The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feast or Fired spoilers

+3
Samo
DrDeath
Adam D
7 posters

Go down

Feast or Fired spoilers Empty Feast or Fired spoilers

Post by Adam D Fri 09 Jan 2015, 9:10 am

Do not read on if you dont want the upcoming Impact tapings spoiled!

***********Spoilers*************

In one of the upcoming episodes taped last night, there was a feast or fired match.

For those who have not seen this type of match, there are four briefcases hanging from poles in the corners, and multi man match where you can grab one

In the briefcases are a tag shot, X Division shot, World Shot and a termination of contract.

A bit of background on the show to the winners:

Robbie E got a case after Velvet Sky got it down for him. Velvet is Bully Rays real life girlfriend who has left on poor terms

Aries won a case after losing the X Division on his first defence to Low Ki on next weeks show. His contract is also rumoured to be up

Magnus won a case. He has recently been disparaging about his title run in the press and seems to have a little heat backstage due to it. Also recently had a baby with Mickie James.

Spud won the other case.

So who gets what?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Feast or Fired spoilers Empty Re: Feast or Fired spoilers

Post by DrDeath Fri 09 Jan 2015, 10:24 am

Cheerio Robbie E

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 09 Jan 2015, 10:27 am

DrDeath wrote:Cheerio Robbie E

Never going to happen.

He made it to the final of a US reality show with Brooke which got a lot of mainstream coverage (The Amazing Race), so they are trying to cash in on him at the moment.

He might have the briefcase and somehow give it to Velvet to open and hence she gets fired but no way Robbie is leaving TNA at the moment. He has also been incredibly loyal - he is always the one that does the UK press tours for example.

I think that if the above doesn't play out (Velvet going), I can unfortunately see it being Magnus or Aries (and legitimately their contracts not being renewed as with Chavo last time)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 09 Jan 2015, 11:13 am

I doubt Spud is going for the world title, but he's in a decent thing with EC3. He could win the X case and feud with EC3 for it.

If Robbie E isnt going anywhere right now, but wont be near the World title. So Tag for him.

Coin toss for Aries and Magnus. Aries is the better of the two but after seeing the success AJ, Daniels and Kaz are having in the indy scene might make him think the grass is greener.

Magnus's reign was a bomb, but it wasnt his fault. Everyone was pleased he made it but it was booked all wrong. They could give him a second shot.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri 09 Jan 2015, 5:00 pm

How many episodes have TNA taped now? Was the first show live? I'm kind of out of the loop as to what's going on with their schedule.

Going to mix things up a bit and predict that Magnus will be fired (So he can take a break until creative has something new) Aries will get the Tag-Team title, Robbie E will get the X-Division shot leaving Spud with the World Title Shot which will quickly be taken away from him.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 28 Jan 2015, 8:47 pm

I thought the Feast or Fired match itself was going to be exciting like a ladder match. It wasn't.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 28 Jan 2015, 9:16 pm

It was an awful match to be fair. Not tnas of eat moment in the ring.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 28 Jan 2015, 9:31 pm

It was a shame because I've not seen that match before and the concept captured my interest. But the actual match was just very poor, especially as I was expecting something more like one of the old TNA X-Division matches.

I thought they got some things right in this episode. So, they got straight into a match, there was a lot of in-ring action and there was some development with the BDC. But there was a lot wrong in the implementation of the above. Most of the matches were poor, I really didn't give a damn about EC3 and JB, and they absolutely wasted the ForF all the way through the show.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:01 pm

Tna really does seem a waste of space

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDeath Thu 29 Jan 2015, 10:43 am

Unlike WWE which is utter tosh at the moment!

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:16 pm

Yeah, the FoF match was pretty poor as a wrestling spectacle. More of a free-for-all with little coherence.

That said, the outcomes were pretty interesting, if not entirely surprising.

Was actually surprised Spud got the X Division title shot. He's still on the small side even for that but at least it beats watching him get used as a punch bag by Tyrus and EC3.

Bit of a sideways move for Magnus, going back to the Tag Team division. Think he could form a great pairing with Bram (though he looked decidedly peed off with Magnus after the match, so maybe someone else?)

Aries getting the Heavyweight shot wasn't so surprising and at least we know he can compete and look convincing, even against bigger guys.

Robbie E was hilarious after finding he got the "Fired!" briefcase. Didn't know Velvet Sky's contract was up, but it was a novel way of letting someone go, using the fact she actually got the briefcase for him, to get her fired. Sad to see her go, but I guess she wants to be able to spend more time with Bully.

So at least FoF served its purpose of setting up some new storylines.

Thought the rest of the show was pretty good too. Liked the way whatsisface (Boot Camp winner) got involved in the EC3 / JB match, helping out Spud at the same time. Got some great moves on him, that lad. Just wish I could remember his name.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 29 Jan 2015, 4:18 pm

You are right about Robbie and Velvet Sky. It was both funny and I really liked the way it put Robbie over as a weasel who'd find any way to save his own skin. So often, wrestling portrays its own wrestlers as so stupid that there is no wonder that non-fans must think those who watch wrestling are just as daft. Take for example, Lashley going outside. The whole world knows that there will be a BDC beat down. Okay if Lashley says to Angle come and watch my back, but just blundering in crosses the line of your face being brave into your face just lacking any nous whatsoever.

IMO Hardy was the pick of the bunch for the 2nd week in a row.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 30 Jan 2015, 2:14 pm

Well it wouldn't be TNA / Impact if there wasn't at least one daft moment. Wink

Agree it didn't make Angle look very clever, but its not like he has an alliance of his own to call on at the moment. He's trying to get Roode on side but Bobby has his own issues with EY at the moment.

Matt Hardy looks a solid wrestler, though not as acrobatic as his brother and looks a bit of a copycat when he uses the Twist of Fate. Other than that quite watchable.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 30 Jan 2015, 2:37 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:looks a bit of a copycat when he uses the Twist of Fate.

Which is ironic because it was Matts move first.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down