The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘iFL TV’ comes to BoxNation's screens with new weekly show, starting Thursday

+17
John Bloody Wayne
hampo17
Hammersmith harrier
Herman Jaeger
wheelchair1991
Derbymanc
DuransHorse
OasisBFC
Seanusarrilius
lambertm100
Rowley
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TRUSSMAN66
jimdig
TopHat24/7
milkyboy
Strongback
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

‘iFL TV’ comes to BoxNation's screens with new weekly show, starting Thursday Empty ‘iFL TV’ comes to BoxNation's screens with new weekly show, starting Thursday

Post by Strongback Tue 09 Sep 2014, 9:53 pm

Cult internet hit iFL TV, which has taken the web by storm by providing fight fans with a plethora of high quality boxing content, has made its way to television screens with a weekly show set to air on leading fight channel BoxNation.

iFL TV was created and co-founded in 2010 by Kugan Cassius and James Helder, who will both front the new show - 'BoxNation presents Cassius and Helder' - starting this Thursday 11th September at 8pm, ahead of this Saturday's Floyd Mayweather-Marcos Maidana blockbuster rematch from Las Vegas.

The affable Kugan will be in boxing's fight capital to provide BoxNation viewers with all the latest goings-on around fight week as we prepare for the return of the world's best pound-for-pound fighter, live and exclusive on 'The Channel of Champions' BoxNation.

The opening show will also feature an exclusive sit down interview with boxing legend Ricky Hatton, who will break down the fight and provide a unique insight into what it's like to share the ring with the sport's number one in Mayweather, having taken on the star back in 2007.

Thursday nights will be the regular slot for the show, which will see iFL TV provide the same edge and access we have come to expect - with exclusive fighter interviews and pre and post fight coverage - but with fantastic original content each week shown for the first time.

Jim McMunn, Managing Director at BoxNation, said: "Since the start BoxNation has been a fresh, cutting-edge channel that has provided boxing fans with the biggest and best fights domestically and around the world. We are always looking at ways that allow our viewers to get even closer to the action. The new iFL TV show will allow BoxNation subscribers to get an even more in-depth insight ahead of fights and is another great addition to our already first class boxing coverage."

Kugan Cassius and James Helder, founders of iFL TV, said: "We are delighted to be working with BoxNation, a channel committed to providing the very best boxing action. Likewise, at iFL TV we are equally committed to the sport and providing high quality content for our viewers. iFL TV has proved a major hit through our YouTube channel and we aim to replicate this success with our weekly show on BoxNation where we will provide similarly excellent content from press conferences, weigh-ins, media days and exclusive interviews - all with a unique twist."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Seems Kugy has been seduced by the dark side.

Wonder what Eddie thinks?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

‘iFL TV’ comes to BoxNation's screens with new weekly show, starting Thursday Empty Re: ‘iFL TV’ comes to BoxNation's screens with new weekly show, starting Thursday

Post by milkyboy Tue 09 Sep 2014, 10:35 pm

Eddie's probably just wondering whether to invest time being matey with next week's edgy and innovative internet sensation... Or whether his time would be better spent scratching his balls.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

‘iFL TV’ comes to BoxNation's screens with new weekly show, starting Thursday Empty Re: ‘iFL TV’ comes to BoxNation's screens with new weekly show, starting Thursday

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 10:28 am

Interesting, given iFL's closeness with Hearn/Matchroom. There were rumours about previously that Matchroom were actually helping bankroll iFL's early growth even.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed 10 Sep 2014, 10:41 am

Free trip to Vegas for a mayweather fight funded by warren. Feet firmly planted in both promotional camps. Not bad for a fat slob.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed 10 Sep 2014, 10:44 am

Last comment uncalled for and stems from jealousy. I wouldn't hold kugan up as a fountain of boxing insight, but whatever he's been doing has been working for him.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 10:47 am

Always found him and It very amateurish...Certainly avoid IFL on youtube..

Can't see Warren lasting much longer so I imagine this set up won't last..

