The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biggest underachiever in Pro Wrestling History?

+13
Gregers
theundisputedY2D2
Adam D
Dx Dan.
Mr H
Kay Fabe
legendkillar
theanimal316
WooWooWooYouKnowIt
ADMIN
Lex-Express
marcellus wallace
Brady12
17 posters

Go down

Biggest underachiever in Pro Wrestling History? Empty Biggest underachiever in Pro Wrestling History?

Post by Brady12 Wed 11 May 2011, 8:07 pm

Someone who fails to achieve his or her potential or does not do as well as expected.....

Who do you guys think deserves this tag?

Lex Luger: Pushed to the moon as the next Hulk Hogan. Great body, good look, decent in-ring performer but just failed to connect with the audience. If ever a guy should of had an IT factor it was him but he just didn't.

The Giant/Big Show: What a physical specimen this guy was when he burst of the scene in WCW. Look at the guy now. That's what throwing a 10 year contract at someone who doesn't deserve one can do. Got fat & lazy.

Marty Jannety: Arguably as talented as his former tag team partner Shawn Michaels who's considered as the best ever by many. Did he not have Michaels drive or direction. What happened?

Jake Roberts: The greatest mind I've ever seen in pro wrestling. How he doesn't have a major job in a major wrestling promotion is a tradegy. What could he have been if he'd of controlled his demons

Last edited by Brady12 on Wed 11 May 2011, 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Biggest underachiever in Pro Wrestling History? Empty Re: Biggest underachiever in Pro Wrestling History?

Post by marcellus wallace Wed 11 May 2011, 8:13 pm

marty janetty i actually thought was the better one in the rockers.christian i would say aswell though thats not down to him.

marcellus wallace

Back to top Go down

Biggest underachiever in Pro Wrestling History? Empty Re: Biggest underachiever in Pro Wrestling History?

Post by Lex-Express Wed 11 May 2011, 8:19 pm

Brimstone....?

Pat Buck.....?

Pac....?

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 11 May 2011, 8:29 pm

Scott Hall, again his personal demons got the better of him, noticing a theme here.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 11 May 2011, 8:32 pm

Could Scott Hall carried a company on his back? Was he that good?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by WooWooWooYouKnowIt Wed 11 May 2011, 8:32 pm

Braden Walker.

WooWooWooYouKnowIt

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 11 May 2011, 8:34 pm

Also this may raise eyebrows with some as a lot will say the complete opposite and he was a massive overachiever but...

The Ultimate Warrior.
Had the world at his feet as Hogan's successor yet greed overtook him

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Wed 11 May 2011, 8:35 pm

Billy Gunn, think he had everything to be huge. I know Jim Ross was a huge supporter of his.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 11 May 2011, 8:35 pm

Brady12 wrote:Could Scott Hall carried a company on his back? Was he that good?

He had a huge huge amount of natural charisma, for me one of the most charismatic wrestlers to grace the ring.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 11 May 2011, 8:38 pm

Teddy Hart, massively talented wrestler coming from one of the most wrestling families in the world yet his attitude has prevented him from getting anyway in the business, now most federations won't touch him with a barge pole.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 11 May 2011, 8:38 pm

Hero wrote:Also this may raise eyebrows with some as a lot will say the complete opposite and he was a massive overachiever but...

The Ultimate Warrior.
Had the world at his feet as Hogan's successor yet greed overtook him

I like it Hero good shout, but I'm sure someone will agrue that he had no talent & was just a blown up bodybuilder. He's still a great in my book because at the time his rise to the top was so spectacular

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 11 May 2011, 9:01 pm

I would probably say Shelton Benjamin. Lots of talent. Just never seemed to make the most of opportunities.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 11 May 2011, 11:17 pm

legendkillar wrote:I would probably say Shelton Benjamin. Lots of talent. Just never seemed to make the most of opportunities.

Think this has something to do with the fact he had zero charisma

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 11 May 2011, 11:20 pm

theanimal316 wrote:Billy Gunn, think he had everything to be huge. I know Jim Ross was a huge supporter of his.

