The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ulster 2013/2014

+53
VinceWLB
6oldenbhoy
Mickado
theslosty
Hookisms and Hyperbole
asoreleftshoulder
kunu
2bFair
RuggerRadge2611
RDW
justified sinner
ReadBetweenthePosts
Submachine
toml
SecretFly
LeinsterFan4life
Kingshu
8Studs
Golden
gleesonisgod
ulster_on_the_up
St John The Enforcer
geoff999rugby
geoff998rugby
Casartelli
theshanker
Pete330v2
RF09
marty2086
profitius
Portnoy's Complaint
Don Alfonso
the-goon
thebandwagonsociety
Rory_Gallagher
JayMaster3000
Sin é
doctor_grey
funnyExiledScot
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
UlstermaninGlasgow
InjuredYetAgain
Jenifer McLadyboy
Standulstermen
George Carlin
rodders
clivemcl
neilthom7
WillyGilly
The Great Aukster
MrsP
Artful_Dodger
Notch
57 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ulster 2013/2014 Empty Ulster 2013/2014

Post by Notch Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:29 pm

It had to come eventually.

Squad

HOOKER
Rory Best, Rob Herring, Niall Annett
PROP
Tom Court, Callum Black, Paddy McAllister, Declan Fitzpatrick, John Afoa, Bronson Ross, Adam Macklin, Ricky Lutton
LOCK
Johann Muller (c), Dan Tuohy, Neil McComb, Lewis Stevenson
BACKROW
Iain Henderson, Stephen Ferris, Mike McComish, Sean Doyle, Chris Henry, Robbie Diack, Roger Wilson, Nick Williams
SCRUM-HALF
Ruan Pienaar, Michael Heaney, Paul Marshall
OUTHALF
Paddy Jackson, James McKinney
CENTRES
Stuart Olding, Luke Marshall, Paddy Wallace, Darren Cave, Michael Allen
WING
Tommy Bowe, Andrew Trimble, Craig Gilroy, Chris Cochrane
FULL BACK
Jared Payne, Peter Nelson, David McIlwaine

Confirmed Pre-Season Games
Ulster Rugby vs Leinster Rugby, 23rd August
Leicester Tigers vs Ulster Rugby, 31st August

Heineken Cup Pool 5
Ulster Rugby, Leicester Tigers, Montpellier, Treviso

Ulster Rugby vs Leicester Tigers, 11th October
Montpellier vs Ulster Rugby, 19th October
Ulster Rugby vs Treviso, 7th December
Treviso vs Ulster Rugby, 14th December
Ulster Rugby vs Montpellier, 10th-12th January
Leicester Tigers vs Ulster Rugby, 17th-19th January

RaboDirectPro12

First five games starting on the 6th September;

Newport Gwent Dragons vs Ulster Rugby    
Ulster Rugby vs Glasgow Warriors            
Connacht Rugby vs Ulster Rugby
Ulster Rugby vs Benetton Treviso
Ospreys vs Ulster Rugby

Full fixtures at http://www.ulsterrugby.com/rugby/results_1stxv.php

Last edited by Notch on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Ulster 2013/2014 Empty Re: Ulster 2013/2014

Post by Notch Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:31 pm

Some pre-season news; Ulster are holding two open training sessions in the North-West at Donegal RFC and Strabane RFC

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/11608.php
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:39 pm

Notice Chris Farrell isn't included, many hope he'll get some decent game time.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:40 pm

Also, we look pretty thin in the second row even with Henderson covering there.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:59 pm

Yeah, Chris Farrell is on an Academy contract. I'm sure he'll feature during international windows. There are also a couple of highly rated locks in the Academy (O'Connor and someone whose name eludes me) but yeah- lock was a big issue for us for a lot of last season with Muller injured. We need a clean bill of health from himself this year.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 23 Jul 2013, 10:05 pm

? is that Donnan or something?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 23 Jul 2013, 10:16 pm

Maybe
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 24 Jul 2013, 2:38 pm

John Donnan was at the JWC
Alan O'Connor is the Leinster blow-in
James Simpson is still there AFAIK and looks to be the best prospect of the three.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Thu 25 Jul 2013, 1:05 pm

Ah Notchino - you have neglected to mention the mighty Mike McComish, and, for the first half of the season anyway, Ian Porter.

Two things I hope we build on next season.

The first is our young fellas coming through. There’s a massive bank of talent emerging. Paddy Jackson, Stuart Olding, Iain Henderson all getting their first Ireland caps at 20, Luke Marshall and Craig Gilroy getting theirs at 21. I can’t remember the last season we had that many players featuring on the national team, never mind that many first caps, never mind all being so youthful. (And good aul’ Paul Marshall getting his first as well!) They’re going to be bulwarks of the Ulster team, whatever their fortunes on the national team. But beneath the headliners, there are other youngsters like Heaney and Allen who made significant contributions to the Ulster team. I’d like particularly like to see Farrell, Joyce and Annett feature a bit more this season. Farrell just has a combination of size and skill that looks really promising. Joyce is a no-frills worker, and one with a bit of nous and leadership. I thought it was telling that while there were so many attention-grabbing Irish backrowers at the JWC, he always started. Annett has good skills and an excellent work ethic. Also hoping one of the young second rows puts a hand up.

Last season also felt like a bit of a second chance saloon for some players. Diack was a revelation after two years of stagnating under McLaughlin. (In fact, his performances improved as soon as he knew B McL was going, at the end of the previous season.) Williams as well – a signing that bemused and horrified in roughly equal measure when it was announced. McComb looked decent when called on, as – once or twice – did McComish. It felt like Anscombe gave everyone a crack of the whip, and some players, of whom I was expecting little, stepped up. I’d like to see that continue – to see if Anscombe can get more out of Cochrane, Doyle, McIlwane and/or Nelson.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 25 Jul 2013, 2:02 pm

Don Alfonso wrote:It felt like Anscombe gave everyone a crack of the whip, and some players, of whom I was expecting little, stepped up. I’d like to see that continue – to see if Anscombe can get more out of Cochrane, Doyle, McIlwane and/or Nelson.

Think this is a tad harsh DA - except for Cochrane, who surprisingly has a contract. He has always flattered to deceive with his potential and lion heart, but in truth doesn't have the power to be anything more than a last resort at wing and has no utility elsewhere.

Doyle did well in the games he played and was improving before his injury, so I'm expecting him to put Henry under some pressure this season.
McIlwaine was dropped in at the deep end when last at Ulster (including the HEC) as a callow youth, but now has some good experience under his belt and has physically developed, so I'm expecting him to be a viable 15.
AFAIK Nelson is the youngest player to be capped by Ulster which shows the weight of expectation on him, but I'm expecting that this season he will have physically developed enough to be at least a viable bench option as he potentially can cover the back five.

BTW I thought Macklin had moved (on a sabbatical) - is he still at Ulster?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Thu 25 Jul 2013, 2:14 pm

Ah - I see how that reads - no, I singled out those players because I think they all can improve, and have potential. I wasn't saying that "these guys need to up their game". But reading back, it does come across like that. Apologies.

I have high hopes for Nelson, actually, and don't see why Doyle and McIlwane shouldn't play an important part next season. I agree McIlwane got the poo-ey end of the stick when he was previously at Ulster.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 25 Jul 2013, 3:20 pm

Notch did I miss your end of season review, or did you not do one this year?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 25 Jul 2013, 5:08 pm

WillyGilly wrote:Notch did I miss your end of season review, or did you not do one this year?

Nah I didn't do one. I think the two lads coming back in McKinney and McIlwaine will add a lot to the squad in terms of depth. Both pretty solid.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 7:44 pm

Agree Notch McIlwaine will add an extra long boot option too. I would like to see Jackson given more responsibility this season. I'm not saying put it all on him immediately but piece by piece give him more responsibility, maybe more kicking duties definately more responsibility in choosing options etc piece by piece and see how he goes.
This year we have 3 fantatsic inside centres and 1 outside centre who is experianced so we should look at Farrell getting gametime which i think is good because he is something a bit different to our other centres.
I am cautiously optimistic about this season everyone is a year older and wiser, we have developed younger guys with games (either forced or not) we have more options and the guys we have added will add solid depth in my opinion. Anscombe has now had a full season too so this will only help him know where to go with the team.

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 25 Jul 2013, 10:13 pm

Sure with Ruan Pienaar unavailable until the Rugby Championship is over Paddy Jackson will be our first choice place kicker from the start of the season onwards- then, like last year, its about how long he can hold off Pienaar when he comes back.

Jackson is already sort of in charge of calling the plays and everything so there's not much to worry about there.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 25 Jul 2013, 10:26 pm

I like the way Anscombe isn't swayed by popular opinion and is prepared to try players in different positions. Some of the experiments have been forced but he has found a way to motivate the players involved and make it work. For example Diack has played across the whole back row and at Lock, Lutton a LH has been reinvented as a TH, (maybe PaddyMac the same this year), Olding would have been seen as a FH at the start of last season and Allen solely as a centre.

I'm not sure what position Farrell will slot into but having missed last season he is starting this one at the back of the grid. However Anscombe has shown he will give players every chance to impress and earn their start.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 26 Jul 2013, 3:51 pm

Thoughts on moulding Olding into a permanent 13?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 27 Jul 2013, 8:49 am

He has the perfect blend of skills for 13 - electric acceleration, step off both feet, good pass off both hands, wholehearted defence, and crucially the nous to make good decisions.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:33 pm

Anscombe bringing the banter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwF1tjT9cXk

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:48 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:He has the perfect blend of skills for 13 - electric acceleration, step off both feet, good pass off both hands, wholehearted defence, and crucially the nous to make good decisions.

Seconded.

I see the Ulster lads are en route to Donegal .....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:54 pm

Ha ha - gotta love Anscombe. I wonder if the Gumby top still makes an appearance at training?

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:10 pm

Do a Twitter search for #fleefly or #suftumnation

It's carnage.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 31 Jul 2013, 6:39 am

Thought I would splatter my nonsense on the Ulster thread because you guys are my Irish team and I think are probably our (i.e. Glasgow's) biggest threat to the title this year.

Questions for Notch & squadron (be nice, I'm trying to educate myself):

1. Given the continuity you've managed to maintain (I don't think losing Brady, Birch et al will be fatal, let's be honest), what will be a good season for you this year? Will anything less than winning the league and HC knockout qualification do?

2. What do you know/have you heard about newcomers McKinney, McIlwaine and Ross?

3. Once and for all - do you have any reason to doubt Afoa returning?

4. I understand that Stephen Ferris has signed a one year extension. What kind of shape is he in?

5. Is the new stadium finished?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 5:23 pm

I can help with some of that George
1. The league will be tough but I honestly believe we should be looking at winning the league this year and we would expect to get out of the groups I think in the Heineken cup.

2. McKinney and McIlwaine both were at Ulster a few years ago and went accross the water to improve their game a bit. McIlwaine is primarily a fullbck but can also play wing, he is tall and has a very big boot, he should be a good squad option for us this year. McKinney will provide abetter all round back up to Jackson than O'Connor did and push him more but I would expect him to be cover rather than too seriously push Jackson but you never know. I'm afraid I know very little about Ross I will leave that to someone else.

3. Afoa should return i don't see him not returning

4. Ferris has signed until January I believe and wont be fit until at least december, we would need to bring him back in slowly and I think playing 6 nations etc would be totally out of the question, he needs to be nursed back in to playing otherwise he will never be fit properly again.

5. New Stadium is not finished at this stage no

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 31 Jul 2013, 5:53 pm

George Carlin wrote:Thought I would splatter my nonsense on the Ulster thread because you guys are my Irish team and I think are probably our (i.e. Glasgow's) biggest threat to the title this year.

Questions for Notch & squadron (be nice, I'm trying to educate myself):

1. Given the continuity you've managed to maintain (I don't think losing Brady, Birch et al will be fatal, let's be honest), what will be a good season for you this year? Will anything less than winning the league and HC knockout qualification do?

2. What do you know/have you heard about newcomers McKinney, McIlwaine and Ross?

3. Once and for all - do you have any reason to doubt Afoa returning?

4. I understand that Stephen Ferris has signed a one year extension. What kind of shape is he in?

5. Is the new stadium finished?

1) Winning a trophy is what's required after reaching Finals and finishing as runners-up in the last two years. Heineken Cup, Pro12- even the Amlin. The important thing is that we reach a final and we win it. Thats the next step. Ending the season without a trophy in the cabinet is not a successful season for us next year.

