The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rocky Fielding - Has Hearn lost all faith in him ??

+5
Dipper Brown
Strongback
Hammersmith harrier
88Chris05
TRUSSMAN66
9 posters

Go down

Rocky Fielding - Has Hearn lost all faith in him ?? Empty Rocky Fielding - Has Hearn lost all faith in him ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Oct 2014, 12:59 pm

There was a time when he was streets ahead of Callum Smith as the upcoming Man..........His career has gone so far back over the last year his next opponent could conceivably be Davy Crockett.........

Never hear Hearn talking about him...............Never gets any build up.............and Callum Smith who's been a pro half the time never stops being chucked on Ringside or decent bills with plenty of exposure..along with his brother who's lost more times than I've hot dinners..

Seems to me Hearn can't be bothered with the guy and has lost all faith in him.....

and I can see why to be honest..........

Do us all a favor Fielding....P**s or get off the Pot !!..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Rocky Fielding - Has Hearn lost all faith in him ?? Empty Re: Rocky Fielding - Has Hearn lost all faith in him ??

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 31 Oct 2014, 1:54 pm

I see what you're saying about getting off the pot, Truss, but in fairness to Fielding if he is an afterthought to Hearn now his hands may be a little tied.

I don't think it'll be lost on Hearn that there is some 'bad blood' between Fielding and the Smith brothers so I'm sure soon enough Hearn will be giving Fielding his moment in the sun. He can't be too far off the famed eliminator now, can he? If Fielding keeps winning, even if it's on undercards against average opponents, he should still get a WBO shot or the Smith fight with Eddie's guidance somewhere down the line.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Rocky Fielding - Has Hearn lost all faith in him ?? Empty Re: Rocky Fielding - Has Hearn lost all faith in him ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Oct 2014, 2:11 pm

I think Hearn must be tired of him..........He's unbeaten and fairly marketable....

Maybe that disaster on the scales a a fight or two back has stretched Hearn's patience.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 31 Oct 2014, 2:16 pm

He's fifth or sixth in the pecking order as far as British 168lbers go so it's no real surprise there isn't a massive fanfare around him.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Oct 2014, 2:29 pm

That's irrelevant............He was ahead of Paul Smith and his then unknown brother at one stage in both being heralded as the future and higher up the ladder.......and now he's yesterday's Man..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 31 Oct 2014, 2:34 pm

It's not irrelevant when it's the reality of now, things change and Callum Smith has been taking opponents out early which makes him more fan friendly.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 31 Oct 2014, 2:46 pm

Every time Eddie is asked about Calum v Fielding he ducks the question. He simply does not want to sacrifice one of the fighters, on current form that would probably be Fielding.

No excuse for not moving Fielding along a different path to Callum.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 31 Oct 2014, 3:01 pm

That surprises me. Surely it's difficult to promote 4 fighters in the 168 division. I expected Fielding to be (as Strongback puts it) sacrificed to Callum. Callum seems a far bigger prospect and Fielding's scalp, in a big Liverpool derby could propel him onwards.

Easier than trying to keep everyone happy.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 31 Oct 2014, 3:23 pm

I actually think Eddie is trying to do right by Fielding but hasn't had him in enough competitive fights.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 31 Oct 2014, 3:55 pm

You trying to goad me Truss Laugh

Rocky has recently had hand surgery and he ist out until early 2015, which is way he hasnt fough since Gonzales and isn't on this bumper card.

The reason why Smiths are getting more billing is because of the whole Smith Bro's + Joe Gallagher connection. Plus Callum can actually fight a bit. Plus have you our Rocky give an interview Laugh Just imagine a 15min segment on Ringside!

Rocky is too dangerous for Hearn to throw him in with his golden boy Callum, but if nothing comes of this Paul's supposed world title rematch, Rocky v Paul will happen in the summer. Rocky and Paul arent seeing eye to eye at the moment, especially since Paul offered to fight Rocky's non boxing brother in a car park before he was put in his place.

Calm before the storm............

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Oct 2014, 3:57 pm

Shouldn't Fielding be his goldenboy too ???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 31 Oct 2014, 4:14 pm

If he was training under Joe a was bit more media savy he probably would be. You know how it works.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Oct 2014, 4:19 pm

Hasn't got the talent in Hearn's opinion....

and he doesn't know what to do with him..

Callum Smith is his preferred option, Degale and then Paul Smith..

Hearn seems to rate Callum as the best of the bunch........

He does look the business................at the moment.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 31 Oct 2014, 4:32 pm

Why you been speaking to Eddie recently?

He's had a broken hand since the Gonzales fight and has had surgery. Hence why he hasn't been mentioned recently.

Paul is a fight away from retirement, Abraham or Rocky.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Oct 2014, 4:34 pm

You were right Soldier.............

I only wrote this thread for you !! Cool Cool thumbsup thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 31 Oct 2014, 4:43 pm

Thanks mate Hug

Killed some of my last hour in work anyway. PS Rocky KO Paul Smith Jnr thumbsup

Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Oct 2014, 4:44 pm

You were a good sport !! thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 31 Oct 2014, 4:51 pm

There will be a fair amount of posturing between Degale, Smith and Fielding awaiting the retirement of Froch who doesn't appear willing to fight anyone other than Chavez. Once Froch has moved on that will open the division up a fair bit with both the IBF and regular WBA titles up for grabs at which point any fights between the trio will be bigger. Add in Groves who Sauerland will probably look to cash in on in big domestic scraps.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Fri 31 Oct 2014, 7:03 pm

Only 2 days ago I tweeted him and asked when he is back , he replyed still injured at th moment training and punching with only his right hand hopes to be fighting feb/march

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 31 Oct 2014, 7:28 pm

Its pathetic that he a Callum Smith has deliberately been kept apart.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco_Marky - Stuffington Sat 01 Nov 2014, 8:57 am

I don't think Fielding helped himself by practically begging Smith to vacate his British title so he could fight for it. He looked like a petrified little boy and no doubt Hearn seen this in him. Why put a fighter who is clearly scared of another in the same ring. No point.

He's also not the most charismatic guy, looks flabby and has shown his professionalism to be lacking. Not a lot to like in my view.

Marco_Marky - Stuffington

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down