The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Current Heavyweights Better Than Chisora...

+13
Rodney
mobilemaster8
The Terror of Tylorstown
TopHat24/7
seanmichaels
bellchees
RanjitPatel
Adam D
Rowley
bhb001
J.Benson II
AlexHuckerby
shenglongreturns
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

10 Current Heavyweights Better Than Chisora... Empty 10 Current Heavyweights Better Than Chisora...

Post by shenglongreturns Wed 14 Aug 2013, 11:50 am

Reading all the hype surrounding Dereck Chisora and some recent articles portraying him as having the ability to grace the Heavyweight scene in the top 20 of any era!

I have decided to compile a list of current heavies that would beat Chisroa IMO, and how they would win.

1) Wlad Klitschko - Unlike his elder brother I feel Wlad Klitschko, would finish the job, after about 6/7 rounds of frustrating jabbing by Chisora, I feel Wlad would land that huge right and Dereck would fall over with an inability to beat the count. Wlad Klitschko KO 8th

2) Vitali Klitschko - After outpointing Del Boy in the first fight, I think the re-match would end even worse off for the Brit. Vitali will have learned alot from his first showing and I dont think Chisora could put out another performance similar to the first. A barrage of punches stopping it late on, after an over confident Chisora has utilised all his energy early on. V Klitschko KO 9th

3) David Haye - Another meeting of the two Brits would end in similar fashion, The Hayemaker, has too much guile and ring craft, dancing around the plodding Chisora, picking his shots with his trademark fast hands and finishing the job with devestating effect. D Haye KO 8th

4) Alexander Povetkin - The regular WBA champion would outwork Dereck in a closely contested battle, The intelligent Russian would defend his title by a unanimous points decision in similar fashion to his victory over Marco Huck. Povetkin UD

5) Kubrat Pulev - The 32 year old European champion would win a fairly even contest with explosive power showing in the latter rounds. The Bulgarian is famous for coming on stronger late on and a tiring Chissy would be all at sea. Pulev KO 11th

6) Tony Thompson - The American veteran who has only lost to the best in the division, would prove once again why he is ahead of many other heavyweights by dealing with Chisora early on, Thompson's underrated power and experience would show as Chisora's mistakes are punished in an easy night for the Yank. Thompson KO 4th

7) Deontay Wilder - The rising star Wilder would use his typical brut force to dispose of Chisora in the early rounds, obviously a step up for the American powerhouse, but an opponent that Wilder could handle IMO, Chisora would be KO'd in devestating fashion early on in the bout as so many have done so previously. Wilder KO 2nd

8) Mike Perez - The Cuban-Irish fighter is heavily avoided on the heavyweight scene but is feared for a reason, Perez has a devastating KO ratio and would extend that run here as the heavyhanded Rebel would dispose of Chisora late on after both fighters had tasted the canvas. Perez KO 10th

9) Tyson Fury - Having already beaten Chisora, albeit an unfit version, I feel that the Fury from those days has improved as well, not just in fitness but ability. In a fight opposite to the first one, this barnstormer would have both fighters on the canvas but Fury's ability to get back up and strive forward would see him win again as the referee puts an end to this blood bath in the 9th. Fury 9th

10) Tomasz Adamek - The former two weight world champ would edge this in a points decision, having that little more experience and instinct. Although Chisora may have claimed a few rounds, this crafty Pole would prove too much as the judeges would rule in his favour. Adamek SD

So theres my list of some of the heavies that would beat Mr Chisora in what has been described as a pretty poor Heavyweight era....

Thoughts.

shenglongreturns

Back to top Go down

10 Current Heavyweights Better Than Chisora... Empty Re: 10 Current Heavyweights Better Than Chisora...

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:13 pm

Chisora for me on that list beats Tony Thompson, Adamek, and personally I reckon he beats Fury in a rematch. Others youre probably right, only one that I see as outlandish is Thompson taking Chisora out in 4.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

10 Current Heavyweights Better Than Chisora... Empty Re: 10 Current Heavyweights Better Than Chisora...

Post by shenglongreturns Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:18 pm

Just feel Thompo is underrated, and with his age knows he needs early KO's...but thank you for your feedback Alex.

shenglongreturns

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:19 pm

I guess you could add Stiverne, Solis and possibly Boytsov to that list.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglongreturns Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:21 pm

Yeah there were a few others considered Benson.

