The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Impact Tour 2015 News

5 posters

Go down

UK Impact Tour 2015 News Empty UK Impact Tour 2015 News

Post by Adam D Mon 11 Aug 2014, 9:28 am

• World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Lashley to make TNA UK debut
• MVP, Taryn Terrell and The Beautiful People also added to UK events
• Six-sided ring will be back at Glasgow, Manchester and London shows
• Fan Interaction packages and extra great seats go on sale on August 15

London (Monday August 11, 2014): TNA today announces Fan Interaction packages for the MAXIMUM IMPACT 7 Tour, along with the names of more international wrestling superstars who will be competing on the events in Glasgow, Manchester and London. Extra great seats, which were previously held off, are also being made available.

TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Lashley will be making his first ever appearance in the UK as an IMPACT WRESTLING superstar at the January 2015 shows.

MVP, Taryn Terrell, The Beautiful People and Kenny King have also been added to a Tour roster that already features Samoa Joe, Gail Kim, Bully Ray, Magnus, James Storm, Bobby Roode, Mr Anderson, Eric Young, Gunner, Abyss, EC3, Tigre Uno and Rockstar Spud. *

In another major announcement, TNA today confirms that the company’s trademark six-sided ring will be used on all MAXIMUM IMPACT 7 Tour events – the first time it will have been seen in Britain since 2010.

TNA President Dixie Carter said: “The MAXIMUM IMPACT Tour is a highlight of the year for the TNA Superstars who travel to these big events and meet the incredible fans.

“With an unmatched Fan Interaction experience, a roster of the best professional wrestlers in the world and the return of the six-sided ring, the shows scheduled for the 2015 MAXIMUM IMPACT Tour will be our best yet.”

Fan Interaction tickets for the January 2015 Tour go on sale on Friday August 15 at 10am – along with the extra great seats – and allow fans to meet some of their favourite wrestlers before each event.

The strictly limited meet & greet passes are available for all three shows and cost £35 plus booking fee. Those purchasing Fan Interaction tickets must also have a regular event ticket, which are sold separately, in order to gain access.

There will be eight TNA superstars at each meet & greet. Each wrestler will sign a maximum of two items per fan. TNA received positive press coverage and fan feedback last year after making a number of improvements to the Fan Interaction experience.

The MAXIMUM IMPACT 7 Tour sees TNA visit Glasgow (Jan 29) and Manchester (Jan 30) before culminating in a huge double TV taping and Ultimate X match in London on Jan 31.

Bobby Lashley said: “This will my first time wrestling in the UK for TNA and I can promise you I’m more than ready.

“The bigger question is whether the UK is ready for Bobby Lashley?”

Taryn Terrell added: “I’m so happy to be on the Tour. I, alongside fellow Knockouts Gail Kim and The Beautiful People, look forward to bringing the rowdy UK fans the best women’s wrestling in the world and delivering some memorable matches.”

MAXIMUM IMPACT 7 Tour and Fan Interaction tickets are available via www.facebook.com/tnawrestlinguk, www.gigsandtours.com/go/tna2015gen, www.ticketmaster.co.uk/TNA-Wrestling-tickets/artist/1008830 or direct from the tour venues. Full details of the UK events are:

Thursday 29 January 2015 Glasgow The SSE Hydro www.thehydro.com
Friday 30 January 2015 Manchester Phones 4u Arena www.phones4uarena.co.uk
Saturday 31 January 2015 London SSE Arena Wembley www.ssearena.co.uk

TNA IMPACT WRESTLING is broadcast on Challenge in the UK and Ireland every Sunday night at 9pm, as well as on Spike TV in the USA and more than 120 other countries.

* Line-up subject to change.

Good to see that Lashley lookslike a long term signing and that the UK will get to see the 6 sided ring for the first time.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

UK Impact Tour 2015 News Empty Re: UK Impact Tour 2015 News

Post by talkingpoint Mon 11 Aug 2014, 3:10 pm

I hope Lashley goes into BFG champion before moving across to Bellator before returning for the Maximum Impact tour 2015. As far as in ring ability goes Lashley is tremendous - strong, athletic, hulking; he really puts the "heavyweight" into the world heavyweight champion.

I know TNA have been criticised in the past for not having clearly enough defined faces and heels but I really like the fact that they are making Lashley out to be a fighting champion despite being in a heel stable with MVP. TNA needs a strong world champion after Magnus (no offence to Magnus, for his part he played it really well).

Even though I think guys like Aries and Roode deserve a second world title run, I think they should keep the belt on Lashley as long as they can to give his run meaning and whoever finally beats him the rub.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 11 Aug 2014, 3:22 pm

I've always rated Lashley and TNA are doing a really good job of presenting him as a great world champion. Could've been huge in WWE if they pulled the trigger, they really missed out on this one.

A guy I work with always goes to the TNA shows cause his son is really into it and says its always a good show.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 11 Aug 2014, 3:34 pm

Went to see TNA when they were down here a few years ago.

Very enjoyable. As was the meet and greet with Velvet Sky Very Happy

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 11 Aug 2014, 4:47 pm

Samo wrote:I've always rated Lashley and TNA are doing a really good job of presenting him as a great world champion.  Could've been huge in WWE if they pulled the trigger, they really missed out on this one.

Lets hope TNA can keep him on a multi-year contract should they not go under!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 11 Aug 2014, 4:54 pm

Sorry I should have checked my facts before my first post, lashley is due to make his Bellator debut in September, before BFG. I wonder whether TNA will let him hold the title while simultaneously competing for Bellator? As September is only next month it doesn't allow for a long training camp. I guess he could train inbetween impact tapings either that or he isn't having a training camp!? Would be a shame to have him drop the belt just because he is fighting for Bellator next month. Then again TNA are in a tricky position - on the one hand if Lashley wins in his Bellator debut it would look great to have a world champion who is also a competitive MMA fighter; it would really give his fighting champion angle a lot of credibility. Then again if he was to lose in a real MMA fight then it tarnishes his world championship run as critics will just point and say well he can only win in a fake fight. Hmm... Headscratch 

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by JCmag82 Wed 13 Aug 2014, 10:32 am

I'm sure TNA brought the 6 sided ring when they first toured the UK in '08. It was a fairly drunken night out like so I could be mistaken. Was in a proper old school theatre in liverpool. Think that just added to the atmosphere and experience.

JCmag82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down