Much like Lex Luger before him (although he didn't have anywhere near the push) I just feel the guy didn't connect with the people. No IT factor

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 12 May 2011, 12:03 am

Brady12 wrote:
legendkillar wrote:I would probably say Shelton Benjamin. Lots of talent. Just never seemed to make the most of opportunities.

Think this has something to do with the fact he had zero charisma

ala John Morrison

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 1:12 am

The 3 that came to my mind right away where Luger, Jannetty and Jake Roberts, intresting that you've already listed them, I'd also say Curt Hennig massively under achieved after he returned to the ring in 92, he could have been the Greatest Of All Time

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Thu 12 May 2011, 4:31 am

the-gaffer wrote:The 3 that came to my mind right away where Luger, Jannetty and Jake Roberts, intresting that you've already listed them, I'd also say Curt Hennig massively under achieved after he returned to the ring in 92, he could have been the Greatest Of All Time

Completely agree, I don't think enough good can be said about him. When he returned in 1992/1993 he could have been the biggest babyface if used correctly. Also, even when he came back in 2002 he was good enough to go to the main event then, nd possibly have a title reign.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 12 May 2011, 8:02 am

Does anyone think that maybe some of the wrestlers listed underachieved due to the way they were utilised? For example Curt Hennig I see on this list and I think it is a massive crime on the WWE's part that they never pushed him at the same time as they did with Bret Hart. Watching them at Summerslam 91 should've been the beginning of a great feud.

Animal made a great shout with Billy Gunn and I think he was unlucky because he got injured and when he got back was put back into DX and then the WWE went PG which killed hi gimmick.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 9:23 am

Maccs The Warrior is a very intresting shout but why do you mention greed? This was a guy who was still waiting for his WrestleMania VII pay-off despite Hogan/Savage/Slaughter all getting their pay, I'd go as far as saying Warrior/Savage brought in most of the WM PPV audiance, Warrior simply wanted his WM and SummerSlam fee before going out and considering how Vince held of his WM i'd say he was well within his rights

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 12 May 2011, 9:31 am

Im not sure i can agree about Warrior. Surely beating Hulk Hogan clean at Wrestlemania to win the WWF Title isnt underachieving? And beating Randy Savage at Mania 7 in one of the greatest matches of all time? Granted he could have done a hell of alot more in his career but given what he DID accomplish i find it hard to say he underachieved. Sorry!

The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase underachieved for me, as did Kane and Umaga.

I just hope we dont talk about CM Punk in the same vein in years to come.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Thu 12 May 2011, 10:00 am

Kane should of had more main event opportunitie's, a guy of his size, yet so agile!, also the fact he's good on the mic.
I know this is a massive cliche, but Christian has to be mentioned here, the guy has the whole package.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 12 May 2011, 10:19 am

Dx Dan. wrote:Kane should of had more main event opportunitie's, a guy of his size, yet so agile!, also the fact he's good on the mic.
I know this is a massive cliche, but Christian has to be mentioned here, the guy has the whole package.

But does he? Im a big fan of his but can totally understand why Vince doesnt want him as a World Champion. Ok he's over, is good on the mic and is a great performer in-ring, but he's just lacking that star power, he hasnt got that aura about him that screams World Champion. As much as i rate Christian i hate to say it but i think he may be a tad overated? I'll get my coat.......

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 12 May 2011, 10:23 am

Dx Dan. wrote:Kane should of had more main event opportunitie's, a guy of his size, yet so agile!, also the fact he's good on the mic.

Not quite the total package, he doesn't have the awesome physique that has Vince creaming his pants.... There's still time for Christian but the next 18 months is massive for him

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Biggest underachiever in Pro Wrestling History? Empty Quiz

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 10:23 am

I'm as big a Christian fan as there is but I'd not call him an underachiever even if I'd love to see him with the World Title he has won the following:

9 time Tag Champ
3 time IC Champ
Light Heavyweight Champ
Hardcore Champ
2 time NWA/TNA World Heavyweight Champion
2 time ECW Champion
World Heavyweight Champion

Last edited by the-gaffer on Thu 12 May 2011, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 12 May 2011, 10:30 am

Mr H wrote:Im not sure i can agree about Warrior. Surely beating Hulk Hogan clean at Wrestlemania to win the WWF Title isnt underachieving? And beating Randy Savage at Mania 7 in one of the greatest matches of all time? Granted he could have done a hell of alot more in his career but given what he DID accomplish i find it hard to say he underachieved. Sorry!