Seth Mitchell? Johnathon Banks? ...Perhaps not a win but would run Chissy pretty close....

shenglongreturns

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:21 pm

Mike Perez is probably a stretch for me, but I also reckon Fury is a better than even chance of beating Chisora in a rematch. Thompson also has too much experience for Chisora.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:22 pm

J.Benson II wrote:I guess you could add Stiverne, Solis and possibly Boytsov to that list.
Has a sturdy enough ring been built to accomodate Solis and Chisora at the same time, if they both adopt one of their more "relaxed" training regimes?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglongreturns Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:28 pm

Cant really debate your Perez point as he doesnt have anything on his CV other than an unbeaten record to use as my evidence, but from wtching Mike's career closely he does devestate his opponents, (apart from a laboured victory over Zack Page)...its inactivity that really stops Perez being in the mix.

But I can assure you the lad has bags of talent.

shenglongreturns

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:37 pm

I reckon that Chis would take out both Mitchell and Banks easily. I reckon he could face them both at the same time and win.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglongreturns Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:39 pm

Adam D: And your basing this on?

shenglongreturns

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:41 pm

The fact that the Banks Mitchell fight was an absolute stinker.

Banks gassed after the third round and Mitchell couldnt finish him.

If it s one thing we know about Chis, its that he has a good chin and good engine. He would take either of these two. As I think wilder would too.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:50 pm

shenglongreturns wrote:Cant really debate your Perez point as  he doesnt have anything on his CV other than an unbeaten record to use as my evidence, but from wtching Mike's career closely he does devestate his opponents, (apart from a laboured victory over Zack Page)...its inactivity that really stops Perez being in the mix.

But I can assure you the lad has bags of talent.
One disagreement out of ten ain't bad, though!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:51 pm

Chisora would show up Thompson for what he is, a slow old man who's being massively overrated on the back of David Prices failings.
Chisora goes 12 with Vitali, Helenius and Fury (and put in a good showing in 2 and many believe he could and beat Fury in shape) but Thompson ko's him in 4. Cant understand that logic.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglongreturns Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:11 pm

I respect your opinion Ranjit, but fail to understand how you came to this conclusion about "Old man" Thompson who has only lost to the best in the division?

As I stated before Thompo must KO early as he knows age is a factor, as you so delicately put it.

shenglongreturns

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:22 pm

Wlad is also the only top ten he has fought, Pianeta and Wach have only lost to the best in the division but until they fight some people in and around the top ten its hard to gauge how good they are, who has Thompson actually beat other than Price?

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglongreturns Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:39 pm

Good point well made Bellchees, but we can only go with our opinions, as any time Chisora fights a top ten heavy he has faultered as well....but given that Tony has fought 41 fights (granted due to his age), including two world title fights and 2 world title eliminators amongst others, at this point in time you must admit his experience gives him an edge....

I dont want to be predantic but some of Thompsons opponents when he fought them (not now of course) were in deed in the top ten....but I wont bore you with the details...

shenglongreturns

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:42 pm

shenglongreturns wrote:Good point well made Bellchees, but we can only go with our opinions, as any time Chisora fights a top ten heavy he has faultered as well....
He lost to Vitali but gave him his hardest night since Lewis. Haye fight was nip and tuck until the KO as well.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglongreturns Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:42 pm

How does Wilder get tests without taking these type fights? There have been quite a few occassions that Mr Chisora hasn't been too far away from the cookie jar himself.....

shenglongreturns

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:44 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
shenglongreturns wrote:Good point well made Bellchees, but we can only go with our opinions, as any time Chisora fights a top ten heavy he has faultered as well....
He lost to Vitali but gave him his hardest night since Lewis. Haye fight was nip and tuck until the KO as well.
nip and tuck??! Erm

for the 20 secs Haye gassed at the end of each round it was close, not for a second outside of then though.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:45 pm

shenglongreturns wrote:Good point well made Bellchees, but we can only go with our opinions, as any time Chisora fights a top ten heavy he has faultered as well....but given that Tony has fought 41 fights (granted due to his age), including two world title fights and 2 world title eliminators amongst others, at this point in time you must admit his experience gives him an edge....

