The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NXT ArRIVAL (Spoilers)

+3
Dolphin Ziggler
Kay Fabe
x12x
7 posters

Go down

NXT ArRIVAL (Spoilers) Empty NXT ArRIVAL (Spoilers)

Post by x12x Sat 01 Mar 2014, 9:02 am

Guys if you haven't checked it out already you really need to even if it's just for the opening match, it's a shame that WWE's developmental federation put's their main roster shows to shame!

Card:
Cesaro v Sami Zayn
Mojo Rawley v CJ Parker
The Ascension (c) v Mystery Guests (NXT Tag Team Titles)
Paige (c) v Emma
Tyler Breeze v Xavier Woods
Bo Dallas (c) v Adrian Neville (NXT Championship)

Results:
*Cesaro won via pinfall after hitting the Neutraliser. After the match Cesaro hugged Zayn and left him to receive a standing ovation from the audience.
*Mojo Rawley won via pinfall after hitting the Hyper Drive.
*The mystery guests turned out to be Too Cool and Scotty Too Hotty is now completely bald, The Ascension won via pinfall with the Fall Of Man.
*Paige won via submission using the Scorpion Cross Lock in a really good diva's match that showed the Total Diva's where they're going wrong!
*Tyler Breeze and Xavier Woods were attacked by Alexander Rusev before the match could start
*Adrian Neville beat Bo Dallas in a ladder match to become the 4th ever NXT Champion.

Personal view:
I feel like this is how PPV's should be done, the commentators talked about the actual matches and called the moves...Regal is one of my favourite commentators right now and it's because he gets a good balance of play by play and pointless banter. It feels strange calling NXT the developmental area of WWE because this PPV worked so much better than any PPV I've seen since maybe Summerslam...the fans connected with nearly every match and it felt like stories were being told that people wanted to see...we had a diva's match that was wrestled well and showed that diva matches don't always have to be boring...while not every match was amazing each seemed to have a purpose and wasn't there just to fill space...my only criticism is this, Sami Zayn vs Cesaro was SO good that I almost couldn't get in to the next two matches, the way it told a story and ended just felt like a perfect way to finish off the show (although I know why it couldn't).

The Zayn/Cesaro match was just perfect, it was up there for me with Wyatt's vs Shield and Brock vs Punk for recent matches that made me forget about booking and choreographed spots...it sold me a story that was compelling and the sign that it was a great match? Everybody going in to this match assumed/wanted Zayn to get the win he was obsessing over but when Cesaro got it, they still cheered for both me and that is some of the best booking I've seen...both men came away looking like a billion dollars...if you only watch one match make sure it's this one.

Did anyone else watch it? What did you think? Am I letting my Cesaro fanboy ways get in the way of fair judgement?
(I am actually wearing a Cesaro top as I write this out  Doh)

x12x

Back to top Go down

NXT ArRIVAL (Spoilers) Empty Re: NXT ArRIVAL (Spoilers)

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 01 Mar 2014, 9:58 am

When was it on? I record NXT every week but this weeks was a review show so I just deleted it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 01 Mar 2014, 11:24 am

Cheers bud, I'll not get a chance to see it now until Mondat lly sometime

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 01 Mar 2014, 11:48 am

I guess someone answered? Anyway it was on the Network but I highly advise you to find a way to watch it...It's the best PPV WWE have done so far and I'm confident Wrestlemania won't be as good.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 01 Mar 2014, 1:59 pm

Yeah, it definitely wasnt the best PPV WWE has done so far. I'd say it wasnt the best PPV event WWE has done this year. The Cesaro/Zayn match was very good, but not better than their 2 out of 3, whilst Dallas/Neville was a cracking match but I've seen plenty better ladder matches.

Good event though. Rusev looks nice and powerful, The Ascension continue to look really good and arguably like WWE's best tag team, whilst Zayn, Neville and Bo all had very good showings. Its nice to see people appreciate Bo's work more. Shame it's a gimmick that won't work on WWE's main programmes when his place on the card becomes clear.

I was a little underwhelmed by Emma vs Paige, certainly felt Emma v Natalya I watched the other day was a better match.

Mojo Rawley is very annoying and its a gimmick destined for failure. Not sure about CJ, I think it was ruined by his opponent.

What the commentators had in focus I feel they lack in raw ability.

Again, Cesaro/Zayn was good but you've gone fanboy mad. Cesaro continues to show why he's WWE's most gifted in ring performer currently, but it wasnt a Shield/Wyatts, it wasnt a Punk/Lesnar and I dont think it was as good as the Elim Chamber match either (although comparisons are hard).

