The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wawrinka makes solid case for Switzerland's most talented ever

+8
Henman Bill
Silver
Turron
Jahu
lags72
barrystar
JuliusHMarx
Tennis_Connoisseur
12 posters

Go down

Wawrinka makes solid case for Switzerland's most talented ever Empty Wawrinka makes solid case for Switzerland's most talented ever

Post by Tennis_Connoisseur Tue 21 Jan 2014, 1:32 pm

If there was ever any doubt Stans Wawrinka was the most talented player to come out of Switzerland, look no further than his match against Novak Djokovic today. While many will make a case for the aging Roger Federer, largely known as inferior to tennis greats such as; Bjorn Borg, Rafael Nadal, Sampras and Rod Laver, Wawrinka has always had the God-given talent we all knew he had. His forehand is solid, backed by a beautiful backhand shot which does not collapse like a "Deck Of Cards", a known fact about his country man, Roger Federer. His movement, though not as fluid, is often accurate and gives him good anticipation of where balls will land. Not so long ago, Wawrinka sent Britain into a "State of shock" when he dismantled Andy Murray at the US Open. Djokovic was at the receiving end of this truly talented player's brutality today when he gave him hope by sending him to 5 sets and then slashing them to pieces, bagged and sent to Serbia for a national mourn. I have him as firm favourite to lose in his Semi final match against Tomas Berdych but well done to the man of the hour

Arguments should end, Wawrinka is the most talented player to come out of Switzerland. I have no other player in mind that can match his talent.

Last edited by Tennis_Connoisseur on Tue 21 Jan 2014, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tennis_Connoisseur

Back to top Go down

Wawrinka makes solid case for Switzerland's most talented ever Empty Re: Wawrinka makes solid case for Switzerland's most talented ever

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 21 Jan 2014, 1:35 pm

Welcome back Tennis_Connoisseur. Care to remind us of any of your many previous user names on the original 606 or here?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Wawrinka makes solid case for Switzerland's most talented ever Empty Re: Wawrinka makes solid case for Switzerland's most talented ever

Post by Tennis_Connoisseur Tue 21 Jan 2014, 1:38 pm

A new tennis fan who has monitored this board for a few weeks and also a fan of Wawrinka. Please bear with my condemning tone but Wawrinka is indeed the most talented.

Tennis_Connoisseur

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Tue 21 Jan 2014, 1:40 pm

Aye - it's good-bye to the transitional Swiss and welcome to a true Swiss talent.

Hi to Wise_Anal
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Tue 21 Jan 2014, 1:40 pm

If only he were as adept at disguising his style of prose as he is creative with his range of user names.

Oh dear oh dear. Here we go again .......

Nothing new here, move along please.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 21 Jan 2014, 1:44 pm

Tennis_Connoisseur wrote:A new tennis fan who has monitored this board for a few weeks and also a fan of Wawrinka. Please bear with my condemning tone but Wawrinka is indeed the most talented.

Yeah right. Not going to tell us your 606 names then? Something to hide perhaps? An embarrassing past maybe?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue 21 Jan 2014, 1:46 pm

I mean i say some crap and crazy sh1t here often, but this is way over me.

I give up!!
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Tue 21 Jan 2014, 1:52 pm

I think JHM, with just a bit of simple analysis (the sort that any tennis tutor would be capable of) it might just be possible to arrive at an educated but unbiased guess at past identities ......

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 21 Jan 2014, 1:54 pm

lags72 wrote:I think JHM, with just a bit of simple analysis (the sort that any tennis tutor would be capable of) it might just be possible to arrive at an educated but unbiased guess at past identities ......

Laugh

Salutations!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Turron Tue 21 Jan 2014, 2:01 pm

I'm disappointed JHM, you forgot to include the mandatory champagne with your Salutations!

Turron

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue 21 Jan 2014, 2:12 pm

Wow! Forget the twaddle article for a moment, is this the return of Impartial_Lion and Dr_Sincere? If so, we could be witnessing a new era of wummery. I sincerely hope that you'll stick around, hawkeye's wummery doesn't quite have the cut and thrust of the old guard.

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue 21 Jan 2014, 2:14 pm

Lets not de-motivate HE Smile
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 21 Jan 2014, 2:14 pm

Silver wrote:Wow! Forget the twaddle article for a moment, is this the return of Impartial_Lion and Dr_Sincere?

It might be, unless that's premature speculation!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Tue 21 Jan 2014, 2:17 pm

salutations indeed, the board has gone all wummy

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue 21 Jan 2014, 2:18 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Silver wrote:Wow! Forget the twaddle article for a moment, is this the return of Impartial_Lion and Dr_Sincere?

It might be, unless that's premature speculation!

Laugh 

To paraphrase lags, I tried to make an educated approach, but in my enthusiasm may have become a tad biased!

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Tue 21 Jan 2014, 2:57 pm

Surprise surprise ...... nobody seems to have taken the slightest bit of notice of the actual content of the article. So, just like the old days of 606 ......

Then again, I think it's safe to say that we established long ago that not even the OP himself genuinely believes any of the guff he writes .....  Wink Whistle

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 21 Jan 2014, 7:22 pm

I love it, I need some help winding up Fed fans. I wish I could give this thread 5 stars like old 606.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue 21 Jan 2014, 8:29 pm

Marc Rosset or Jakob Hlasek. The Basel Bungler/Swiss Shanker is a product of the Wee Keira. Irrefutable. Salutations (too). Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 21 Jan 2014, 8:39 pm

I used to love all this but you're playing with fire if you endorse it. Once you start it's hard to stop.

Let me know if it's all-clear, I can write brilliant stuff on this theme when I'm bored and just want to upset people as a diversion. Happily that doesn't feel very attractive or intelligent.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 21 Jan 2014, 9:03 pm

It's not all-clear. This thread lets everyone have a laugh, but it should be a one-off.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 21 Jan 2014, 9:09 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:It's not all-clear. This thread lets everyone have a laugh, but it should be a one-off.
I think that's wise.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Tue 21 Jan 2014, 9:47 pm

I doubt Djokovic feels that way. It only took Federer 3 sets to win this one.

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Tue 21 Jan 2014, 10:01 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:It's not all-clear. This thread lets everyone have a laugh, but it should be a one-off.

Do hope you mean this JHM (ie the one-off bit)

These childish articles (regardless of which players are involved) - not to mention the bizarre use of multiple aliases - have long ago had their day, and are now way more tedious and tiresome than they are amusing  picard 

The world has moved on and, with it, hopefully the new 606. At least that's what potential members were assured when they were first encouraged to sign up.

laverfan - I firmly believe, with respect, that by commenting as you have (8.29pm) you are, to use bogbrush's words, playing with fire and effectively endorsing it, and that once started it's hard to stop.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down