I dont want to be predantic but some of Thompsons opponents when he fought them (not now of course) were in deed in the top ten....but I wont bore you with the details...
The only top ten guy was Wlad unless you mean the organisational rankings which don't mean anything.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglongreturns Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:49 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Yeah thats one way of looking at it, others would say that Vitali was always in control and the 118-110 score cards would suggest the same too. Others also felt that Haye was never out of control of the fight either, but each to their own.

shenglongreturns

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:00 pm

Id probably disagree (if we are basing this on a hungry and fit Chisora) with Fury, Thompson, Adamek.

Too big for Adamek for a start, he pressures fighters and works the body, speed can only go so far and lets be honest, Adamek does not have the punching power to stop Chisora. Chisora via UD or LKO.

Thompson is too old, once pressured and hit to the body, he will tire. He may not get stopped but i think Chisora outworks him to a UD.

Tyson Fury is a complete Hypejob who Chisora nearly stopped in only the second round when the fought. A fully fit Del Boy takes Fury out within 6.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:10 pm

Am I missing something with Chisora ??

A man who lost every second against David Haye still getting talked up ?

A plodder without a punch , simple as that for me.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:12 pm

Sean you need to revisit the Haye fight mate , it wasn't nip and tuck by any stretch, Haye clean sweeped all the rounds without Chisora landing a telling blow.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:23 pm

Id disagree with that Rodders mate, i thought it was a very close affair and come the end of round five, Haye was blowing very hard due to the immense pressure from Chisora. Haye does not cope too well from pressure at all. Great combination to finish the fight though.

On a separate note i cant wait to see Fury getting sparked out in only a months time!!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglongreturns Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:24 pm

Agree with Rodders.

shenglongreturns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:31 pm

Haye doesn't cope well with pressure? Really? When has he really "struggled"? What he couldn't cope with was, in Wlad, a fighter who stuck to dull, safe but effective gameplan. Everyone else, he's pretty much dominated.

Ruiz rushed him and he was clobbered, same with Barrett (they're no better than Chisora). Valuev tried forcing him into the corners and Haye was able to spin out with ease.

I'd like to think that, if Haye gets another shot at Wlad, he'll realise that he can actually take a decent shot and take a few more risks. He may still lose but at least it won't be a timid capitulation.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:32 pm

Immense pressure from Chisora? Not sure what fight you were watching MM8. Never saw anything bar the last 30 secs in rounds where Haye started to blow and was less evasive.

Was a cake-walk otherwise.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:33 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Valuev tried forcing him into the corners and Haye was able to spin out with ease.

A steamship could've out-manouvered Valuev!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:42 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Immense pressure from Chisora? Not sure what fight you were watching MM8.  Never saw anything bar the last 30 secs in rounds where Haye started to blow and was less evasive.

Was a cake-walk otherwise.
Chisora caught Haye heavily at the end of the 4th and start of the 5th. Not saying Haye wasn't the better boxer but Chisora didn't look out of place.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:43 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Valuev tried forcing him into the corners and Haye was able to spin out with ease.

A steamship could've out-manouvered Valuev!!
Irrelevant, Value tried to pressure him by not just cutting off the ring but filling the damn thing up and couldn't do it. Haye coped fine for a fighter who apprently doesn't like pressure fighters. Does walking up to Haye and begging to be punched in the face qualify Chisora for pressure fighter status?

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:46 pm

I wouldn't say Barrett was great Dave as Haye was knocked down was he not? Not sure, but if memory serves, it was up and down.

Anyone could move away from Valuev with speed mate, he is lumbering tree trunk with as much speed as Trussman in a 100mt sprint.

Haye was blowing hard which we had not seen before apart from with Thompson, so something was causing it gents.

Never looked that way against anyone else.

Im not saying Chisora is class by no means, in just saying by the look on Hayes face end of rounds, he knew it was tougher (which he later admitted) than he expected.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:49 pm

Come on Dave, we all know he prefers to sit back and pot shot all fight. Lets get real here.

How often os Haye in a complete toe to toe battle?

Lets ignore Ruiz who was 108 when they fought.

Monty Barrett was fun whilst it lasted with both getting dropped.

