The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lewis Jones the Llanelli legend passed away today.

4 posters

Go down

Lewis Jones the Llanelli legend passed away today. Empty Lewis Jones the Llanelli legend passed away today.

Post by Ifandorbut Thu 08 Aug 2013, 8:54 pm

Lewi as he was known to all, had another stroke on Monday and passed away peacefully today at 2.30am. The pleasure he brought to people with his simplistic view of life is immeasurable. Apart from running the line at the PAS and issuing yellow cards to people, he was also a linesman for the Llanelli Warriers, a team made up of youngsters some with learning difficulties. He also represented Wales at Golf and was said to be exactly the same on the course as running the touchline.

RIP mate you will be missed by many.

IAOB
Ifandorbut
Ifandorbut

Back to top Go down

Lewis Jones the Llanelli legend passed away today. Empty Re: Lewis Jones the Llanelli legend passed away today.

Post by pioden gorllewin Thu 08 Aug 2013, 10:01 pm

Lewy was part of my rugby up bringing, memories of him running up and down the pitch showing red cards to the refs and so on - great post Ifan. He will be missed - sure most won't know Lewy. But he was a great character, hard to explain. Here's a few pics of him :

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/llanelliwarriorsrfc/photos/alfred-adam-lewis-jones-7396.html#.UgO9qDq-SeM.twitter
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Lewis Jones the Llanelli legend passed away today. Empty Re: Lewis Jones the Llanelli legend passed away today.

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 09 Aug 2013, 8:51 am

Very sad news for friends and family. I never really knew him, but seeing him up at the Scarlets matches always made me smile. It will be sad to know that I won't see him laughing and joking with the locals up there anymore.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Lewis Jones the Llanelli legend passed away today. Empty Great memories

Post by stourjim Fri 16 Aug 2013, 5:33 pm

Sad to hear of Lewis Jones' death. I am 89 and my first visit to Twickenham stands in my memory because Lewis was playing his first game for Wales as a teenager and I was on the terrace behind him. I remember how he took kicks at goal and turned away before the ball reached the posts because he KNEW the kick was successful and I remember him taking a high ball in his 25 (as it was then) and running the length of the field with the crowd yelling for him to pass. Unfortunately I can't remember if Wales scored - perhaps someone can tell me. I also remember the gloom when he "went North" and it is good to know he had been able to return to Wales and resume making a contribution to Welsh rugby.

stourjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down