Also expect Barry to bury his hatchet with Eddie...SKY is the way for Frampo in this Country....HBO will no doubt pick him up later for the US market

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 10 Sep 2014, 11:13 am

Eddie was payin them 500 a week. Kugan is a celebrity diva now anyway. Heard it says in his contract that nobody is allowed to speak to him if they earn under 300 a week and his dressing room has to have a bowl of M&Ms. No red ones allowed in the bowl either.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 10 Sep 2014, 11:42 am

Strongback wrote:

He has got three world champions in his stable, arguably the best heavyweight prospect in the world and is the only promoter with a Sky contract, a situation that is not showing too many signs of changing any time soon. My guess is that this is not causing him to lose too much sleep.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 11:43 am

Rowley wrote:
Strongback wrote:

He has got three world champions in his stable, arguably the best heavyweight prospect in the world and is the only promoter with a Sky contract, a situation that is not showing too many signs of changing any time soon. My guess is that this is not causing him to lose too much sleep.

Laugh Laugh Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 11:55 am

I think Strongy's fixation with Hearn is getting alarming...

Give it up..It's hurting you not him !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lambertm100 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 12:09 pm

The IFL content is exactly what young viewers want. Easy to access, good fun and the youtube content you can switch on/off whenever you want rather than sit through an hour long show. I think they will continue to grow and do well, people get to see the boxers personality more on the IFL stuff

lambertm100

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Sep 2014, 12:27 pm

Rowley wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Tad over reaction.

Hearn and Kugan have been playing buddy-buddy for a while now so it must have been a brave decision to move into Warren's camp.

In the last week or so Eddie can be seen in his car dancing with his upper body behind the wheel as Kuban films. Who knows Eddie might still do interviews with iFL.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Sep 2014, 12:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think Strongy's fixation with Hearn is getting alarming...

Boring.........

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 12:47 pm

Strongback wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Tad over reaction.  

Hearn and Kugan have been playing buddy-buddy for a while now so it must have been a brave decision to move into Warren's camp.  

In the last week or so Eddie can be seen in his car dancing with his upper body behind the wheel as Kuban films.  Who knows Eddie might still do interviews with iFL.

Surely the only over-reaction, is yours?

For the reasons Rowley points out, why would Eddie give a f***??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 1:04 pm

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think Strongy's fixation with Hearn is getting alarming...

Boring.........

I wish you'd just p**s off

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 10 Sep 2014, 1:22 pm

I imagine Kugan spoke to Eddie about it and Eddie said 'Have at it.' I doubt very much that Eddie is upset or threatened by it. Clearly Eddie is doing well. Also, Kugan has the Fight Pass show with Eddie. So obviously he spoke to him to make sure there was no conflict. Good for Kug and and James. I take it Truss watches no UK pressers or post-fight interviews online then? Given that he avoids IFLTV which is pretty much impossible to do if you follow British boxing online.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Wed 10 Sep 2014, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 10 Sep 2014, 1:43 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Interesting, given iFL's closeness with Hearn/Matchroom. There were rumours about previously that Matchroom were actually helping bankroll iFL's early growth even.....

not sure where that's come from as most thought they were linked to warren at the start before eddit was around.

it's a great move for them and shows them hard work pays off as they wouldn't have been earning much doing their IFL TV stuff. they've recently got the link with the gym and scotts menswear.

people saying they've fell out with hearn - don't they do the kugas cassius show on their matchroom fight pass thing?

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 10 Sep 2014, 2:09 pm

OasisBFC wrote:. it's a great move for them and shows them hard work pays off as they wouldn't have been earning much doing their IFL TV stuff. they've recently got the link with the gym and scotts menswear.

Was thinking the same thing. When I first stumbled across IFL I wondered if a little Youtube Boxing channel could grow to be a prosperous business ( we all gotta work ) but fair play as the hard work was evident from the off and has now paid off. Shame a few people have hinted Kugan might have become a bit of a pr%ck though.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 10 Sep 2014, 2:24 pm

At least we know what happened to CS now.

Can't see the Hearns or any other promotor (big or small) caring that much about this. It might open the doors for a few more youtube channels though as people try to make it big.

I'm awaiting V2's premier on a matchroom show as appreciation from Eddie for all the love for him round here.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 2:46 pm

Good to see you back derby..

Better than your front I bet...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 10 Sep 2014, 3:16 pm

Very Good Truss :-D

I'm lurking more these days as the connection at work is utter pants and it keeps dropping it (it's taken me 15 mins to post this)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 10 Sep 2014, 3:23 pm

DuransHorse wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:. it's a great move for them and shows them hard work pays off as they wouldn't have been earning much doing their IFL TV stuff. they've recently got the link with the gym and scotts menswear.

