The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judgement Day III - 25th of April 2015

+9
Luckless Pedestrian
PenfroPete
Higher_Ground
The Saint
bedfordwelsh
GavinDragon
wayne
maestegmafia
Cardiff Dave
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Judgement Day III - 25th of April 2015 Empty Judgement Day III - 25th of April 2015

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jan 2015, 8:08 pm

Blues vs Ospreys
Dragons vs Scarlets

Tickets are now priced at £10 each, £10 for 2 games of Rugby at the Millennium Stadium in order to try and boost attendances which dropped last year to 30000 from 38000.

I think its a very good deal, and it looks like they might be trying to target the students as well to boost the attendances, it could well be a good turnout.

Back to top Go down

Judgement Day III - 25th of April 2015 Empty Re: Judgement Day III - 25th of April 2015

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 19 Jan 2015, 8:37 pm

Meh x III = Meh.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Judgement Day III - 25th of April 2015 Empty Re: Judgement Day III - 25th of April 2015

Post by maestegmafia Mon 19 Jan 2015, 9:07 pm

Should be a good day out

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Mon 19 Jan 2015, 9:15 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Should be a good day out
It has been the last 2 years Maes, and I know 3 others will be going as usual.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Tue 20 Jan 2015, 6:20 am

I think it is a great effort from all concerned with the pricing and a move to the Saturday

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 20 Jan 2015, 7:02 am

I have always said its a good idea and went last year and had good day, what I can't understand (also happens at the London Double Header) is that some people only go to 'their' game rather than just enjoying the second game as a neutral.

Its a pity that we can't arrange this for the nearest Saturday to St Davids Day but then a lot of the Welsh players would be involved due to 6 Nation commitments also I think when it is played a lot of emphasis should be put on the Regions to make sure all the big names play where possible. That way we will see the head to head we want to see.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 20 Jan 2015, 9:19 am

Good news for everyone bar Dave.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Higher_Ground Tue 20 Jan 2015, 9:36 am

I can't imagine anyone thinking that getting to see both regional derbies for a tenner is a bad thing?
Unless you're a super sceptic plum who wears a tinfoil hat to bed, so the WRU can't invade your dreams that is.
Why cut off your nose to spite your tinfoil covered face?

Higher_Ground

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 20 Jan 2015, 10:19 am

Higher_Ground wrote:I can't imagine anyone thinking that getting to see both regional derbies for a tenner is a bad thing?
Unless you're a super sceptic plum who wears a tinfoil hat to bed, so the WRU can't invade your dreams that is.
HG, normally I have a lift with my brother in law and have a round trip of about 40 miles to practically every home game, when we played the Dragons, just over a week ago, I caught a bus from Ogmore Vale to Bridgend was going by train to Swansea, because of work on the line coaches were laid on, after arriving in Swansea, caught a local bus to the Liberty, after the match did the return in the same fashion, except for my wife picking me up in Bridgend as the buses to the valley had stopped, I'm registered as disabled, and I'd do that journey every week to support my Region. Dave wouldn't even go to the Cardiff City Stadium, 2 miles from his original home venue, that says it all for me.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 20 Jan 2015, 12:07 pm

wayne wrote:
Higher_Ground wrote:I can't imagine anyone thinking that getting to see both regional derbies for a tenner is a bad thing?
HG, normally I have a lift with my brother in law and have a round trip of about 40 miles to practically every home game, when we played the Dragons, just over a week ago, I caught a bus from Ogmore Vale to Bridgend was going by train to Swansea, because of work on the line coaches were laid on, after arriving in Swansea, caught a local bus to the Liberty, after the match did the return in the same fashion, except for my wife picking me up in Bridgend as the buses to the valley had stopped, I'm registered as disabled, and I'd do that journey every week to support my Region. Dave wouldn't even go to the Cardiff City Stadium, 2 miles from his original home venue, that says it all for me.

Attended many games at CCS. As a ST holder too btw.
Anyway, down with Dave etc.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 20 Jan 2015, 12:10 pm

Well at least they’ve moved in to a Saturday. Last year’s was on Easter blydi Sunday – always good for public transport !!

