The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would anybody pay for Campbell v Coyle ???

+8
Soldier_Of_Fortune
wheelchair1991
Hammersmith harrier
jimdig
Rodney
Derbymanc
Coxy001
TRUSSMAN66
12 posters

Go down

Would anybody pay for Campbell v Coyle  ??? Empty Would anybody pay for Campbell v Coyle ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:01 am

Apparently it's a stadium fight !!!....Super fight for the City of Hull..I imagine that the attendance will be bigger than Clev-Bellew......

Was Cleverly - Bellew 2 a PPV fight ??............

Imagine old Eddie is thinking about stuffing a Quigg defence, A Callum Smith world title eliminator and a stiff for Joshua on the card and hoping to sell £16 worth of Saturday night entertainment....

Could be wrong................But If I'm not..... Are you shelling out ??...................Or are you making a stand !!

Good luck to you either way..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Would anybody pay for Campbell v Coyle  ??? Empty Re: Would anybody pay for Campbell v Coyle ???

Post by Guest Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:04 am

On the weekend's showing, it's Campbell inside six rounds. It's a big local fight, a decent trade fight but nothing more. There's f*ck all to do in Hull so they may as well pay to watch two lads beat each other up before going to the pub and beating up strangers/people they vaguely recall beating up the previous weekend.

Back to top Go down

Would anybody pay for Campbell v Coyle  ??? Empty Re: Would anybody pay for Campbell v Coyle ???

Post by Coxy001 Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:07 am

Wouldn't pay for it and would be a travesty if it were on PPV.

Campbell smacks him silly, it isn't even competitive in my eyes. Coyle will grit his teeth and probably be saved by the ref whilst still on his feet due to being too brave for his own good.

Think a Hatton vs Thaxton sort of fight regarding the levels each guy are on.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:09 am

Would massively depend on the undercard but on the showing of Clev/Bellew then nope wouldn't pay a penny.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:16 am

Derbymanc wrote:Would massively depend on the undercard but on the showing of Clev/Bellew then nope wouldn't pay a penny.

Undercard would be something like this

Quigg vs Top 10 ranked opponent from Syria
Callum Smith fighting an eliminator for the vacant eliminator sliver eliminator championship of eliminations
Anthony Joshua vs Scott Welch
Jamie Mcdonnell vs 36 year old south american.

Sky needs taking off air for some of these shows, thankfully its Kovalev vs Pascal this week and not the Hearn monopoly show channel.

Cheers, Rodders

Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:17 am

Derbymanc wrote:Would massively depend on the undercard but on the showing of Clev/Bellew then nope wouldn't pay a penny.

Elaborate on this derby.........

Give us an idea on what would be sufficient for you to purchase.....Undercard wise.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:26 am

Think the only way SKY/Hearn can spin this PPV Truss, is if they put it on the same night Pacquaio v Mayweather.. I have a feeling that won't stop them though and I'm awaiting for Coyle and Campbell to have a falling out soon and all of a sudden a grudge match.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:35 am

It's a stadium fight due to locality, it's never ppv. But then Campbell has danced on that dancing show, so maybe Eddie risks it.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:41 am

Maybe they could have Steve Bruce and Gus Poyet on the undercard

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:43 am

DAVE667 wrote:Maybe they could have Steve Bruce and Gus Poyet on the undercard

Is there a weight division for Steve Bruce ?

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:44 am

Scott Quigg, vs decent opponent,
Degale,
etc etc.

has to be a bunch of 50/50 fights for me to pay for it.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Mar 2015, 11:16 am

Whilst Frampton looms...............Quigg and 50/50 don't live on the same street...

I imagine in the old days a Brit winning and defending his World title four times would be enough to make you great...

Maybe Quigg is great already....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 09 Mar 2015, 11:17 am

The undercard would have to be more interesting than the main event, if they weren't both from Hull we wouldn't even be talking about this fight as an option. We'd probably want Campbell taking on better fighters to be honest.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Mar 2015, 11:20 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The undercard would have to be more interesting than the main event, if they weren't both from Hull we wouldn't even be talking about this fight as an option. We'd probably want Campbell taking on better fighters to be honest.

