The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

19 year old winger kicks 80+m goal kick in practice!!!!

5 posters

Go down

19 year old winger kicks 80+m goal kick in practice!!!! Empty 19 year old winger kicks 80+m goal kick in practice!!!!

Post by Welly Wed 30 Jul 2014, 3:39 pm

Wind assisted.... but wow.

Welly

Back to top Go down

19 year old winger kicks 80+m goal kick in practice!!!! Empty Re: 19 year old winger kicks 80+m goal kick in practice!!!!

Post by Neutralee Wed 30 Jul 2014, 4:53 pm

Would I be right in thinking that was at altitude too?

You'd be amased what wind can do, there was a case recently where a restart went over the opossing 10m then skewed back, bounced in the kickers own 22 and then dead.

I've seen an 18 yr old welly a ball from his own try line and bounce once in the opposing teams 22 before going dead before a second bounce.

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

19 year old winger kicks 80+m goal kick in practice!!!! Empty Re: 19 year old winger kicks 80+m goal kick in practice!!!!

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed 30 Jul 2014, 4:57 pm

Don't let Toulon know about that kid, it would spell the end of rugby as we know it.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Wed 30 Jul 2014, 5:05 pm

Neutralee wrote:Would I be right in thinking that was at altitude too?

You'd be amased what wind can do, there was a case recently where a restart went over the opossing 10m then skewed back, bounced in the kickers own 22 and then dead.

This one.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Wed 30 Jul 2014, 7:07 pm

Welly wrote:

This one.

Shouldn't it be scrum 5 opposing team?

This one is pretty famous too:

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed 30 Jul 2014, 9:39 pm

VinceWLB wrote:
Welly wrote:

This one.

Shouldn't it be scrum 5 opposing team?

This one is pretty famous too:

Ref probably felt an allowance should be made as there was no way they could have taken the kick-off without being put at a severe disadvantage.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Thu 31 Jul 2014, 12:27 am

Both are pretty famous in refereeing circles I beleive,

Contepomi's one is clear cut, the ball does go between the sticks, nothing in the laws states it has to touch the groudn.

The dead ball though is fascinating, basically because there is no set law that applies, and no precident. Referee's actually argued for a while over that one, and came down to one key factor. What advantage should the team receive who were to receive the KO?

merits for the scrum on half way were that technically the ball didn't go 10 from the restart, and actually goes dead. similar to the ball going out on the full.

However the ball doesn't go dead on the full, and actually goes dead from bouncing in goal, so there is a perfectly valid argument for a scrum V for the receiving team.

Another option is penalising the kicking team, because of having no precident from kicking behind the half way line a freekick could be awarded on halfway, or even a penalty from where the ball first bounces.

There is one last option, as the kick went 10m (remember it doesn't have to touch the ground to be live) and it was a force of nature effecting the trajectory, why should the receiving team get the advantage? So after the ball crosses 10m then is blown back you could argue for 'play on'.

I think that if a kicker doesn't judge for effects on the ball by natural occurence, he has to take responsibility for where it goes, in this case, the ball not going 10 is superceded by the ball being kicked dead and I would go with scrum V. You can see why he went with a far more neutral call though.

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down