Unfortunately, this season it’s also the last day of regular season fixtures in the :-

PREMIERSHIP
Bedwas v  Neath
Cardiff v  Ebbw Vale
Carmarthen Quins v  Pontypridd
Cross Keys v  Bridgend
Llanelli v  Llandovery
Newport v  Aberavon

CHAMPIONSHIP
Bargoed v  Merthyr
Blackwood v  Cardiff Met
Glynneath v  Swansea
Llanharan v  Newbridge
Narberth v  Tata Steel
RGC 1404 v  Pontypool
Tondu v  Bridgend Athletic

May well go, but hope the atmosphere is better than last year – flat as a witches ***.
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 20 Jan 2015, 7:00 pm

Put it this way, I believe it would be a far better experience and more profitable for the Drags (in the long run too) if they hosted the Terks at Rodders, charged £20 a ticket and let all U16s in for nowt. No doubt the place would be jam-packed and would look great on the telly.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jan 2015, 7:17 pm

Would you want to watch two derbies though really? You watch the first one (if you're a fan) and no matter the result, you're not going to be too bothered about the second after being so emotionally involved in the first and for the second one, you'd probably want to get oiled up somewhere a bit better than the Stadium. I'm sure it's lovely for Ospreys and Scarlets supporters, but it doesn't benefit Dragons supporters on the whole at all. In my case, though it is easier to get to Cardiff than Newport from Risca, I'd soon rather be stood on an atmospheric Hazell Terrace than sat in a stadium suffering manufactured atmosphere and air horns and the like.

Ah well, it is what it is. It's also here for five more years, so might as well get used to it, even if I don't attend it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 22 Jan 2015, 8:02 am

Roger Lewis wrote:These matches have the real potential to become part of the folklore of Welsh rugby year on year, talked about in clubs and pubs throughout the land for years to come.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/rugby/latest/11734627.Judgement_Day_confirmed_for_Millennium_Stadium/

Doesn't he ever get tired of talking bullocks?

Also, I'm not too impressed with the Argus running what's clearly a WRU-written advertisement as if it's a news article.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu 22 Jan 2015, 9:54 am

I like Judgement Day. For just a tenner you'd hope they'd get a decent increase in fans. Also it not being on sunday is a massive plus. The WRU could really promote this hard through the six nations. I've watched both games both times and i don't think it's too much rugby. I'm not a casual though. They could address the food and drink prices for these games. Even if it is just cheaper pop and snacks for the kids. Parents get a raw deal at the MS and that needs to be sorted as it prevents families from attending.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 22 Jan 2015, 11:58 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Roger Lewis wrote:These matches have the real potential to become part of the folklore of Welsh rugby year on year, talked about in clubs and pubs throughout the land for years to come.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/rugby/latest/11734627.Judgement_Day_confirmed_for_Millennium_Stadium/

Also, I'm not too impressed with the Argus running what's clearly a WRU-written advertisement as if it's a news article.

"The event already has a magnificent following amongst Welsh rugby fans"
WTF ? Does this man never stop talking Bos Taurus effluent ?  Is that what his honorary degrees are in ?

Last edited by PenfroPete on Thu 22 Jan 2015, 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jan 2015, 12:51 pm

Bought my tickets last night, can't go wrong for £10 each for 2 games of Rugby at the MS. Hopefully there'll be a good turnout.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 22 Jan 2015, 5:01 pm

I will definitely be going, so will my brother and so will my old man. The girls can enjoy a day out at the shops and we can enjoy a whole day of rugby and some light refreshments. Dinner first though, we will probably go to the cavery in Whitchurch. I am looking forward to this just as much as I am looking forward to the 6N.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 22 Jan 2015, 6:06 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I will definitely be going, so will my brother and so will my old man. The girls can enjoy a day out at the shops and we can enjoy a whole day of rugby and some light refreshments. Dinner first though, we will probably go to the cavery in Whitchurch. I am looking forward to this just as much as I am looking forward to the 6N.

Dan yr Ogof? Very Happy

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 22 Jan 2015, 7:07 pm

Wish the 4 pro sides would grow some.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 22 Jan 2015, 7:48 pm

wayne wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Should be a good day out
It has been the last 2 years Maes, and I know 3 others will be going as usual.

Have to ask - will they be bringing three dogs with them? Smile
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 22 Jan 2015, 7:55 pm

PenfroPete wrote:

"The event already has a magnificent following amongst Welsh rugby fans"
WTF ? Does this man never stop talking Bos Taurus effluent ?  Is what what his honorary degrees are in ?

WTF indeed yet the 4 pro sides don't say nowt though.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 22 Jan 2015, 8:38 pm

IronMike wrote:Bought my tickets last night, can't go wrong for £10 each for 2 games of Rugby at the MS. Hopefully there'll be a good turnout.

