The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helen Alfredsson

5 posters

Go down

Helen Alfredsson Empty Helen Alfredsson

Post by Davie Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:36 am

Just seen this statement on the Sky Sports website

Sky Sports offered coverage of the Dubai Ladies Masters tournament on Thursday with live pictures and commentary provided by a world feed broadcaster, supported by presentation from our own studios in London.

Sky has no control over the commentary from the event, which is shared by a number of international broadcasters, and we were shocked at the unacceptable comments made by one of the analysts.

As soon as coverage switched back to our studio in London, our presenter David Livingstone apologised and we reiterate our apology for the offence caused by these comments. We have also expressed our strong concerns to the world feed broadcaster.
Anyone know what was said?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Helen Alfredsson Empty Re: Helen Alfredsson

Post by Davie Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:22 am

Well still not found the comments - but perhaps this should be merged with the Elkington thread as apparently it was something about the Glasgow helicopter crash

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:31 am

OK found them - and not sure what to think

Apparently she said she hoped the pilots at the golf tournament were better than those in Glasgow *shrug*

Should she have said it? Possibly not - but is it really that bad? People are screaming to Sky for her to be sacked even though Sky were only taking someone else's commentary

Maybe it depends on the tone of voice she said it - I can't comment on that but seems a bit of overreaction (as usual)

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:19 am

Sounds like people on the lookout to be offended.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:29 am

This is the only link to the story I could find -

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/glasgow-helicopter-crash-sky-news-2894109

Given Sky Sports felt moved to apologise, you have to conclude the above reporting of this (well it is the Daily Record!) can't be far off the mark.  Oh Alfie, how could you stoop so low as to make a joke out of someone else's tragedy.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:57 am

Oh come on Gael. It was just a joke, a bad one, but that's all it was. I'd much rather someone made light of it, than wallowed in some sort of sympathetic mourning as if they were directly affected. If it hadn't have happened in your beloved Scotland there isn't a hope you'd care so much about it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:07 am

super_realist wrote:Oh come on Gael. It was just a joke, a bad one, but that's all it was. I'd much rather someone made light of it, than wallowed in some sort of sympathetic mourning as if they were directly affected. If it hadn't have happened in your beloved Scotland there isn't a hope you'd care so much about it.

In full wind-up mode tonight I see.  How tiresome.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:15 am

No, I just think people over-react rather too easily these days in terms of throwaway comments.

Yes, it was a tragic event and Alfredsson hasn't been too bright, but it shouldn't elicit any more than a groan among the viewers.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:08 am

gaelgowfer wrote:Given Sky Sports felt moved to apologise....
Since when has that been a valid barometer? Sky are so scared of upsetting people that they will jump on any bandwagon .. and though I didn't see it, it makes me shiver to think how the awful David Livingstone simpered and grovelled

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:46 am

You would have to ignore a load of actually offensive stuff in the world to care about that comment.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:10 am

Theres a lot more offensive things that take place in the world that a small crashIn a small country is pretty minor. And if I was to ever get in a helicopter I'd hope it's pilot is better then the guy who crashed into a pub. Have people stopped joking about Hitler ? Anyway rip nelson Mandela

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:25 am

McLaren wrote:You would have to ignore a load of actually offensive stuff in the world to care about that comment.
I'm not surprised at the fake solemness Mac, have you ever seen how the regional news tries to claim anything and pad it out to outrageous lengths of anything if it has even the most tenuous of Scottish links.

I cannot stand the parochial nature of local news. I also don't need to see the local weather immediately after I've seen the national one. Nothing is different, and both usually as wrong as one another. Complete waste of licence payers money, and/or tax payers as the Met Office is state owned.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum