The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The v2 Wrestling Podcast 11th September 2013: Anderson Turns, Edge Doesn't Draw A Dime, and The Radicalz Get What They Give

+2
Dr Gregory House MD
crippledtart
6 posters

Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast 11th September 2013: Anderson Turns, Edge Doesn't Draw A Dime, and The Radicalz Get What They Give Empty The v2 Wrestling Podcast 11th September 2013: Anderson Turns, Edge Doesn't Draw A Dime, and The Radicalz Get What They Give

Post by crippledtart Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:11 pm

Another exciting edition of the v2 Wrestling Podcast is now available from www.v2wrestling.podomatic.com

Part One, as ever, centres on TNA, specifically the first time in years that a Mr Anderson turn has actually been newsworthy. The Bound For Glory Series is also discussed, as the tournament is whittled down to a final four. And if you like TNA, we've got a treat for you later in the week, as v2 Wrestling has secured an exclusive interview with none other than Austin Aries!

In Part Two, we move on to WWE. It's Night of Champions this weekend, and Daniel Bryan has finally got the upper hand on the evil empire, but is that the kiss of death for his title hopes on Sunday? Plus, the wisdom of Triple H is once again questioned after his promo on Raw. And what does the future hold for The Shield?

The conversation takes a slightly bizarre turn in Part Three, where we talk about The Radicalz, often mistaken for a late 90s pop group. Who was the star of the group? How good a wrestler was Chris Benoit? Did Perry Saturn look like someone from a 1970s gay bar?

Listen to the v2 Wrestling Podcast to find out!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast 11th September 2013: Anderson Turns, Edge Doesn't Draw A Dime, and The Radicalz Get What They Give Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast 11th September 2013: Anderson Turns, Edge Doesn't Draw A Dime, and The Radicalz Get What They Give

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:15 am

Enjoyable as always guys, though I just about threw my laptop against the wall in rage when Hero insinuated the Y2J is better than any of the Radicalz :p

If I'm honest I can see the argument for him being a better all round package the Benoit, Malenko and Saturn but for me he's not in Guerrero's league

I've made my views on Guerrero clear before, and for me his death has hurt his legacy as it gives a lazy excuse for people to chuck out to those who rate him, for me he's probably a top 7-10 atg all rounder, he excelled in the ring, not just in WWE/WCW/ECW but with his work in Japan and Mexico, where his match with Art Barr against de Santo and Octagon is probably my favourite lucha match of all time (not that I'm a huge fan of lucha), he was brilliant on the mic, both as a face and a heel, comedy and serious, he toe'd the line with a shades of grey gimmick that could have fallen as a stereotypical parody, made it work and became one of the most universally beloved faces WWE had in the 00's, marks against him were he was never a top star in a boom period in wrestling, he had a time at the top that was short lived due to his personal issues but WWE's business was in decline at that point anyways.

The most important thing for Guerrero about me anyways, was that he made me cry, it has only happened a few times for me in wrestling that I've become so invested, and so passionate about a wrestler that seeing them scale the top of the mountain is enough to break me (and I didn't even watch the match live), but Guerrero vs Lesnar had that effect on me, and will remain one of my favourites of all time.

I'm interested to hear what Crips was trying to say about me when he was talked over, I'm sure he was offering me his unconditional support.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast 11th September 2013: Anderson Turns, Edge Doesn't Draw A Dime, and The Radicalz Get What They Give Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast 11th September 2013: Anderson Turns, Edge Doesn't Draw A Dime, and The Radicalz Get What They Give

Post by Adam D Fri 13 Sep 2013, 7:14 am

I would also like to think that some of the segments that I have been involved in on the podcast have brought you to tears as well.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 13 Sep 2013, 7:46 am

Dirt sheets are reporting Ken Anderson is leaving TNA this month.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:32 am

Why did you want to spoil my Friday?

Youve known about this all week I bet!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:49 am

Please tell me he is returning to WWE!! I loved Mr Kennedy!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:21 am

I can see this being one of two things:

1. TNA are pretending someones contract is about to expire in an effort to gain some exposure.
2. His contract is about to expire and they've decided to do something with him for the first time in ages.

Either way that sounds like a typical TNA thing to do and is yet another reason for people not to care about the product.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:43 am

I really enjoyed the show this week. Full of firsts and fun!

And although the ending was seamless, it was totally unplanned!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 15 Sep 2013, 1:35 pm

Just listened back to part 3 and it was brilliant!

The introduction of Chris was of particular genius!

I have just updated the site so you can listen there if you like - http://v2journal.com/23/post/2013/09/v2-wrestling-podcast-11th-september.html

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down