Was thinking the same thing.  When I first stumbled across IFL I wondered if a little Youtube Boxing channel could grow to be a prosperous business ( we all gotta work ) but fair play as the hard work was evident from the off and has now paid off.  Shame a few people have hinted Kugan might have become a bit of a pr%ck though.

In my experience, most people don't become pr*cks duran, if it's gone to his head (not saying it has, could just have been a bad day or two), it's most likely because he already was a pr*ck... Just no-one cared enough to notice.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Sep 2014, 3:25 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Tad over reaction.  

In the last week or so Eddie can be seen in his car dancing with his upper body behind the wheel as Kuban films.  Who knows Eddie might still do interviews with iFL.

Surely the only over-reaction, is yours?

For the reasons Rowley points out, why would Eddie give a f***??

By me saying I wonder what Eddie thinks I am over reacting?

Hearn has used iFL as one of his main promotional tool for well over a year, it is hardly being excessively inquisitive to ponder how this leaves the youtube double act Kugan and Eddie.

I haven't been around lately as work has been busy but in case I had forgotten its now been reemphasized 606V2 has a hard on for Eddie. All one way traffic when it comes to Matchroom.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 10 Sep 2014, 3:37 pm

It's a youtube channel so i'm not really sure you could class it as a main promotional tool.

You seem a bit too desperate to try and jump on any percieved loss to the Edmeister, I'm pretty certain he doesn't care and if it helps his mate Kuggan then i'm sure he's telling him well done.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 3:41 pm

Lee Harvey Strongwald...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 10 Sep 2014, 4:38 pm

clap

Excellent Truss

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Sep 2014, 6:10 pm

Seems some people are pretty blind when it comes to Eddie's use of social media.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Sep 2014, 6:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Lee Harvey Strongwald...

Lennox Lewis
Lloyd Honeyghan
Marvin Hagler
Joe Louis
Sugar Ray Robinson
Getting kicked around by Azumah

Given your history you should keep your mouth shut.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 6:16 pm

Some people are blind on social media in regards to eddie including you strongback your irrational hatred blinds you with anything involving young master hearn

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Sep 2014, 6:20 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:Some people are blind on social media in regards to eddie including you strongback your irrational hatred blinds you with anything involving young master hearn

By saying I wonder what Eddie thinks about Kugan working for Warren I am showing hatred am I?

You guys need to get a life. I'm heading over to Check Hook Boxing.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 10 Sep 2014, 7:21 pm

Maybe he's lost his touch I don't know, but I haven't seen a good Cassius interview for a few months now. Maybe the reason for that is he doesn't release much on YouTube anymore, and you can only see him on their subscription channel which I've no intention of ever getting. The chemistry between him and Eddie is, I've always found, a little stilted.

Let's see how he gets on on Boxnation, you never know till you try do you, it may really work for him.

Think I preferred his interviews though when he was relatively anonymous, now he's the star of the show, have a feeling it's all going to be a bit self-conscious for both himself and his guests which could work to the detriment of the interviews.

Last edited by Herman Jaggery on Wed 10 Sep 2014, 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 7:54 pm

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Lee Harvey Strongwald...

Getting kicked around by Azumah

I wondered who's foot it was that came out of the screen !! Cool

Interesting retrospective view...

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 10 Sep 2014, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 10 Sep 2014, 8:11 pm

Herman makes a decent point. Part of the Kugan magic was his and James' DIY, amateurish style. I am not sure we need another very sober type interviewer TV, which is how they may be on BoxNation. That said, it might work. Time will tell. I saw Hearn pull Kugan up on his attitude the other week. It was tongue and cheek but you know he meant it.

Biggest mistake Kugan made was that Ryan Rhodes coming out of retirement nonsense. That really annoyed me. I don't go on his channel to be fooled with. He was basically trying to show how he can manipulate the news. That was stupid. Hopefully he has learned his lesson.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 10 Sep 2014, 8:35 pm

You hit the nail on the head there Sean, the bit about the DIY style.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 8:41 pm

I don't think he has an amateurish style..

Just think he is amateurish..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 11 Sep 2014, 9:54 am

Strongback wrote:
wheelchair1991 wrote:Some people are blind on social media in regards to eddie including you strongback your irrational hatred blinds you with anything involving young master hearn

By saying I wonder what Eddie thinks about Kugan working for Warren I am showing hatred am I?

