The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronation Cup - 3 June 2011

3 posters

Go down

Coronation Cup - 3 June 2011 Empty Coronation Cup - 3 June 2011

Post by Eyetoldyouso Wed 18 May 2011 - 15:32

If all 15 declared stand their ground, this should be belter. Although I don't think that all 6 A O'Bs will run.
Currently declared:-
Await the Dawn
Campanologist
Cape Blanco
Cavalrayman
Clowance
Dandino
Fame & Glory
Indian Days
Jan Vermeer
Midday
Monterosso
Scalo
So You Think
St Nicholas Abbey
Workforce

Last edited by Eyetoldyouso on Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Coronation Cup - 3 June 2011 Empty Re: Coronation Cup - 3 June 2011

Post by Flyingbolt Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:23

I think AOB will run two.
So You Think would be his best chance in winning it for me but will he run him again between the Tatts & Ascot? He's shown he can do it but just wonder if they will?
St Nicholas Abbey I would think will run from what they said after Chester - just wait and see if he follows that up in better company?
Fame & Glory I think will be saved for the Gold Cup as it will only be less than two weeks away. If SYT doesn't run then unsure from AOB's other three?

Nice to see Midday taking the colts on and the local chinese take-away entry 'Wokforce' looks an interesting selection too? Ok!

Flyingbolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyingbolt Wed 18 May 2011 - 19:49

...ahh...the computer tippex works wonders mate! Yahoo

Flyingbolt

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Wed 18 May 2011 - 20:16

Be amazed if the Obrien entries arent St Nicholas Abbey and a nother.With So You Think and Await The Dawn both earmarked for the Tatts Gold Cup then i cant see them being pulled out 10 days later to do battle again.Fame And Glory might go Savill Beg then Gold Cup and i reckon Jan Vermeer and Cape Blanco will look for slightly softer options for prep runs before a possible clash in the Prince of Wales at Ascot.Workforce is almost certain to go to the Brigadier Gerard and Midday will only run if the ground is right.Doesnt leave a lot does it! I dont think it carries the prestige that it once used to as a race,most of the big stables use it as a starting point en route to the real big Summer pots.Wouldnt touch it with a bargepole antepost and i can see a very small turnout come the day.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Thu 19 May 2011 - 7:33

racingnut
Sadly, I think you will be correct and the race will cut up badly. As you say, not the race it once was. I remember fondly the great races in the 70s.
Flyingbolt
Well spotted Smile

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Thu 19 May 2011 - 19:47

It used to be that the Derby winner returned a year and a day later to try and emulate his Epsom victory as a four year old but those days seem long ago.The nature of the modern day programme means that certain races lose their lustre and unfortunately this is one,the King george for all its had really top class winners over the past decade has lost the strength in depth fields that it used to carry and the paucity of three year old challengers for it in recent times tells you all that you want to know.In my opinion the "Triple Crown" for a staying three year old in this day and age is Epsom Derby,Irish Derby and Arc.Always enjoyed watching the older brigade,how some absolutely bloom the older they get and how undeveloped some horses are when they are "retired".

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down