The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie Hearn - Whats your opinion on him now?

+13
Strongback
The Terror of Tylorstown
mobilemaster8
YDKSAB
KingMonkey
milkyboy
RatBoy66
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
Nico the gman
AlexHuckerby
bhb001
Steffan
17 posters

Go down

Eddie Hearn - Whats your opinion on him now? Empty Eddie Hearn - Whats your opinion on him now?

Post by Steffan Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:24 pm

After the disgrace that was Burns v Beltran many people are pointing the blame at Eddie

Do you agree with this?

Is he still good for boxing even if you dont like him?

Do you think he is top bloke?

Your thoughts as always are welcome

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Eddie Hearn - Whats your opinion on him now? Empty Re: Eddie Hearn - Whats your opinion on him now?

Post by bhb001 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:27 pm

Far too early to say. Let's see if he still matches his boxers competatively or whether this experience makes him take a more frank-like position when matching them.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Eddie Hearn - Whats your opinion on him now? Empty Re: Eddie Hearn - Whats your opinion on him now?

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:29 pm

He didn't pay off the judges, one of his fighters got a gift of a decision, not his fault.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:32 pm

Without Eddie Hearns all roads lead to Frank Warren god forbid.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:34 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:He didn't pay off the judges, one of his fighters got a gift of a decision, not his fault.
I dont think people are saying he paid of the judges I think its just the 'top promoter influence' that people think was involved like when Lennox got robbed against Holyfield in the first fight people were pointing the blame at Don King

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:50 pm

I'm still a fan, or as much as I ever could be a 'fan' of any promoter. Over the past two years or so he's done a very, very good job by most of his fighters and has delivered to us some very impressive bills, and the poor result the other night doesn't change that.

To be honest, I thought he handled Kugan's questions (that's the only interview I've seen on him since Saturday night as things stand) for iFilm London relatively well before he crossed my own pet hate line of claiming that an away fighter needs to be the home fighter more convincingly than vice versa, which always gets on my nerves to say the least.

Aside from that, he was fairly open in admitting that he thought Beltran had won it, that Burns in no way deserved to run out a victor, and that maybe, just maybe, he could see it as a draw. We all know that, in reality, this translates as "I knew Beltran had won it, to the point where a draw, actually, can't really be justified, but that my fighter had still made it a competitive enough fight to save some face." And to be honest, that's about as good as you can really hope for from a promoter who has a vested interest in one of the combatants.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:53 pm

Thing about Hearn is that he seems to be a sports fan like his Dad........

Warren seems to be a businessman first.. fan second..........I'm sure Cleverly wouldn't have fought the guy he lost too If it was up to Warren......

Best to forget what people say in the heat of the moment.......

Calm reflection is the time to note opinion........

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by RatBoy66 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:55 pm

Steffan wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:He didn't pay off the judges, one of his fighters got a gift of a decision, not his fault.
I dont think people are saying he paid of the judges I think its just the 'top promoter influence' that people think was involved like when Lennox got robbed against Holyfield in the first fight people were pointing the blame at Don King
And they, probably, should have been pointing the finger at Don King. Eugenia Williams, allegedly, had her mortgage paid off by Don King weeks before the fight. Quite how true that story is, I don't know, but I remember reading it at the time and thinking it highly likely.

RatBoy66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:56 pm

Your just bitter, that clev didn't go to Eddie, Steff. He might have got kovalev disqualified for serious foul play... Assaulting the champion..something like that

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:56 pm

As Don King said after Lennox v Holyfield 1. 'A draw is a great result...now we all have a rematch to look forward to' Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:58 pm

milkyboy wrote:Your just bitter, that clev didn't go to Eddie, Steff. He might have got kovalev disqualified for serious foul play... Assaulting the champion..something like that
Everyone knows Cleverlys jaw was broke in round 2. How he managed to get to round 4 we will never know. He was real winner of that fight showing courage like that...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:59 pm

milkyboy wrote:Your just bitter, that clev didn't go to Eddie, Steff. He might have got kovalev disqualified for serious foul play... Assaulting the champion..something like that
That's very good..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:00 pm

The Kugan Cassius interview was decent enough but that really is a select audience and Eddie knows it. His Sky interview immediately after the fight was far more tight lipped.

I like Hearn and he's done a good job but Saturday night felt like it had his fingerprints all over it so for me, a fair bit of goodwill was lost. Businesswise he may have shot himself in the foot too, especially if Burns is done. That said, I'll be buying tickets off him for Froch-Groves so I could well be accused of double standards!

So long as we don't see any more nonsense like Saturday he'll be ok in my book. Yes we want to see competitive fights but we want to see fair results too.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:01 pm

Hearn is a smack talking b1tch who want to be a big dawg in a small kennell. Listen to the fool talk he makes about Froch being the best and he wont let the guy fight outside the UK. Now we KNOW why. Only fighters he going to send to AMERICA are the ones he sending to get slaughtered so he can get FAT from their beating. Send your FAKE CHAMPS Burns or Froch to the U.S instead of milking them to the brits and saying they are the BEST. Whats the matter Hearn dont you have any JUDGES in the U.S that can do you no favours??? Stay in Britain fool with your chump champs. Hearn you dont have one REAL world champ. People who UNDERSTAND boxing KNOW this.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:11 pm

Steffan wrote:
Everyone knows Cleverlys jaw was broke in round 2. How he managed to get to round 4 we will never know. He was real winner of that fight showing courage like that...
Agreed... alphabet belts are meaningless and soon forgotten. But a moral victory is a source of pride to last a lifetime. Good on ya clev.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:31 pm

Pretty sure he paid off Gonzalez as well as Beltran.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:34 pm

Of course because he must make so much money from Burns to make it worth while.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 11:20 pm

Course he does. He loses against Gonzalez and he loses a world champion who sells put big arenas in Scotland and has a massive fan base there.