Valuev was pot shot
Wladamir was pot shot
Enzo Mac was pot shot
Harrison was pot shot (and a joke)

Chisora was the only one who managed to get to David Haye on the inside and rough him up hence tiring him out.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Champagne_Socialist Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:49 pm

the only boxers on that list you could say with any certainty are the klitschkos nd haye. Al of the rest are not a guarantee and some of them would be underdogs to chisora.

Pulev is facing thompson at the end of the month so lets see how both fighters do. If thompson loses it is the end of his career and if pulev loses it will destroy his career just like price's loss to thomson destroyed his career.

Wilder and perez have fought tomato cans so chisora would be a massive step up.

Adamek of 2010/11 would beat chisora but i think at 36 he might gas against a ressure fghter like chisora. He also doesnt have the power to keep chisora off him.

Champagne_Socialist

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:50 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:I wouldn't say Barrett was great Dave as Haye was knocked down was he not? Not sure, but if memory serves, it was up and down.

Anyone could move away from Valuev with speed mate, he is lumbering tree trunk with as much speed as Trussman in a 100mt sprint.

Haye was blowing hard which we had not seen before apart from with Thompson, so something was causing it gents.

Never looked that way against anyone else.

Im not saying Chisora is class by no means, in just saying by the look on Hayes face end of rounds, he knew it was tougher (which he later admitted) than he expected.

Yeh - 12 months out the ring!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:51 pm

Don't call Chisora a pressure fighter Champagne because he don't qualify for some reason.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:52 pm

Haye jumped in square on against Barrett and was caught with a nothing shot that had him over due to him being off balance. Barrett then clouted him while he was down. It was called a KD but it wasn't one in the way we know and love. The other poor one was the KD against Wlad which the ref called because he knew he'd been conned into docking a point off Wlad so need to even it up

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:54 pm

TopHat, David is well known for his lengthy spells between fights.

Look at Andre Ward......

Its irrelevant. If your in fighting shape, your in fighting shape.

12 months out of the ring may result in ring rust such as punch technique, Footwork, accuracy (mainly). But if you have put the rounds in the gym, your ready in terms of "fitness".

David did mention he found it a lot harder with Chisora then he thought it would. He said "i kept hitting him with huge shots and he just simply kept coming!"

That to me indicates pressure from chisora, hence the blowing Haye.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:57 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:TopHat, David is well known for his lengthy spells between fights.

Look at Andre Ward......

Its irrelevant. If your in fighting shape, your in fighting shape.

12 months out of the ring may result in ring rust such as punch technique, Footwork, accuracy (mainly). But if you have put the rounds in the gym, your ready in terms of "fitness".

David did mention he found it a lot harder with Chisora then he thought it would. He said "i kept hitting him with huge shots and he just simply kept coming!"

That to me indicates pressure from chisora, hence the blowing Haye.
That to me indicates Haye was being nice as opposed to saying, "He's a wardrobe and I couldn't miss him"

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:59 pm

Come on Dave, your clearly a chisora hater. Give the guy some credit

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 3:00 pm

OK, he's better than Audley!

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 3:01 pm

There you go mate! That's the spirit.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 3:07 pm

Baby steps but I'm sure I'll physically get there

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 14 Aug 2013, 5:00 pm

shenglongreturns wrote:Good point well made Bellchees, but we can only go with our opinions, as any time Chisora fights a top ten heavy he has faultered as well....but given that Tony has fought 41 fights (granted due to his age), including two world title fights and 2 world title eliminators amongst others, at this point in time you must admit his experience gives him an edge....

Care to name a single one, go ahead and bore me with the details.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Wed 14 Aug 2013, 5:02 pm

Add David Price to that list.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Wed 14 Aug 2013, 5:04 pm

Agree with pretty much the 10 in the article- don't think he'd last 8 rounds against Haye though.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Champagne_Socialist Wed 14 Aug 2013, 5:05 pm

bellchees wrote:

Care to name a single one, go ahead and bore me with the details.
I too would like to know these top 10 guys thompson has beaten.

Champagne_Socialist

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Wed 14 Aug 2013, 5:08 pm

Thompson could bet Fury if they fought now.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Wed 14 Aug 2013, 5:09 pm

*beat

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglongreturns Thu 15 Aug 2013, 12:38 pm

Dare I say it...I agree with Dave, Haye doesnt get enoguh kudos on these pages for things he has achieved.

And the KD against Wlad was a disgrace the man slipped.

shenglongreturns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next