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 01 Mar 2014, 2:59 pm

I agree with the OP on his rating of the Cesaro/Zayn match. It's definitely in my top 5 WWE matches of the last 12 months, and I enjoyed it more than both the Chamber match and Punk/Lesnar. I loved the Psychology of the match, particularly Zayn's selling of Cesaro working his leg throughout the match. It was subtle touches like that, and the way Cesaro kept looking down on Zayn almost with disdain until the final throws of the match where Zayn earnt his respect.

I was surprised that Mojo Rawley seems to be getting over with the notoriously smarky NXT crowd. maybe to shows how much they hate CJ Parker.

Emma/Paige was better than anything the main roster of Diva's can deliver, and it was good to see two women actually go out and wrestle, rather than have a glorified cat fight. There was probably a couple too many rest holds, which stopped it from reached the heights of both ladies matches against Natalya. Did love Emma's powerbomb, and Paige's submission hold to win.

I'm still not convinced by The Ascension, even though this was probably their best showing. I can't quite put my finger on it, but i think they are lacking something.

The ladder match was decent, and the right man went over. Not sure if there was a plant in the front row, but there was a guy wearing a Bolieve T-shirt who looked on the verge of tears when Neville grabbed the title.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Sat 01 Mar 2014, 10:38 pm

Watching the show now, Cesaro/Zayn was insanely good, I'm watching the Diva's match now which is 14 times the quality of the main roster, anyone else finding it really hard not to like Emma?, She looks great in this match and very tidy lol.....

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Sat 01 Mar 2014, 10:40 pm

Just seen the finish and Paige's submission move was brutal.....

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 01 Mar 2014, 11:59 pm

Very enjoyable show,

Cesaro v Zayn was phenomenal, has gone right in over Shield v Wyatts as my WWE MOTY and probably MOTY anywhere (yes Chris including Japan) thus far, while it wasn't as action packed as the 2/3 falls match I felt it was the psychology and story that really set it apart, it really was the perfect combination of old-school psychology and modern athleticism as well as Zayn proving, Genrico or no Genrico he is still the best sympathy garnering babyface in the world, this match goes down as 5 stars in my book

Rawley vs Breeze was a bit of a come down after the masterclass that it followed, I'm really not a fan of either character, Breeze is solid enough and Rawley has all the fundamentals from the Big E Langston school of being strong and fast, if he refines himself he could do something, but his gimmick is appalling, thankfully the match ended soon enough

Moving on, despite this being one of their better showings, I hate the Ascension, was fun to see Too Cool back, but Scotty has clearly spent the past few years cooking meth in an RV...so has Christopher as well now that I think about it, nothing match, Ascension's offence sloppy as usual

Paige and Emma, both women have had better matches, but it was not a bad showing, to be fair by Diva's standards it was very good, it does go to show though, that WWE have given two women, who can wrestle, characters and promoted them in a feud, result is people care, I wonder if they'll learn anything from that

Not really worth commenting on the Rusev squash

Dallas vs Neville, enjoyable match, won't go down as one of the all time classic ladder matches, but it was pretty good, pleased that Neville won as I'm a big fan of his, not really much else to add tbh

All in all I enjoyed the show, the card really peaked with the Cesaro/Zayn match but it would have been near impossible for anyone to follow that classic, other than that it was built around the other 2 main events which delivered to an enjoyable level, I would say, and perhaps it's the indy smark in me, I had hoped WWE would take the chance to debut a new talent, like Crowe (Callihan) or Kalisto (Del Sol) but that was more a wishful thought that an expectation, once again a good showing by the NXT boys and girls.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 02 Mar 2014, 7:13 pm

From all accounts/reviews, this really does sound like an incredible show. Hopefully most, if not all matches will find themselves on Youtube later this week...

Who's actually in charge of booking/creative inside NXT? Even though some of the gimmicks are hit and miss (Only The Minority), it's really enjoyable to see that every talent on NXT as some kind of purpose/character! I know Dusty Rhodes & Triple H have some type of cloud, but I don't think I've actually come across who's the main person in charge. Personally, I'd love to see them have a crack at promoting future Raw or Smackdown! shows...

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 02 Mar 2014, 8:14 pm

NXT seems to be truly teaching people how important selling a gimmick is, you just have to look at guys like Bray Wyatt to Tyler Breeze to see this, you can see it in the smallest details...Like Enigma says, not all gimmicks work (Mojo) but the ones that do are gold.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down