The Drags have.
Could have sold out Dave at £20 a ticket (kids free) plus they'd have shifted biblical amounts of beer, fast food, pop and merch. Kerching!!! Rodder's staff would've made a few quid too. Done right, i'm sure new punters would be eager to return for more of the same.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jan 2015, 8:57 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:I will definitely be going, so will my brother and so will my old man. The girls can enjoy a day out at the shops and we can enjoy a whole day of rugby and some light refreshments. Dinner first though, we will probably go to the cavery in Whitchurch. I am looking forward to this just as much as I am looking forward to the 6N.

Dan yr Ogof? Very Happy

Hollybush or Toby Carvery maybe?

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 23 Jan 2015, 5:21 am

Lewis is nothing but a wanna politician and speaks with a politicians tongue so anything that comes out of his mouth is full of spin and a load of bollards.

I have been to judgement day for the past 2 years and have been to the London double header a fair few times as well and if we can grow it to that level (theirs was poorly attended at first) of attendance then it will be a great day out.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 23 Jan 2015, 7:20 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:

Dan yr Ogof? Very Happy

I hear the bat is delicious.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 23 Jan 2015, 8:08 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:

Dan yr Ogof? Very Happy

Blydi auto spell, carvery you sarcky git. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 23 Jan 2015, 8:12 am

IronMike wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Dan yr Ogof? Very Happy

Hollybush or Toby Carvery maybe?

Yes the Hollybush is one of may favourites. But I do like the Toby cavery oposite the Tescos express as well. The thing is, not many people know about the Holybush and it is more pub like if you know what I mean. Ale

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:58 am

IronMike wrote:Hopefully there'll be a good turnout.

I doubt it. Considering rumours that the Cardiff season ticket holders have been allocated the lower tier. Why on earth would you tun up to that if you were a ST holder? I'd probably boycott it in protest.

Pretty much sums up the state of affairs.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:05 pm

I thought terrace people were getting lower tier, with people who get stand tickets getting middle tier?

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:10 pm

Risca Rev wrote:I thought terrace people were getting lower tier, with people who get stand tickets getting middle tier?

Quite possibly. But for a season ticket holder to get lower tier beggars belief.

Are they trying to drive people away?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:12 pm

Isn't it a sit where you like policy once in the ground it was last year
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:21 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Isn't it a sit where you like policy once in the ground it was last year

If you want to pay for a ticket you get the unallocated seating yes. But you get this game counted in your season ticket if you are Blues or Dragons supporters. It appears that some season ticket holders will get a far worse view than away supporters. Which can't be right can it?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:28 pm

I agree it isn't right and we should all be middle tier. I found it quite amusing to see a Cardiff supporter seemingly moaning about other things, when they have to go all of ten metres next door.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:33 pm

I am going, and I do not care where I sit, two games for a tenner, come on, and there isn't really a bad seat in the MS anyway.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:35 pm

Risca Rev wrote:I agree it isn't right and we should all be middle tier. I found it quite amusing to see a Cardiff supporter seemingly moaning about other things, when they have to go all of ten metres next door.

Spectacularly missing the point.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:40 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I am going, and I do not care where I sit, two games for a tenner, come on, and there isn't really a bad seat in the MS anyway.

You're going as an Ospreys fan, so would have no cause for complaint anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:43 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:I agree it isn't right and we should all be middle tier. I found it quite amusing to see a Cardiff supporter seemingly moaning about other things, when they have to go all of ten metres next door.

Spectacularly missing the point.

I'm sure these same guys would've complained loads too, had we moved our CC quarter to the MS.

What's the point?

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:44 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:I am going, and I do not care where I sit, two games for a tenner, come on, and there isn't really a bad seat in the MS anyway.

You're going as an Ospreys fan, so would have no cause for complaint anyway.

I am going as a rugby fan, I am getting two games for a tenner, and seriously, there is not a bad seat in the MS.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:46 pm

There's a few. You go in certain parts of the lower tier and you get an obscured view due to the middle tier above. You go in some parts of the upper tier and it's not the best of views.

You're predominately an Ospreys supporter now. As I said, you would have no reason to complain.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:50 pm

Risca Rev wrote:There's a few. You go in certain parts of the lower tier and you get an obscured view due to the middle tier above. You go in some parts of the upper tier and it's not the best of views.

You're predominately an Ospreys supporter now. As I said, you would have no reason to complain.