2) Bronson Ross I know the least about. He's an Irish qualified Kiwi who was propping for Coventry in the English championship. He has a reputation as a solid scrummager. McKinney was a year ahead of Paddy Jackson and as well as being his rival at underage level he's a good counterpoint to him- less distinguished than him in open play and less attack minded, but a very consistent goal kicker with a good tactical kicking game. He should provide good cover for Jackson if Paddy gets more time in the Ireland set-up but Paddy Jackson is the more talented player and will remain first choice. McIlwaine is a pretty good acquisition, but will just be a squad player at fullback. He's very good under the high ball and is a big strong lad but will only see action in the big games if something happens to Jared Payne... Peter Nelson is probably the better prospect of these two quite young fullbacks. So he'll be battling with Nelson to get a spot on the bench I imagine.

All guys who will add depth to the squad but none who I expect to force their way into the first XV unless there are more injuries. The first XV will probably be the same as last year.

3) No, he'll be with us next year but I'm pretty certain he will be leaving next summer and he may be given leave to miss a few Pro12 games as he heads back to NZ.

4) He's not expected to be back fit for another few months- the contract extension was to give him time to rehab his injury properly. If he comes back it can be extended and if he can't get fit again it likely won't. He is set to miss the start of the season and there are still big question marks over his future as the contract only runs until halfway through the season. Watch this space.

5) The two new stands at either end are finished, the main stand won't be finished until the start of the 2014/2015 season as I understand it. Rava could give you much more accurate info. The capacity of Ravenhill next year will be 13500... I think.

Last edited by Notch on Wed 31 Jul 2013, 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 31 Jul 2013, 6:04 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfjw0iwtG1M&feature=youtu.be

Feature on the open training session at Donegal RFC. David Humphreys; "We'll know the programmes we're putting in place will be successful when we have a team of people who represent all parts of Ulster."
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 31 Jul 2013, 6:23 pm

Notch and NeilThom- thanks so much for the comprehensive replies.

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : realised NT also replied)
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Fri 02 Aug 2013, 1:27 pm

Interesting off point topic, Dan Carter was asked a question on Twitter last night by someone. The question was when you were 19 were you on the verge of signing for Instonians in belfast, Ireland? He replied with yes mate I was. Interesting to see he was so close to coming here, imagine what we could have had

Still on the upper side I just got offered a new job today close to Ravenhill too so perfect for the rugby season.

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Fri 02 Aug 2013, 2:49 pm

Nice one Neil.

Just read that Matawalu is out for the start of the season with a broken 'beckham-bone'.

Feel sorry for him as he is electric to watch but makes me sleep slightly easier about facing Glasgow so early. Serious contenders this year.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 02 Aug 2013, 3:01 pm

Young Embra Prop just broke his leg in training. They must be hard at it in Scotland.

We have Glasgow away early also. Be great to break the hobbit of a lifetime and get a good start in the league.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 02 Aug 2013, 5:49 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23517285

Paddy Jackson on cross-dressing and pre-season...

"And a few of the tasks were to wear women's clothing?"
"No... that was optional."

Laugh 
Dead on Paddy!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 02 Aug 2013, 6:56 pm

For anyone watching the Super Rugby final tomorrow morning, keep an eye on Mark Anscombe's son Gareth in the Chiefs starting team. I have a few quid on him to score the first try Very Happy

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 02 Aug 2013, 7:01 pm

I wish I wasn't working now! It's gonna have to be Sky+
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Mon 05 Aug 2013, 5:14 pm

V impressive squad although, as the Artful Dodger points out, you are a bit light (figuratively speaking!) at lock. Beyond that, there is plenty of strength in depth there to let you challenge for the HC.
To add to the actual strength, from what I saw, Olding looks an excellent player too and could develop into a really classy player.
Like Leinster, I like the way Ulster play their rugby so best of luck for the season (apart from when you cross the Irish Sea)

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Mon 05 Aug 2013, 9:29 pm

Anyone seen UIG?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Tue 06 Aug 2013, 12:37 pm

... think I saw him in Glasgow.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 06 Aug 2013, 2:11 pm

...trying to convince a young lady that as a new doctor, giving mouth to mouth is part of his professional as well as personal remit.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 06 Aug 2013, 2:55 pm

