The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Rumble Booking

5 posters

Go down

Royal Rumble Booking Empty Royal Rumble Booking

Post by Jamwar1 Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:53 pm

The story goes that Pat Patterson came up with the Royal Rumble and booked every one until 2010 until it was joint booked by Triple H who also competed in it and the 2011 was booked by Triple H with PP overlooking and 2012 & 2013 was Triple H alone.
I must say I feel the Rumble is genuinely not that enjoyable under Trips control.
It seems as though he feels the surprise entrants will cause enough of a stir rather than the stories told within the ring.
I personally hope PP get's back involved because the last couple we've just been waiting for the winner and a few cheap pops rather than enjoying the Rumbles of times gone by, where even if we we're told the winner, we had no idea.
The rumble is about the journey not the destination!
Trips give it up.

Jamwar1

Back to top Go down

Royal Rumble Booking Empty Re: Royal Rumble Booking

Post by Samo Fri 06 Dec 2013, 9:04 am

My biggest gripe concerning the Rumble is over the past few years its been put across as 'just another match'. Theres little meaningful buildup to the actual match itself. I miss the days where people would compete for the coveted No. 30 spot. The fact that winning no longer guarantees the Main Event spot takes the glamour away. 2 years running the Rumble winner opened the WM card for the B title.

Hopefully a unified title will fix that.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by royboycropper Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:28 pm

mong head

royboycropper

Back to top Go down

Post by MC6CW Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:56 pm

I think I read yesterday that HHH is officially in control of all creative and booking in WWE.

And yes, I agree devalueing the importance of winning the Rumble as it pertains to Mania is what's really hurting it. The Rumble itself is usually a fine spectacle

MC6CW

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 06 Dec 2013, 9:01 pm

The Rumble certainly was portrayed as more important in years gone by but that may also have been because of J.R. He was able to sell the event beforehand and also carry the hour + match and keep the interest in it. Rather than rambling off in the middle and goofing around he would be able to present the mid card quiet periods as being important rather than a break before another big name...

Turning this around how would you book the Rumble in terms of the following spots:

- Winner
- Runner up
- Longest duration
- Most eliminations
- Opening pair
- Surprise entrant

For me:

- Winner: CM Punk
- Runner up: Roman Reigns
- Longest duration: Roman Reigns
- Most eliminations: Roman Reigns
- Opening pair: Daniel Bryan & Dean Ambrose
- Surprise entrant: Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan

In terms of story I would have Bryan eliminate Ambrose very early leading to Ambrose returning later on (last 5) and kicking Bryan out. This would lead to Bryan v Ambrose at EC. Reigns and Rollins to enter next. Reigns would be the standout of the Rumble, eliminating c. 10 people. He would last from No.3 to the final pair alongside Punk. He would be portrayed as HHH's guy to stop Punk from winning the Rumble. Reigns would be eliminating ensuring Punk in the main event of WM against HHH.

Leading on from this, despite how strong he came across, Reigns would be blamed for defeat, this would lead to the seeds of a Shield breakup being sown. Reigns wouldn't turn heel then, but be the most sympathetic of the three while maintaining his heel persona. The three of them would have a three way match at WM for the US Title. Reigns would win before being cost the title in a rematch v Ambrose the next night. This would lead to an eventual face turn and push.

In terms of surprise entrants, assuming that HHH pushes himself into the active main event I would have Flair come back and lead so some promos between the two "I took a backseat in Evolution, allowed you to be the star, you aren't doing the same..." etc

Would then set up HHH v Punk for WM with Flair, Michaels, McMahon etc all surrounding it.

Cena would be in the Rumble but eliminated in the middle after the Undertaker's gong went off (and Cena was covered in spun.... wait, different gong), distracting him. This would lead to Cena being "chosen" for the WM30 match.

Hogan would be another surprise entrant only for Big Show (now heel - yay!) to attack him before he reached the ring. This would lead to Show v HH at WM in a special attraction match.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down