well could) and becomes middleweight king. GGG will be like "huh?"

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 14 Apr 2015, 9:50 am

Not sure who I'd prefer out of Heiland or Geale.  Geale does have height, reach  advantage and is obvs the natural bigger man.

If it is fought at 157 Cotto should be forced to vacate.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Apr 2015, 9:51 am

hazharrison wrote:Imagine Geale wins (which he very well could) and becomes middleweight king. GGG will be like "huh?"

Be linear champ won't he ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 14 Apr 2015, 9:53 am

Certainly will, then will proceed to run from GGG like the plague.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Apr 2015, 10:01 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Certainly will, then will proceed to run from GGG like the plague.

Eddie has missed a trick with Kell Brook....................First off he should get him citizenship with an Eastern European Country.....Then he wants to make derisory offers to the best fighters around... so when they say NO !!!!!

He can fight crap forever and all the suckers will like it !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down