The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Eurovision Song Contest 2012........ held in Asia.

+5
Corporalhumblebucket
scfc1992
GG
MR. scotland27
Stealth Maestro Agro Love
9 posters

Go down

Welcome to the Eurovision Song Contest 2012........ held in Asia. Empty Welcome to the Eurovision Song Contest 2012........ held in Asia.

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Sun 15 May 2011, 12:59 pm

HOW?! How on earth could Azerbaijan have won it? It was the worst song of the lot of them! (Barring possibly Lithuania)

Naturally, everyone voted for their beloved neighbours again, but with some far more spectacular and just generally better performances than Azerbaijan, you just have to wonder why on earth anyone voted for them.

Speaking of big performances, Jedward got into the spirit of things brilliantly. Completely out of sync with each other, but when they're doing flips and jumps and generally giving it their all you just had to hope they'd get in the Top 3. They looked like they might make it at first but then we got Estonia, Russia, Bosnia, Serbia e.t.c. voting and you knew that was it for them.

Blue were rubbish on the night. A shame, because the song isn't completely awful. We've had much worse though and to get 100 points without the aid of neighbouring country votes that everyone else except Ireland has it's a great total. Even Ireland didn't give us 12 points though!

Personally I rather wanted Moldova or Ireland to win, but alas, both were thwarted by the utter tripe coming from Azerbaijan.

Did anyone else watch it? Did anyone actually feel that Azerbaijan should have won?

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Eurovision Song Contest 2012........ held in Asia. Empty Re: Welcome to the Eurovision Song Contest 2012........ held in Asia.

Post by MR. scotland27 Sun 15 May 2011, 1:01 pm

Stealth Maestro Agro Love wrote:HOW?! How on earth could Azerbaijan have won it? It was the worst song of the lot of them! (Barring possibly Lithuania)

Did you see Maldova?
🤦
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Eurovision Song Contest 2012........ held in Asia. Empty Re: Welcome to the Eurovision Song Contest 2012........ held in Asia.

Post by GG Sun 15 May 2011, 1:02 pm

why do you care? its a load of rubbish

Last edited by Enforcer on Sun 15 May 2011, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please don't try to beat the swear filter)

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Sun 15 May 2011, 1:02 pm

MR. scotland27 wrote:
Stealth Maestro Agro Love wrote:HOW?! How on earth could Azerbaijan have won it? It was the worst song of the lot of them! (Barring possibly Lithuania)

Did you see Maldova?
🤦
That was brilliant!!!! I always love the nutters. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Sun 15 May 2011, 1:04 pm

hahaha fair enough
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by scfc1992 Sun 15 May 2011, 3:38 pm

If the best singer won it would have been France, with ease.

scfc1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 15 May 2011, 4:16 pm

At least the horrendous Swiss song gathered few votes Whistle

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 15 May 2011, 7:18 pm

Did anyone else watch it? Did anyone actually feel that Azerbaijan should have won?

I would have watched it but had to miss it this year as I attended a friend's birthday party.

I got home just in time to see the final votes coming in.

I've been so busy recently that I hadn't had time to listen to any entries other than our own, which I didn't think was anything special.

I was expecting Azerbaijan's song to be something really good........but it was one of the worst songs I've ever heard in Eurovision.....I thought it was shockingly bad!

I like Eurovision.........the political voting spoils it but it's still fun to watch.......I missTerry Wogan since he gave it up......he was hilarious.

How did Graham Norton do last night? Terry Wogan was a tough act for him to follow.

I don't know if the chat box was opened for it but next year I'll make sure I'm here and we'll have a Eurovision party : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Sun 15 May 2011, 7:19 pm

Graham Norton was actually pretty funny laughing
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 15 May 2011, 7:28 pm

MR. scotland27 wrote:Graham Norton was actually pretty funny laughing

Thanks MR

I might try and watch some of it on iplayer if I get time......I like Graham Norton......he seems a genuinely nice person.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 15 May 2011, 7:42 pm

Norton was alright when he was bothering to watch it, a couple of times it was clear he hdn't seen that the UK had already got 5 points yet he was saying I wonder if they'd get 12 off the judge.
And towards the end it was already clear that Azerbaijan could not be caught points wise yet it took him ages to work that out.
Saying that though he's a 100 times better than Wogan.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Sun 15 May 2011, 7:51 pm

I think that Charlie Brooker should host it next year. He tweets throughout the event were priceless.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 15 May 2011, 8:02 pm

Keith Lemon!

Seriously how much fun would it be with Lemon doing a UK voice over.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sun 15 May 2011, 8:39 pm

He was on the piano for one of the songs actually!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2011, 2:26 pm

charlie brooker would be funny commentating on it..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down