A guy nearly being banged out by the limited Gethin.......Being banged out by Matthews and going life and death with a tough but not much else Argentinian....... headlining a PPV ??................Really would be the end of civilisation as we know it..

It's not even a grudge match..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 09 Mar 2015, 11:29 am

It's the way of the world now unfortunately Truss, hopefully though America is starting to yank back on the PPV overload they started with their show at the weekend, that will then (again hpoefully) trickle to the UK.

Making you great all depends on who you face and who you defend against. Alas don't think there's many real greats anymore as it's too easy to avoid your nearest rival.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Mar 2015, 11:35 am

Derbymanc wrote:It's the way of the world now unfortunately Truss, hopefully though America is starting to yank back on the PPV overload they started with their show at the weekend, that will then (again hpoefully) trickle to the UK.

Making you great all depends on who you face and who you defend against.

You're wrong guys like Calzaghe and Louis had great longevity without ever beating great fighters...........

They were great in my book..

If you don't think some of these modern fighters are great then there is not much hope for you..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 09 Mar 2015, 11:38 am

Guess that's how it is then Truss, I prefer to watch a 50/50 fight than some 'great' plodding to victory cause 'issue's prevent him facing his nearest rival.

Except the Klit's as not wanting to beat up on a family member is a pretty decent excuse (especially siblings)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 09 Mar 2015, 12:15 pm

If Sky put this on ppv it would be a shambles, however after cleverly v bellew 2 i'm not sure what sky thinks is a ppv anymore

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Mar 2015, 12:24 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:If Sky put this on ppv it would be a shambles, however after cleverly v bellew 2 i'm not sure what sky thinks is a ppv anymore

A lot of people were saying Clev-Bellew was a shambles....and that it was a waste of money........

Plenty of people on here bought that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 09 Mar 2015, 12:26 pm

Did the numbers ever come out for that PPV? haven't heard anything about it being a flop which in the long run is bad for us all.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Mar 2015, 12:36 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Did the numbers ever come out for that PPV? haven't heard anything about it being a flop which in the long run is bad for us all.

I said at the time the Clev-Bellew show was a pivotal moment for the uK fan........

Hearn was gambling that chucking names at the consumer regardless of the competitiveness of their fights could sell a show..

Apparently he won his gamble...........

No one on here would be surprised to see this PPV..............and If Hearn deems it thus... His backside kissers Smith and Halling will be pulling out all the stops in persuading those weak of mind..............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 09 Mar 2015, 12:46 pm

Said the same Truss, biggest problem is that it was a really poor show so would those that got burnt the first time do it again?

For me as stated above it would have to have some decent fighters and have some 50/50 fights on the bill (although i'll likely be back at work so get it for nowt)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 09 Mar 2015, 1:38 pm

I did not buy the last ppv and if this was a ppv i would not buy it, Eddie might put loads of 'names' on the card to make it ppv however i cannot see it because Froch might be back by the summer, brook will probebly be facing Marquez in the summer assuming he gets past Dan. Both Froch and Brook will probebly be ppv so i cant see sky having 3 PPV's in a short space of time

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 09 Mar 2015, 2:07 pm

Not a chance!!!! And I bought Bellew v Cleverly II picard

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 09 Mar 2015, 3:51 pm

No.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon 09 Mar 2015, 5:08 pm

Hell no! I like both of them but it's no bigger than the 'Manchester derby' between Crolla and Murray a little while back.

I don't see it being PPV, mind. Hopefully the Bellew Clev debacle killed off the domestic PPV model. Should have retrospectively titled it 'Can't punch, won't punch'.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 09 Mar 2015, 5:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:The undercard would have to be more interesting than the main event, if they weren't both from Hull we wouldn't even be talking about this fight as an option. We'd probably want Campbell taking on better fighters to be honest.

A guy nearly being banged out by the limited Gethin.......Being banged out by Matthews and going life and death with a tough but not much else Argentinian....... headlining a PPV ??................Really would be the end of civilisation as we know it..

It's not even a grudge match..

yet

I heard campbell once smiled at coyle's sister. It's payback time. Start stocking up on strawberries.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 09 Mar 2015, 8:04 pm

Dont think even Hearn could get ppv mileage out of this one.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down