Well, if you do not like it do not go, just watch it on the tele. Nobody is forcing you to go, I think these kinds of events are meant to try and encourage more fans to support the regions, so the more fans that go, there might be more fans who will end up supporting a region afterwards, you cannot complain about support, then complain when the WRU do things to try and raise the interest in Wales.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:53 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:There's a few. You go in certain parts of the lower tier and you get an obscured view due to the middle tier above. You go in some parts of the upper tier and it's not the best of views.

Well, if you do not like it do not go, just watch it on the tele. Nobody is forcing you to go, I think these kinds of events are meant to try and encourage more fans to support the regions, so the more fans that go, there might be more fans who will end up supporting a region afterwards, you cannot complain about support, then complain when the WRU do things to try and raise the interest in Wales.

Which is fine. But the reason I have highlighted the problem with ticketing above, is that the unrest will cause Blues fans not to attend and then the media and other regional detractors will use it as a stick to beat the regions with.

"Can't even half fill the Mill stadium at a tenner a ticket"

Is what we'll hear. Avoiding the real reasons behind the crowd number.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:05 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Very simplistic view as an away supporter. That's all well and good saying that, if the Scarlets and your team are the home team.

How am I not being forced to go? I'd lose the equivalent of £10 and a game off my season ticket.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:07 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Which is fine. But the reason I have highlighted the problem with ticketing above, is that the unrest will cause Blues fans not to attend and then the media and other regional detractors will use it as a stick to beat the regions with.

"Can't even half fill the Mill stadium at a tenner a ticket"

Is what we'll hear. Avoiding the real reasons behind the crowd number.

I understand what you are saying chunk, but I had a very long winded ding dong with people like risca about the support for the regions on another thread, the hardened fan cannot have it all his own way, the seating in the MS is not as bad as any other national stadium in the UK so there is not realy a bad seat in there, so if people want more fans to come and watch their teams, then sometimes a little bit of give and take is needed by them as well.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:09 pm

The lower tier is dreadful in my opinion.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:15 pm

Risca Rev wrote:How am I not being forced to go? I'd lose the equivalent of £10 and a game off my season ticket.

Risca, I understand that, and I sympathise for you, seriously I do, but first things first, I go to watch Cardiff Blues more than any other region, so I am not an Ospreys supporter, I am a welsh rugby supporter, but the sacrifice you make, which is going to watch your team in Cardiff instead of Newport, which only Newport Gwent Dragons and Scarlets are making, which I agree is unfair as well, is for the long term support of the regions, there will be more people going to those games in April for a tenner, than there would be if the games were played in their rightful grounds, now, it might just be, that if Newport Gwent Dragons turn the Scarlets over on that day, with a good show of rugby, the following game at Newport might have a few of those fans from the MS at Rodney Parade, which is a long term exorcise to get more fans at the regions.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:18 pm

Yes the lower tier is dreadful.

Yes a bit of give and take. Such as your chosen region and the Scarlets giving up a home game every other season.

I personally couldn't care less about attracting new fans to the detriment of annoying the current loyal ones. As I said Dowlais, you have a very simplistic view on this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:19 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:How am I not being forced to go? I'd lose the equivalent of £10 and a game off my season ticket.

Risca, I understand that, and I sympathise for you, seriously I do, but first things first, I go to watch Cardiff Blues more than any other region, so I am not an Ospreys supporter, I am a welsh rugby supporter, but the sacrifice you make, which is going to watch your team in Cardiff instead of Newport, which only Newport Gwent Dragons and Scarlets are making, which I agree is unfair as well, is for the long term support of the regions, there will be more people going to those games in April for a tenner, than there would be if the games were played in their rightful grounds, now, it might just be, that if Newport Gwent Dragons turn the Scarlets over on that day, with a good show of rugby, the following game at Newport might have a few of those fans from the MS at Rodney Parade, which is a long term exorcise to get more fans at the regions.

What sacrifice are the Scarlets making? They have to travel ten less miles. Oh the hardship.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:24 pm

Risca Rev wrote:What sacrifice are the Scarlets making? They have to travel ten less miles. Oh the hardship.

Oh, ok then just Newport Gwent Dragons, anyway, I would have thought that your team would make more money out of this event than if it was played at Rodney Parade.

Also, how can you complain about attendances, then complain about events like this that are intended to boost attendances for the regions ? It's not as if people who go to Newport have to travel 500 miles, and then 500 more to go and watch their region.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:32 pm

Why should Dragons give two hoots about boosting any other region's attendances? Your ignorance is staggering.

Where have I complained about attendances? Is that a lie, much like the one where you said most people on the Rodney Parade terraces still believe they are Newport?

You must stop this, or back up your wild claims/lies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next