The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restricted View Seats at Twickenham

+4
johnpartle
Neutralee
bedfordwelsh
Tiger/Chief
8 posters

Go down

Restricted View Seats at Twickenham Empty Restricted View Seats at Twickenham

Post by Tiger/Chief Fri 12 Sep 2014, 1:07 pm

Hi Guys, I've never been to Twickers before and would like some help/advice. I recently bought tickets for the England v Samoa autumn international and have suddenly got pangs of fear that the seats may in some way be restricted view.

My main reason for thinking this is that the whole stadium was reasonably sold out apart form this block, however there were no warnings on this RFU website when I completed the purchase etc.

we've bought 5 tickets in ROW A Top tier of 3 in the north stand.

hopefully someone will put my heart at ease....

Tiger/Chief

Back to top Go down

Restricted View Seats at Twickenham Empty Re: Restricted View Seats at Twickenham

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 12 Sep 2014, 1:30 pm

I have yet to have a restricted view seat but some are high up then again thats the same with lots of stadiums.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Restricted View Seats at Twickenham Empty Re: Restricted View Seats at Twickenham

Post by Neutralee Fri 12 Sep 2014, 1:37 pm

Can't imagine there being an issue in row A, sounds like the front row of the 3rd tier to me.

I know Twickers has some nightmare seats, as do most stadiums, but you sound good to me.

If you were in row L or Q then I'd be worried!

Does the booking site not give you an idea of where your sitting, the rule of thumb is generally avoid the back 2/3 rows and your ok.

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by johnpartle Fri 12 Sep 2014, 3:33 pm

Can't remember the sites but there are some that give virtual seat views of stadiums.

Even if you just do an image search for your section (or the corresponding on the opposite side) you'll usually find someone has already put up a picture from the vicinity.

I've been high up in the end stands before and been pretty happy.  You might not be able to see all the intricacies of forward play down the other end (use the big screens), but you get good perspectives of running lines and play unfolding across the pitch.

johnpartle

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Fri 12 Sep 2014, 3:34 pm

There are no columns for you to worry about up there so that's a positive!

I've sat in the very back row of the north stand( back against the brick wall) and to be honest the view is fine, the only issue is that you will be watching 15 blobs in white playing 15 in blue as you are so far away.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Thu 18 Sep 2014, 11:05 am

I dont think there are any really restricted views at Twickers - generally anywhere is good.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 19 Sep 2014, 11:56 am

Not this myth about 10-man English rugby being propagated again. Doh

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Fri 19 Sep 2014, 12:02 pm

If you go onto Ticketmaster and find an event a Twickenham they  have a "view from you seat" feature so you can see where you are.
Allow a fair bit of time to get to the top tier it's a long walk up!

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down