The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Eubank Jr - Smart to pull out ??

+20
hazharrison
Strongback
alanqlm
3fingers
catchweight
Mayweathers cellmate
superflyweight
milkyboy
DuransHorse
Rowley
rob-glos
trottb
ONETWOFOREVER
jimdig
TopHat24/7
88Chris05
wheelchair1991
AdamT
hampo17
TRUSSMAN66
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chris Eubank Jr - Smart to pull out ?? Empty Chris Eubank Jr - Smart to pull out ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:57 am

Yes we all wanted to see this.....But does the fact it was a decent payday and profile raising fight...Take away from the fact the kid had never been in with anybody remotely near Saunders talent (We aren't talking heavyweight stiffs here)

Despite the fact some on here gave him a shout he was a big underdog....

Yep he could come again but I have the feeling he's a bully and a "Confidence" fighter !!

Obviously his Dad could be a problem for him with his ego...and at the moment his reputation is a little damaged...

But maybe pulling out is the smart call.....

However much we wanted to see him trashed..

We'll see..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Chris Eubank Jr - Smart to pull out ?? Empty Re: Chris Eubank Jr - Smart to pull out ??

Post by hampo17 Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:59 am

17 fights and he hasn't fought anybody who has come to win. Says it all about Eubank JR for me.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chris Eubank Jr - Smart to pull out ?? Empty Re: Chris Eubank Jr - Smart to pull out ??

Post by AdamT Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:03 am

He is better than Mayweather according to his dad

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:04 am

Yeah his dad reckons he is the best fighter alive

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:05 am

How much is his Dad pulling the strings is the question....A huge ego could leave his Son promotionally out in the cold...

Mcguigan / Frampton may be a problem too....Barry has a diamond and he fought Cabrera and Cruz back to back and moaned he was mismanaged...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:09 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:How much is his Dad pulling the strings is the question....A huge ego could leave his Son promotionally out in the cold...

Mcguigan / Frampton may be a problem too....Barry has a diamond and he fought Cabrera and Cruz back to back and moaned he was mismanaged...

Frampton may have to do a Hatton. Hatton Broke away from Frank to chase bigger fights.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:16 am

Interesting what Warren said about Ray and Ricky Hatton....That If he'd dealt with Ricky instead of his Dad things may have been different....

Very few Father/son relationships work...Only one I know of was the Rossman family..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:46 am

Struggle to see any real positives that come from Jr pulling out, really, and don't think it's a smart move, either - Saunders looks likely to contest the WBO title in the coming months now, whereas Jr will almost inevitably return to fighting journeymen in mismatches.

No doubt him and his old man will go back to goading "Billy (Average) Joe Saunders" in the post-fight interviews, but given the fact that he's refused to take the fight without providing any kind of reason so far, and also that Saunders looks to be moving on to bigger and better things, his credibility is going to take a bit of hit.

Avoiding a very possible defeat to Saunders so he can go back to beating unranked opposition might be a smart move for his own ego and allow him to keep his bragging going for a bit longer, but nobody outside of himself and his family should really care about that or applaud it.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:47 am

Not done him any favours IMO.

He's DeGale and this is his Groves fight, IMO. (tho pre-fight odds reversed)

DeGale stalled but a few years later still appears to have a title shot lined up, so not all bad.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:55 am

He can move to matchroom and become a ppv star.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:56 am

He never pulled out.

Warren and Jbs never really wanted the fight but want it to seem like they do so they send a contract and a deadline to sign it.

Sorry it does not work like that. You think Eubanks jnr is reading these things? Ha

his representatives will do all the reading and explain the small print afterwards. These people are lawyers not fight fans they do whats best for thier client.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 02 Oct 2014, 12:07 pm

Fight was still there to be taken and he didn't. Simple as that.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 02 Oct 2014, 12:09 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:He never pulled out.

Warren and Jbs never really wanted the fight but want it to seem like they do so they send a contract and a deadline to sign it.

Sorry it does not work like that. You think Eubanks jnr is reading these things? Ha

his representatives will do all the reading and explain the small print afterwards. These people are lawyers not fight fans they do whats best for thier client.

So the guy who wanted the fight was the one that declined the contract and the one that sent said contract didn't want it...

It must be an interesting world that you live in.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 02 Oct 2014, 12:09 pm

A world full of tin-foil hats and lizard people........

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 Oct 2014, 12:13 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Fight was still there to be taken and he didn't. Simple as that.

Maybe thats ok for parking lot scraps but not in the pro league.

