The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Head 2 Heads

5 posters

Go down

Interesting Head 2 Heads Empty Interesting Head 2 Heads

Post by CAS Wed 05 Nov 2014, 5:05 pm

There have been a few match ups over recent times that I have always found interesting, was going to name a few then allow others to chime in with some of their own they have noticed.

Berdych vs Murray 6-4

why does Berdych have a good record against Murray but such an abysmal record against Nadal (18-3) and Djokovic (16-2)? now of course people will say Novak and Rafa are just better players but it seems a bit too much of a swing to me? What is it that makes it so hard for Berdych against Novak and Rafa but not Andy? Similar can be said of Roger as well, who struggles against the Czech more than Novak and Rafa do.

Tsonga vs Murray 2-10

However, if you look at Tsongas H2H with Novak (13-6) and Nadal (8-3) he seems to be able to make more of an impression on them than Berdych does, ironically his record with Murray is (10-2) even worse than against Novak and Rafa. Why does Tsonga struggle even more with Murray than he does Novak and Rafa?

I always find it intriguing what small margins change match ups, why does Tsonga do better against Novak and Rafa than Berdych but does so badly against Murray where Berdych excels?

Any other strange or intriguing head 2 heads anyone else can think of?

CAS

Back to top Go down

Interesting Head 2 Heads Empty Re: Interesting Head 2 Heads

Post by Johnyjeep Wed 05 Nov 2014, 5:31 pm

Granollers vs Simon! HAs anyone ever watched one of these matches? I once did for about 10 minutes and wanted to die (I saw 2 points in those 5 minutes).

Apologies CAS if this diverts the thread away from where you want it go. Please delete it if so.

Johnyjeep

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Wed 05 Nov 2014, 6:30 pm

well with Granollers having a 4-1 advantage I guess that qualifies! Seppi vs Monaco puts me to sleep

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 05 Nov 2014, 9:18 pm

I suppose you could look at Ferrer's H2H against Nadal/Murray (it's ok against them, not sure about Djokovic though) but then look at his record v Federer. Also, Davydenko v Nadal.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:24 pm

For those wanting to check out the Ferrer v Federer H2H, I refer you to my Federer 1,000 post which also shows how a large number of others have fared against Fed.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Fri 07 Nov 2014, 1:03 pm

With Berdych vs Murray compared to vs Djoko, Murray doesn't take away time from the big man that Djoko does. He hogs that baseline, takes the ball earlier never allowing banana berd brain to settle and wind up. Also I think his length is worse than Djoko's, which is a big difference.

With Nadal I just don't think he consistently handles the spin well despite his 6'5 frame.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down