The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations to Marco Fu!

Go down

Congratulations to Marco Fu! Empty Congratulations to Marco Fu!

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:48 pm

Marco Fu won the Australian Open yesterday to notch his second ranking title. Shame for Neil Robertson that he lost the final in his homeland, but I have to congratulate Marco on a great tournament. I thought that, at the age of 35, his career was going nowhere fast - but there's life in the old dog yet Congratulations to Marco Fu! 3559488474

Having said that, Fu beat the following players to secure the title:

Neil Robertson
Robert Milkins
Dominic Dale
Shaun Murphy
Ken Doherty

Not the greatest of competition there. Robbo is a great scalp, but Murph isn't the player he used to be, Milkins is in the midst of a purple patch, and Dom and Ken are virtually OAPs now.

But let's not take away from Marco's fine victory Yahoo 

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to Marco Fu! Empty Re: Congratulations to Marco Fu!

Post by The Special Juan Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:52 pm

Indeed, well done to him. I can't believe a) he's 35 and b) it's only his 2nd major title. For such a great player on his day, that's a really disappointing haul of titles. On saying that though, he's reached his fair share of finals. Beating THE man in-form Sir Neil Robertson is wonderful and here's to many more for the man :beer: The Aussies didn't have a great day on Sunday.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down