Not too unreasonable a line of thought in normal circumstances but I do think the fact she was asleep will count against him when it comes to trial

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Thu 08 Aug 2013, 10:02 am

Did everyone hear about Bangor Rugby Club being asked to play Treviso while doing a tour in Italy? Crazy stuff. They lost 92-3, but were winning 3-0 at the start! Laugh 

Great story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcsX2bqzDIA

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 08 Aug 2013, 11:20 am

Hah! Tough game for Bangor. Looking for a second successive promotion- will not be facing many more sides of that calibre.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Fri 09 Aug 2013, 11:42 am

Had a couple of hours to myself last night - watched some bits and bobs of last season's Ulster games I still had recorded, including the semi-final against the Scarlets.

Some thoughts:

Diack was really excellent towards the end of the season. Good support lines, very aware, really improved at the breakdown. His handling is as good as any other IQ backrower. Quite a turnaround for him. He’ll be invaluable if he starts this season in the same form.

Hendo was clearly knackered. His first season, playing HEC and International rugby, without a pre-season (he was at the JWC), no wonder. I think he looks better at six – he can go a bit quiet in second row. Very good in the scrum there, though.

Our scrum is a real weapon – with the likes of Callum Black, Rob Herring or Deccie Fitzpatrcik on the field, we lose something in the loose, but the scrum doesn’t falter. Watched the home Cardiff game, and the only time they managed to avoid being minced in the scrum was when we had Brady and Fitzpatrick on with Diack in the second row. When something did go wrong, the weak link was often Williams, failing to control the ball at the back.

Can’t wait to see more from Olding.

We really can blow hot or cold at the breakdown. I can't quite get my head aroudn what the variables are.

Paul Marshall may not be international class, and obviously is a bit wired to the moonl,. but he’s a generally a good scrumhalf.

Come on, season. Start…

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Mon 12 Aug 2013, 2:07 pm

Hello all! I've been hiding in deepest darkest Tyrone over the summer and have just started my first job as a doctor! So not much rugby for me this season! I'll have to make do with BBC NI/Alba and this place to keep me occupied!
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 14 Aug 2013, 11:57 am

Tommy Bowe potentially out for three months- blydi Lions tour! furious 

Why wasn't this surgery undertaken when he got back from Australia six weeks ago? Then he would definitely be fit for the Heineken Cup. Serious questions about how his injury was handled by the Lions medical staff Rolling Eyes 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23693258
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:17 pm

Notch wrote:Tommy Bowe potentially out for three months- blydi Lions tour! furious 

Why wasn't this surgery undertaken when he got back from Australia six weeks ago? Then he would definitely be fit for the Heineken Cup. Serious questions about how his injury was handled by the Lions medical staff Rolling Eyes 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23693258
Such as?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:22 pm

He needs exploratory surgery. Could this not have been established before he was discharged from their care? Was he rushed back far too soon to play in the final test match? Was his wrist given enough time to properly recover? Did he receive appropriate after-care after the final test match?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:29 pm

Real shame about Bowe. Seems to be permanently injured these days.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:46 pm

Notch wrote:He needs exploratory surgery. Could this not have been established before he was discharged from their care? Was he rushed back far too soon to play in the final test match? Was his wrist given enough time to properly recover? Did he receive appropriate after-care after the final test match?
I'm guessing that you assume yes, yes, no and no, but it could as easily be the other way round, no?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:58 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Real shame about Bowe. Seems to be permanently injured these days.
Darn right, I want a refund from the Osprey's.....

In fairness he had a long injury free run there where he played a lot, it seems to be balancing out a bit now....very frustrating though but he is getting on a bit I suppose.

On the upside it gives young Gilroy a chance to re-establish himself in the side and stake an international claim which may work out well in the longer run, as well as keep Bowe fresh for the latter half of the season.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:28 pm

Obviously Bowe was rushed back instead of coming home when he sustained the injury in the first place. Yet again a home nations' Test side is shafted by the Lions, with rugby losing out in the long term.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:51 pm

Aw come on Aukster, Bowe chose to play...and given how rare a Lions cap is I wouldn't blame him. He's a 5 time Lions test starter and now a test series winner, that will put him in the pantheon of the greatest Irish players when he retires.

It was a calculated risk to play.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next