The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase underachieved for me, as did Kane and Umaga.

I just hope we dont talk about CM Punk in the same vein in years to come.

When you put it like that Mr H Warriors career doesn't look too shabby

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 12 May 2011, 10:36 am

Plus, who else can say they beat Triple H in under 2 minutes at Wrestlemania!!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 12 May 2011, 11:39 am

Mr H wrote:Plus, who else can say they beat Triple H in under 2 minutes at Wrestlemania!!

Definately an accolade no other pro wrestler will ever have on their CV

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 12 May 2011, 11:41 am

Granted he could have done a hell of alot more in his career

That is what for me means he underachieved, yes he achieved a huge amount but it could have been a hell of a lot more thus he underachieved.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 12 May 2011, 11:48 am

Hero wrote:
Granted he could have done a hell of alot more in his career

That is what for me means he underachieved, yes he achieved a huge amount but it could have been a hell of a lot more thus he underachieved.

But thats like saying Shawn Michaels underachieved because he is only a 4 time world champion. Warrior COULD have done more but what he did accomplish was immense so i just find it hard to say he is the biggest underachiever in the history of pro-wrestling.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 12 May 2011, 12:32 pm

Brady12 wrote:
Mr H wrote:Plus, who else can say they beat Triple H in under 2 minutes at Wrestlemania!!

Definately an accolade no other pro wrestler will ever have on their CV

Unless he gets caught cheating on Steph of course!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 12:46 pm

Even if Trips banged Linda he'd never do another 2 minute job

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 12 May 2011, 1:20 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Even if Trips banged Linda he'd never do another 2 minute job

Probably already happened I can see Vince round the dinner table demanding everyone 'throws their keys in' after a McMahon family party

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 12 May 2011, 1:23 pm

Brady12 wrote:

Probably already happened I can see Vince round the dinner table demanding everyone 'throws their keys in' after a McMahon family party

"Not you Shane".

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 12 May 2011, 1:25 pm

*Vinces Eyes widen as he looks at Steph*

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 12 May 2011, 1:33 pm

I'd like to put Umaga in the underachievers category, a career struck short. Should have been a multi time champion.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Biggest underachiever in Pro Wrestling History? Empty Quiz

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 2:13 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
Brady12 wrote:

"Not you Shane".
LOL Thats genius

"Shane we're outta milk"

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 12 May 2011, 2:34 pm

oh my sweet word,

I posted a link to this on twitter earlier when it was normal discussion! Now it's descended into incest swinging.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 12 May 2011, 2:35 pm

Hero wrote:oh my sweet word,

I posted a link to this on twitter earlier when it was normal discussion! Now it's descended into incest swinging.

Well at least Vince will read it now! #incestwwe

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu 12 May 2011, 2:36 pm

Hero wrote:oh my sweet word,

Only on 606V2!

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 12 May 2011, 10:59 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I'm as big a Christian fan as there is but I'd not call him an underachiever even if I'd love to see him with the World Title he has won the following:

9 time Tag Champ
3 time IC Champ
Light Heavyweight Champ
Hardcore Champ
2 time NWA/TNA World Heavyweight Champion
2 time ECW Champion
World Heavyweight Champion

Speaking of his record i'm pretty sure he's the only wrestler to win Light-heavyweight, Hardcore, European, IC & World titles in WWE history

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 11:47 pm

The only other person that could give him a run for his money could be Jeff Hardy bv thats a top shout

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 25 May 2011, 3:17 pm

I have been watching a lot of earlier 2000's WW wrestling at the moment and after watching a couple of his matches I got to believe that Lance Storm was so poorly used in his time at the E.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 25 May 2011, 3:27 pm

perry saturn - was awesome right until he went nuts with a mop.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 25 May 2011, 3:53 pm

What about Mike Awesome, he could have had the lot

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 25 May 2011, 3:54 pm

the-gaffer wrote:What about Mike Awesome, he could have had the lot

If he had gone to WWF instead of WCW when he left ECW he may have made it...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down