Warren sends a contract for a fight one presumes would be huge and he attaches a deadline to it. A deadline covering a few hours. If Warren really wanted the fight he would conduct himself better then this. It all looks as if BJS was trying to rush things through automatically putting Eubanks jnr on the back foot, no way to do buisness. Eubanks was entitled to refuse and Warren could have extended the deadline.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Thu 02 Oct 2014, 12:29 pm

He didn't give him a deadline of a few hours....

The contract was with Eubank Jr for weeks (according to Frank on the day of the press conference)... They put the 5pm deadline on because they'd got to the press conference and still not had the contract signed and Eubank Jr didn't turn up!

Eubank Jr himself had tweeted the fight poster the week previous so it was obviously agreed, Warren said there was a verbal agreement with Eubank Sr. (not worth the paper it's not written on)

Anyway...

It now seems that BJS-Korobov for the vacant WBO is off and the WBO president has said that Top Rank and Frank Warren have asked for Andy Lee vs Korobov to be considered for that belt. I assume the idea being Lee wins and the first defense is a mandatory against Saunders.

Also, I suspect this means that the Eubank fight is back in the frame as otherwise it would seem a bit stupid to not take the shot now when Korobov was happy to fight in England.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:11 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Fight was still there to be taken and he didn't. Simple as that.

Maybe thats ok for parking lot scraps but not in the pro league.

Warren sends a contract for a fight one presumes would be huge and he attaches a deadline to it. A deadline covering a few hours. If Warren really wanted the fight he would conduct himself better then this. It all looks as if BJS was trying to rush things through automatically putting Eubanks jnr on the back foot, no way to do buisness. Eubanks was entitled to refuse and Warren could have extended the deadline.

You boy doesn't want it, just accept reality.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:21 pm

I am not willing to throw Eubank under the bus solely on the say of Frank. From what I believe Eubank is free of his boxnation contract in one fights time. My understanding is he wanted a fight free of options or that ties him to Warren/Boxnation should he win, understandable enough, he will skyrocket up the rankings and will have a lot of options. Would not be the first time Frank has put a load of options in a contract and then accused the person who refused to sign it of ducking his fighter. He did exactly the same the first time he tried to make Enzo Mac vs Haye and then made great play out of how Haye was ducking Enzo. All nonsense of course, the minute Haye received a contract which did not tie him to Warren for future fights he signed.

Am not suggesting Eubank is as keen to take this fight as Haye was in that instance, but lets be careful slaughtering a fighter on the back of Frank’s word.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:25 pm

It’s all a bit murky for me. I don’t think Warren can be taken at his word given that he was taking about this fight as a done deal and definitely on the under card when it was nothing of the sort. You never know what stipulations a contract holds, nor what was actually offered, but giving Frank the full benefit of the doubt that it was a great and lucrative offer verbally signed but that Jr or Senior just didn’t fancy it seems a tad unfair if you don’t know the full ins-and-outs.

Eubanks career hasn’t taken off at all so you start to wonder if they’ve seen things behind closed doors that they are trying to resolve before stepping him up. I think the same on Wilders slow progression, I may be wrong but it does make you wonder why you’d hold a fighter back if they show such great promise. If he does have some glaring flaws then pulling out was probably wise if they can fix them on-going… but if he’s a great as they say then a seemingly financially rewarding BJS fight should be a no brainer.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:27 pm

Its obvious what Warren and BJS are doing.

They don't want this fight as they see Eubanks as a real threat. This bit of intended bad buisness has got the desired effect. They called Eubanks bluff and he did what they wanted him to do. Now when Eubanks jnr name is mentioned they will refer to this and remind people that they offered the fight but he did not want it. Time waster blah blah blah.

Warren has been around a long time and knows every trick in the book.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:35 pm

Its obvious what Warren and BJS are doing.

They don't want this fight as they see Eubanks as a real threat.

--------------------------

Based on what??

Try removing your tongue from Eubank's jacksie.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 02 Oct 2014, 2:08 pm

The fact that we've heard nothing from eubank, suggests all is not dead with this yet... Otherwise we'd be hearing all the restrictive terms in the contracts stuff come out. What rowley says makes sense... Gotta be a first time hey Jeff... It seems likely it's more about future options than the current fight. Seems a lot of fights fall through on similar grounds... Or with similar excuses given, depending on your perspective.

Its possible his twitter tongue got him ahead of himself, but if Eubank was running scared I don't see how he'd go this far down the line before bricking it.

I thought frampton/mcguigan handled the whole boxnation contract very well. Profuse thanks all round, hope to work together again in the future. Non-committal but no bridges burned.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 02 Oct 2014, 3:47 pm

milkyboy wrote:What rowley says makes sense... Gotta be a first time hey Jeff.