(1)You guys need to get a life.  (2)I'm heading over to Check Hook Boxing.

(1) Most ironic comment ever? Certainly a pot-kettle-black moment that Az would be proud of.

(2) Good riddance. Nobody cares about your Hearn obsession over here.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 11 Sep 2014, 10:25 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

(1) Most ironic comment ever? Certainly a pot-kettle-black moment that Az would be proud of.

Have to admit it's been alarming watching a once decent contributer completely lose the plot.. Crying or Very sad

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 11 Sep 2014, 10:57 am

I know truss, but we'll stand by you and help you through these difficult times

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 11 Sep 2014, 11:00 am

thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 11 Sep 2014, 5:08 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

More people on that site sway against Hearn than for him. My comments are seen as normal there. Maybe its just Eddie isn't given preferential treatment over there because he is not a "friend" of that site.

It is quite funny how some of you fall over one another to be the first to defend Hearn.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 11 Sep 2014, 5:11 pm

laughing laughing laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 11 Sep 2014, 5:59 pm

Don't you dare talk about my father/pseudanym/best mate/business partner* like that

(*not sure how many posts count for what anymore)

Seriously though what do you think the Edmeister thinks of Kuggan moving his Youtube show to Boxnation?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 11 Sep 2014, 8:10 pm

I don't see anybody jumping in to defend Hearn, there is a marked difference between having no real opinion of the man and considering him to be the devil incarnate.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 11 Sep 2014, 9:05 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I don't see anybody jumping in to defend Hearn, there is a marked difference between having no real opinion of the man and considering him to be the devil incarnate.

All I said was I wonder what Eddie thinks of Kugan going to Warren.

The reaction is guys Wee weeing their pants all over the place.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 11 Sep 2014, 9:13 pm

All a figment of your rather vivid imagination.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 11 Sep 2014, 9:16 pm

Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

More people on that site sway against Hearn than for him.  My comments are seen as normal there.  Maybe its just Eddie isn't given preferential treatment over there because he is not a "friend" of that site.

It is quite funny how some of you fall over one another to be the first to defend Hearn.  

Where do you get this crap that Eddie is a friend of the site from?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 11 Sep 2014, 10:37 pm

hampo171 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

More people on that site sway against Hearn than for him.  My comments are seen as normal there.  Maybe its just Eddie isn't given preferential treatment over there because he is not a "friend" of that site.

Where do you get this crap that Eddie is a friend of the site from?

No site I've seen defends Hearn as much as this one.

The friend of the site thing goes back to a comment made by Rowley were he referred to Adam saying Eddie was accommodating with permissions to do interviews with his fighters, this goes back to the initial interviews Adam was doing when the podcasts first started. Rowley has been defending Hearn at every opportunity since, in fact he should be given clubman of the year and a free press pass to Matchroom's next show!

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 11 Sep 2014, 10:45 pm

I've done the podcasts since the start mate, we interviewed Quigg and Cleverly at the beginning and back then they were fighting for Hatton and Warren Promotions respectively. I don't believe we have interviewed any Matchroom fighters while they have been under Matchroom promotions.

The reason Hearn gets defended is because the majority of the stuff he does isn't bad, however you seem to want to turn everything he does in to the root of all evil.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 11 Sep 2014, 11:18 pm

hampo171 wrote:I've done the podcasts since the start mate, we interviewed Quigg and Cleverly at the beginning and back then they were fighting for Hatton and Warren Promotions respectively. I don't believe we have interviewed any Matchroom fighters while they have been under Matchroom promotions.

The reason Hearn gets defended is because the majority of the stuff he does isn't bad, however you seem to want to turn everything he does in to the root of all evil.

Maybe I have got it wrong but from memory I thought Adam did some of the initial podcast interviews on his own.

All I said in this thread is I wonder what Eddie thinks of a Kugan going to Warren. The responses to this from posters were ridiculous.

Some people talk about V2 getting press passes but I've never said anything negative in respect of this.

I also don't think Eddie is evil but I do think he is pretty false despite his matey image. He has also had a tendency to be a smarmy poncey rich kid, I think he's toughing up now though and is becoming a bit more grown up.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 11 Sep 2014, 11:36 pm

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next