The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planet rugby weekend predictions

5 posters

Go down

Planet rugby weekend predictions Empty Planet rugby weekend predictions

Post by maestegmafia Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:27 pm

From planet rugbys website

It is that time of the week again when we put our reputation on the line and give you our predictions for the Test action over the weekend.

The November Internationals enter into their third weekend as both hemispheres continue to do battle against one another, creating plenty of attractive betting opportunities.

Let's get started.

November Tests:

England v New Zealand:

Few are expecting England to replicate their heroics from last year at Twickenham, priced at 13/2 for the win, as New Zealand arrive at 1/9. England won by a margin of 17 points last year and to do the same again is priced at 22/1 (win by 13 points or more). Should England trail at half-time but then win the odds are 16/1, with New Zealand at 6/1 for the reverse. Chris Ashton (16/1) has only three tries in his last 19 Tests but offers good odds as a first try scorer, but England are more likely to score first through a forward such as Billy Vunipola (22/1). Julian Savea feels like a must-bet with Paddy Power for the first try at 7/1.England's scrum gives them an opening, but New Zealand are too clinical and inspired by Carter's landmark will be focused on rewarding him with a win and to gain revenge for last year. New Zealand by 10.

Scotland v South Africa:

Sunday's encounter will be the 24th Test match between the two sides, with Scotland emerging victorious on just five occasions. With the Scots minus several key players, and a strong Springbok side named, we like a winning margin of 11-15 points for the visitors at 4/1. Adriaan Strauss grabbed a brace of tries in this fixture last year, and added to his international tally in the recent Rugby Championship. A punt on him to grab the game's first five-pointer is attractive at 18/1 with number eight Duane Vermeulen also listed at the same odds. Despite the presence of Al Strokosch and Jim Hamilton who so badgered the Boks when the sides met in Nelspruit back in June, it is tough to see the Scots coping with either the visitors' outright physicality or the clinical finishing of a vastly experienced backline. South Africa by 13.

Ireland v Australia:

This is a clash with more to it than an outright battle between the Irish pack and the Wallaby backline. A win in the cauldron that is a packed Aviva Stadium would be a big boost to the Aussies' fragile confidence, and though they have the attributes for victory, we don't expect them to come away with a result. With that in mind, a winning margin for the hosts of 6-10 points is a tad adventurous, but worth the risk at 6/1. The ever-outstanding Israel Folau is listed a very generous 9/1 to score first, with an outside bet on Ireland's Sean O'Brien to bag the game's opening try at 16/1 also good value. We think if the Irish are able to stifle playmaker Quade Cooper, their forwards will do the rest, and they'll record a narrow six point victory. Ireland by 6.

Wales v Argentina:

The Pumas are 7/2 to win at the Millennium Stadium but have not beaten a Tier One nation all year. 26-12 winners last year, another win for Argentina by 13 points or more is available at 16/1. Wales will be hungry to bounce back after last week's loss to the Springboks, with a win by 11-15 points at 5/1 feeling conceivable given the Pumas' poor run of form. New uncapped centre Cory Allen, into the side for Jonathan Davies, is a first try scorer bet at 12/1. 19-year-old Santiago Cordero is 16/1 for Argentina to do the same on his first start. No repeat of 2012 expected here in Cardiff. Wales by 8.

Other SuperBru November International Predictions:

Japan v Russia: Japan by 6
Georgia v USA: USA by 5
Italy v Fiji: Italy by 12
France v Tonga: France by 20
Romania v Canada: Romania by 6
Uruguay v Spain: Spain by 8
French Barbarians v Samoa: French Barbarians by 5

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Planet rugby weekend predictions Empty Re: Planet rugby weekend predictions

Post by Cyril Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:39 pm

Romania beating Canada by 6 is an odd call (even if Romania are at home).

Who is playing for the French Baa Baas v Samoa? Should be an interesting game. Is it televised?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:44 pm

Pretty good team for the French BaaBaas;

Pour les Barbarians Français :
1.Jean-Baptiste Poux (Union Bègles-Bordeaux), 2.Brice Mach (Castres), 3.David Attoub (Stade Français), 4.Christophe Samson (Castres), 5.Robins Tchale-Watchou (Montpellier), 6.Gerhard Vosloo (Clermont), 7. Pierre Rabadan (Stade Français), 8. Julien Bonnaire (Clermont), 9. Henie Adams (Bordeaux), 10. François Trinh-Duc (Montpellier), 11. David Smith (Toulon), 12. Rémi Lamerat (Castres), 13.Aurélien Rougerie (Clermont) – Capitaine, 14. Sitiveni Sivivatu (Clermont), 15. Alexis Palisson (Toulon)

Remplaçants :
16. Rémi Bonfils (Stade Français), 17. Kenan Mutapčić (Grenoble), 18. Aretz Iguiniz (Bayonne), 19.Thibault Lassalle (Oyonnax), 20. Jonathan Best (Grenoble), 21. Valentin Courrent (Grenoble), 22. David Skrela (Colomiers), 23. Silvère Tian (Oyonnax)

Pour les Samoa :

1.Viliamu Afatia (Agen) , 2.Ti’i Paulo (Clermont), 3.James Jonsthon (Saracens), 4.Piula Faasalele (Castres), Isoefa Tekori (Toulouse), 6.Alafoti Faosiliva (Bath), 7.Jack Lam (Hurricanes), 8.Faifili Levave (Hurricanes), 9.Jeremy Sua (Worcester), 10.Kahn Fotualii (Northampton - CAP), 11.Brando Vaaulu (Tokyo Gas), 12.John Leota (Sale Sharks), 13.Isaia Tuifua ( Taranaki), 14.Alapati Leiua (Hurricanes), 15.Faatoina Autagavaia (Marist St. Joseph's)

Remplaçants :
16.Ole Avei (Bordeaux), 17.Anthony Perenise (Bath), 18.Benjamin Sa (Bordeaux), 19.Teofilo Paulo (Cardiff), 20.Ofisa Treviranus (London Irish), 21.Patrick Faapale, 22.Sinoti Sinoti (Wellington), 23.Ken Pisi (Northampton)
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:47 pm

Eng v NZ - England by less than 5 (Can't help myself)

Sco v SA - Unfortunately SA by 5+

Ire v Aus - Aus by 5+

Wales v Arg - Wales by 10. (Perhaps more)

Japan v Russia: Japan by some
Georgia v USA: USA by ?
Italy v Fiji: Italy by ?
France v Tonga: France by 15+
Romania v Canada: Canada, I think.
Uruguay v Spain: I don't know TBH.
French Barbarians v Samoa: France by 15+

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:50 pm

Thanks for the teams, Notch. I guess I could have googled them myself if I wasn't such a lazy beggar.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 16 Nov 2013, 11:51 am

I wonder what the odds are like for home wins for all six nations teams today?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 16 Nov 2013, 11:54 am

maestegmafia wrote:I wonder what the odds are like for home wins for all six nations teams today?
10000000000/1?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 16 Nov 2013, 12:05 pm

nathan wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:I wonder what the odds are like for home wins for all six nations teams today?
10000000000/1?
Certainly a lot less likely than away wins for all sides.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down