Its not as bad as losing Froch for example, but still, Burns is a "world" champion and as Beltran stated, and investment. If he recovers from the pounding the other night and fights on, he may have a money spinner with Crawford stateside at MSG which will be a career high payday for him along with a nice wedge in Hearns pocket.

If he lost to Gonzalez, that wouldn't of happened. Neither would the Beltran fught ehich

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 11:21 pm

Sorry....

neither would the Beltran fight which sold very well, generated a lot of interest and a decent view count.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Mon 09 Sep 2013, 11:31 pm

So he gets two guys to beat his fighter up and lose, yes that makes perfect sense.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 10 Sep 2013, 12:08 am

Eddie has set himself up really. He decided he wanted to be a fan favorite and has chose to popularize himself and Matchroom with a heavy social media campaign. He posts on Twitter most days and through iFilm London keeps the fans happy with his silver tongued patter.

Hearn has been incredibly successful and as we all know what goes up must come down. Eddie was always going to suffer a backlash because he's been so Fast Car and he promised so much. Nobody is actually that good. The begrudgers are always waiting in the showdows.

My personal gripe is that Eddie blows with the wind. He's taken a few pages out of Alastair Campbell's book of spin. Eddie makes decisions and gives press statements based on the opinion of the people on Twitter and the boxing forums. This has become very obvious. His opinion on the Beltran fight took an about turn once he opened his Twitter page to see a torrent of abuse aimed his way accusing him of all sorts of wrong doings.

I personally think Hearn is more cynical than he likes people to think. In reality Hearn is a boxing promoter and as such can never really be seen as being that great a guy because over time he will have to be that scorpion that is the very nature of every promoter. I think a bit of foul play took place last Saturday. As we inevitably see more of this I think we will see Fast Car Eddie's nice guy image taking a crash.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 10 Sep 2013, 9:09 am

One dodgy result and suddenly the guy's the anti-christ?

I won't lie, I hate Sky's coverage of Matchroom fights, I hate that Matchroom is syndicated on Sky, but in 3 years he's got a number of his fighters a number of Title shots and got them exposure in America...

Frank gets his fighters on the WBO books and keeps them fighting in leisure centres.

As for the scoring, I wouldn't put blame on Hearn, remember, dodgy scoring happens EVERYWHERE. Top Rank, GBP, Sauerland and of course, over here... it's just the increasing rate of pure robberies that are noticed more.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:03 am

How can you blame Eddie for the result? Retarded point.

And he's backed/excused his fighter, SHOCK HORROR, however if he did an ODLH and ran over to the Beltran camp and tried to sign him up people would complain about that instead. Also, he's said Ricky lost. Admitted it. So get over yourselves.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:05 am

YDKSAB wrote:Hearn is a smack talking b1tch who want to be a big dawg in a small kennell. Listen to the fool talk he makes about Froch being the best and he wont let the guy fight outside the UK. Now we KNOW why. Only fighters he going to send to AMERICA are the ones he sending to get slaughtered so he can get FAT from their beating. Send your FAKE CHAMPS Burns or Froch to the U.S instead of milking them to the brits and saying they are the BEST. Whats the matter Hearn dont you have any JUDGES in the U.S that can do you no favours??? Stay in Britain fool with your chump champs. Hearn you dont have one REAL world champ. People who UNDERSTAND boxing KNOW this.
Can't wait until you get banned for being a complete and utter special.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 10 Sep 2013, 8:08 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Pretty sure he paid off Gonzalez as well as Beltran.
Are you even from this planet?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 10 Sep 2013, 8:30 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:Pretty sure he paid off Gonzalez as well as Beltran.
Are you even from this planet?
Paid him off mid fight apparently, according to some muppets.

I can see the plan now... Lets bring someone over and have him slap Ricky about for 7 rounds. Then lets make an offer to his corner, mid fight, for him to throw in the towel. All the while he has absolutely no proof that Hearn would pay him, and it also ignores the simple, yet crucial, matter of making him the offer in the first place. Does Hearn just walk up to him and offer him 100k. And let's for one minute imagine that he can't be bought and reports Hearn to the authorities.

Dear dear me.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Tue 10 Sep 2013, 9:38 pm

Sounds like a very feasible theory if you ask me...

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Thu 12 Sep 2013, 2:45 am

Look at the absolute SHEEEETTTT this chump Hearn smack talks. Burns best scotland fighter EVER!?? BS. The dude ROBS people and is a FAKE champ. You CHUMP Hearn YDKSAB. Next he be saying Carl Froch best EVER UK fighter. Hearn treating UK fight fans like FOOLS.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 12 Sep 2013, 2:04 pm

YDKSAB wrote:Look at the absolute SHEEEETTTT this chump Hearn smack talks. Burns best scotland fighter EVER!?? BS. The dude ROBS people and is a FAKE champ. You CHUMP Hearn YDKSAB. Next he be saying Carl Froch best EVER UK fighter. Hearn treating UK fight fans like FOOLS.
Care to elaborate on what SHEEEETTTT is ?

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:38 am

YDKSAB wrote:Look at the absolute SHEEEETTTT this chump Hearn smack talks. Burns best scotland fighter EVER!?? BS. The dude ROBS people and is a FAKE champ. You CHUMP Hearn YDKSAB. Next he be saying Carl Froch best EVER UK fighter. Hearn treating UK fight fans like FOOLS.
oh do frak off you silly little twerp

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down