It's the broken clock theory in action Milky.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:01 pm

Why does ONETWO keep referring to Eubank in the plural? Is he simultaneously talking about father and son?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:03 pm

Who would believe a word from Frank Warrens mouth?

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:39 pm

Whats wrong with it?

And you're 1 to talk, the amount of abuse you have written on here.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:42 pm

It's hate mongering at it's worst...and all the abuse aimed at you is based on the fact you're an idiot and nothing to do with race or religious beliefs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:43 pm

Honestly missed it Dave, would have deleted it had I seen it, which I will do now.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:43 pm

DAVE667 wrote:It's hate mongering at it's worst...and all the abuse aimed at you is based on the fact you're an idiot and nothing to do with race or religious beliefs

Heard worse on here TBH

think you are making a mountain out of an ant hill....intentionally.

we discuss boxing.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:45 pm

we discuss boxing, you discuss conspiracy theories.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:46 pm

Rowley wrote:Honestly missed it Dave, would have deleted it had I seen it, which I will do now.
Much appreciated...

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:46 pm

It's been binned, as have comments that quoted it, if you want to continue this discussion do it by PM.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:50 pm

Rowley wrote:It's been binned, as have comments that quoted it, if you want to continue this discussion do it by PM.

Remember this next time DAVE calles me an 'unt

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:51 pm

The next time he does that alert a moderator, as Dave has done in this instance. It's how things are meant to work.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:53 pm

Rowley wrote:The next time he does that alert a moderator, as Dave has done in this instance. It's how things are meant to work.

Ok not my style but fair enough.

Can we have an open discussion about what I said or no?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:56 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Rowley wrote:The next time he does that alert a moderator, as Dave has done in this instance. It's how things are meant to work.

Unlikely but it appears I've been given permission to continue calling you a *unt (albeit via the PM facility)

However, I don't like to use the PM facility unlike ONETWO who likes to PM me with John Denver lyrics late at night...methinks he will soon be changing his username to ONETWONOTFORMUCHLONGER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:58 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Unlikely but it appears I've been given permission to continue calling you a *unt (albeit via the PM facility)

However, I don't like to use the PM facility unlike ONETWO who likes to PM me with John Denver lyrics late at night...methinks he will soon be changing his username to ONETWONOTFORMUCHLONGER

An 'unt

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 6:00 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

An 'unt

Ahh the silly **** doesn't even know if he's "an" or "a"

Ayway, hometime

Love and kisses to all

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 02 Oct 2014, 6:49 pm

It depends how much of a say Eubank Sr has and how much Eubank Jr listens to him. Because his dad is 100% certifiable. I think Eubank Jr is talented but his old man is easily the sort that could wind up mismanaging his career.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Thu 02 Oct 2014, 8:28 pm

He's lost credibility among die hard boxing fans. However this fight will have slipped under the radar for most people. Thus, they wont hold a grudge and will continue to buy into any hype.

This whole episode will not harm Eubank; it may even extend his earning potential.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 6:47 am

Looks like this is happening in December and the WBO title will instead be fought between korabov and andy lee

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 10:04 am

Not a fan of Andy Lee, if he does win I hope BJS gets a shot at him.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Fri 03 Oct 2014, 10:15 am

If Andy Lee get the fight I cannot see him winning. Having seen him on a couple of the Frampton undercards he just looks so one dimensional. Everything he does looks sluggish.

Think it would be a bit of a travisty if he managed to pick up a world title given that Murray and Macklin (who despite how much I dislike him) both are probably more deserving.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 03 Oct 2014, 7:28 pm

Eubank v Saunders is back on for November according to several media sources.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 8:02 pm

Yep its on steve bunce keeps making the point you wont have to pay £17 for a british grudge match lol

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 03 Oct 2014, 9:35 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:Yep its on steve bunce keeps making the point you wont have to pay £17 for a british grudge match lol

In fairness though Buncey has a valid point.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 03 Oct 2014, 10:01 pm

I'd certainly rather watch Eubank Saunders than cleverly bellew. Cleverley bellew might turn out be a better fight, but it's meaningless other than as a 'grudge match'.

Of course, you pay a tenner a month for boxnation, and given how infrequently I watch it, each fight can actually work out a bit pricey.... In the same way my gym membership is a tad expensive pro rata!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 03 Oct 2014, 11:05 pm

The Warren bill is can't miss TV now. The Matchroom card looks poor in comparison.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 03 Oct 2014, 11:18 pm

Yep whether by chance or design warren has generated a must boxing event, from 2 guys that alone don't attract.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 04 Oct 2014, 2:09 am

Have to give old frank credit

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next